Game & Map Screenshots 9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Davekron Your images are not showing. Use a site like Imgur to host them or use the Upload a File button.

2. Davekron

Davekron The Emperor's Archon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I forgot to upload them... Thanks for the warning

3. Applesaws

Applesaws Apple Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Davekron and Yoraee like this.
  4. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @BCj I don't know if it's parallaxed (and an easy fix) or a tileset (not harder but applies on all occurences) but the northernmost stairs look like they have a steep first step. When you look at the height between two stairs and the height between the floor and the first stair, it's a big difference.
    The easiest way to fix it would be to make the stairs less wide (that is, move the top half a few pixels down).
    One more thing, it looks like the stairs need to go up one more tile. If you look at the center "pillar", the one with the flag, it starts one tile below but ends up at the same height. Being in front of the stairs, either the height is wrong or it needs a landing space above it to compensate.

Tell me if it's not clear, I'll make a drawing to show what I mean.

BCj likes this.
  5. Davekron

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    TEA48.jpg

An another map is in progress: a monastery in the woods, which is going to include a large dungeon as well.

Marquise*, Kvothe and Rabosion like this.
  6. Ennacrima

Ennacrima Artist Member

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    How does it look screen-size wide?
    The whole map looks cool. I'm just wondering how much, trees and walls, are going to fill the screen.
    Gud Job :LZScool:

7. Davekron

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks. I'm currently using 1920x1080 in test mode, but it will be reduced to 1280x1024. All exterior maps are 82x82, because it's the limit in the plugin I'm using, although I'd like bigger maps :/ I'm gonna upload ingame screenshots when it's finished, but I think it looks very well ingame.

8. Allan Bays

Allan Bays Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is my first attempt ever at parallax mapping. I decided to give it a shot, it's not the best but it's completely functional and I learned a lot about GIMP.

Attached Files:

Rabosion and Canini like this.
  9. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Looks nice enough for a first attempt, and it is always a bonus if you can learn a new tool in the process. Good work!

Allan Bays likes this.
  10. Allan Bays

Allan Bays Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you! I like GIMP a lot! I hadn't used PS since cs3 was the newest version.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  11. Dusttt

Dusttt Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This time i'm working on the rendering, i added lights and real time shadow (tweaked version of quasisimpleshadows to get a sun shadow source). The next step is layer and weather with leaves falling.

[​IMG]

12. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Dusttt The pink lights on the map look random, especially the one at the bottom left. There is no source and disturbs the readability of the map.
    Also, the pink crystals are supposed to be very bright, with the glare and flare effects, but they actually look pale. Even the lotus flowers are brighter.
    If you can fix the lighting, it'll become a pretty map!

jonthefox and Dusttt like this.
  13. Dusttt

Dusttt Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your feedback, i just made some modifications what do you think now?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Marquise* and Rabosion like this.
  14. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Dusttt I'm not sure about the green effect, but the crystals are a little brighter.
    Try to add pure white in their centers, instead of pale purple. I think it'll help make them look brighter more easily.

Dusttt likes this.
  15. Milk Bar Prophet

Milk Bar Prophet MBP Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work for the longer one, Yoraee. Wish there was some plugin which would make this sort of more elaborate animations easier and the developers life simpler so we wouldn't have to make detours like those parallel process method you've mentioned. I'm still feeling green at this rpg making so can't really suggest any better solutions than the one you've found. Still I'm glad to see the Rpg maker's limits aren't stopping you! :)

Yoraee likes this.
  16. Plueschkatze

Plueschkatze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yoraee Maybe try changing the image within in the movement routes itself instead of doing switches etc to get to a new page where the sprite is exchanged. This might help you. Since I'm not sure for what exactly you are needing more than 20 event pages otherwise. o.o
    Looks really charming by the way! :)

Yoraee likes this.
  17. Freank

Freank Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Another speed mapping made by me!

Marquise* and jonthefox like this.
  18. dbchest

dbchest Beast Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dusttt i do not think there was anything wrong with the map the first time. well done.

Dusttt likes this.
  19. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dusttt I really like your map! I have no idea what that green X over the purple things, but I suppose it's suppose to be the shining light...

Anyway, I've been working on a game that I have wanted to do for a long time and is rather on the short side, so it's going to be a free game. Before I could edit, before I could really map and I had a hard time with game play (still working on), even down to my antagonists. I wanted to create what I termed Star Trek meets Resident Evil, only without the zombies. Later, I would discover that Dead Space. (=o.o=) I am NOT completely happy with what I have thus far, but I thought I'd get feed back if it feels like a "BRIDGE" of a starship. It's suppose to be damaged.

Map003.png

20. Yoraee

Yoraee Veteran Veteran

@Plueschkatze I used the "Turn" commands in movement route to go through one column in the sprite sheet, so 4 frames, but I couldn't figure out a way to switch to the next column of the sprite sheet (which has the next frames) in the same event page. I always found myself having to create a new page that starts from the beginning of the next column. Right now I have a an event that plays one column (4 frames) in each page and goes through about 15 pages to play the full animation. Maybe I'm missing something? I know this is a very messy solution and would love to optimize it.

To avoid going off topic, Here's a battle animation I finished recently for a Kick attack :)

[​IMG]

jayray, Marquise*, Punamaagi and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.