Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Yoraee you can choose the next sprite with the "change image" command, from within the movement route ;) (on the right side of the menu)
It just might be a bit tricky because you'd probably start with the "up" frame if you ended on that before prior, but if you arrange the tilesheets with that in mind you don't have to worry much about that plus you'll save a lot of the event pages.
For the change image, just chose the same spritesheet again but another "character" from it. :)
I hope this helps a bit.

Btw, I love the battle animations you've done for your game :)

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, I'd like to show you the game I'm working on. Here is a short video of the first 7 minutes of the game. It shows some of the custom sprites, parallax work, weather systems, etc. Hope you guys enjoy it!

I realized I goofed while recording this and forgot to turn the rain sound effect off after leaving the beginning area. So that sound will persist through the video! I fixed the bug now, I just didn't want to have to go back and record this video for a 3rd time :)

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@KawaiiKid I think it would be better if you did just a couple of screenshots, or a very short video to showcase, say, one or two things. Few people, if any, are going to watch a 7 minute video and give meaningful feedback on all of it.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Adjorr, you're using several styles of tilesets. They clash because they on't fit together well. Like the statues. And the graves.

Adjorr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Adjorr, you're using several styles of tilesets. They clash because they on't fit together well. Like the statues. And the graves.
well, i personally think they look nice together, but thank you for your feedback

Adjorr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KawaiiKid : I like of atmosphere of your game.
@Adjorr : I think that it is very "messy";

Test of my title screen system for RMV. (OBS: it is all for testing. The button is under bouncing effect)

good, its an abandoned cemetary, why wouldnt it be messy?

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kvothe I love the background! I just think the bouncing text is distracting a tad. I don't like that one, maybe make it bounce less?

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not sure why I can't put image in. But here goes:

Which one do you guys think is better, left or right? Or maybe I'll use both. :p

@Freank I don't know, man... It looks too bland and boring. Try cutting the size down and add some interesting decorations.

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh man! That cloud background is amazing. I'd like to know how did you managed that. Is that seamless looping images to play animation? Or just video running in the background?
----

I think the city I am making for Wanda - A Beautiful Apocalypse is coming together nicely. Please have a look :)

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@esby That map is charming. I particularly like the way you have incorporated the stonework into the cliff face around the right hand opening. Just 2 tiny ni-picking points. Water lilies need quiet water, so you wouldn't have one so close to a waterfall. The more obvious one is that your largest flower is growing out of stone on the right. It just looks odd.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Mr. Detective ,

They both look perfectly acceptable, however, in the second (right) room, the plunger being next to the sink seems out of place. In a practical sense. :) Keep up the good work!

-MIA

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Dusttt Overall a nice map, but there is a problem with your path. On both sides of the bridge it ends before reaching the bridge. It makes it look like people don't actually walk onto the bridge - either they turn back or jump the last little bit. The path ending on the right is particularly sharp. I suggest that you take it up to the ends of the bridge, because that's how it would normally be.

I was just about to click 'post reply' when I saw something else. If I have understood correctly, there are flowers which are giving off a pink light - hence the colour change in the cliffs top left. However, if that is a light, then it should remove the shadow being thrown by the middle section of the cliff, or at the very least soften its sharp edges or reduce its strength.

Dusttt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes Thank you for your feedback i made a quick fix on my prototype map with your advices.

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey friends. I've been working on the next dungeon in my game, which is called the Sylvan Floodplain. The first time you go through, the bridge/road will be inaccessible, so you'll have to head through the wilderness. Parts of it will be flooded, and then you'll be able to come back later when the water levels have shrunk back to normal and get to some of the places you couldn't before.

I'm pretty happy with the maps, but always keen for feedback (especially on the cliff heights, because that always seems to be my downfall, haha).

(Warning, giant images ahead)

Flooded:

And here are a few shots of it in-game (NPCs and such still to come):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.
Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnochIndieStudios