callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Mieze Nice! You're using RMXP, aren't you? And I really like those houses. Did you make it? :kaoswt2:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
XD LOL Just imagined the painter as a tree too there looking closer. I guess it isn't Harold from Fallout 3 but not a mistake, just a wonderful accident!

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hahahahaha the sprite reminds me of jonny bravo!
He reminds me more of "PC Principal" from South Park tbh :D

Good job everybody.
I made some progress too, currently working on a video featuring Koruldia's overworld (among other stuff), here is a screenshot directly captured from MV:

I think that video will be done very soon.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Advice appreciated from mappers who are alot better than myself on what I'm doing wrong with this map. It's more the mountain I'm trying to design and I have no idea for the life in me what I'm doing wrong. I have tried watching tutorials, but some friendly advice would also go a long way.

Quick update, I had another go based on some advice I got, let me know which looks better. Yes I'm aware it looks empty, I'm more interested in getting the outline lookng okay first :p

Attachments

Last edited:

Saboera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Advice appreciated from mappers who are alot better than myself on what I'm doing wrong with this map. It's more the mountain I'm trying to design and I have no idea for the life in me what I'm doing wrong. I have tried watching tutorials, but some friendly advice would also go a long way.

Quick update, I had another go based on some advice I got, let me know which looks better. Yes I'm aware it looks empty, I'm more interested in getting the outline lookng okay first :p
Not sure which I prefer, I'm not a fan of the running water area on the first one but I think the second one is a bit overdone when it comes to elevation variation. Lower part of your map is the area that needs more work in my opinion, it's all steep cliff, you could add some variation to it.

Doodled over one of your picture a bit, I'd say keep the green area, switch the blue area to something like the second picture and rework the red area.

Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure which I prefer, I'm not a fan of the running water area on the first one but I think the second one is a bit overdone when it comes to elevation variation. Lower part of your map is the area that needs more work in my opinion, it's all steep cliff, you could add some variation to it.

Doodled over one of your picture a bit, I'd say keep the green area, switch the blue area to something like the second picture and rework the red area.

Just my 2 cents.
Hi thanks for the reply, the water bit i got rid of intentionally in the 2nd picture because I didnt really like it either. The bit of the map in red is like that because I've not got round to doing it yet, I'm very OCD about doing things from top to bottom for some reason, so yeah I intend to do some work on it.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

How does the characters select screen look with 4th character? I am still trying to find a good distance they should be from each other, so that they're not too close or too far.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Tuomo L The distance between characters isn't the problem, your select thing is just way too big. You probably shouldn't use the Clow magic circle anyway, it's way too distinctive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs
the coffee shop i go to for open mic every friday only has 2 more open mics left and then they're done :'( i'm gonna die!
Everytime someone says Intel "kabylake" I hear either baby lake or ladycake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dudebro