Mieze

Maker Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
A small piece of a map. The map is 200x150 large.
I was inspired by the great map of "Anime-Addiction".
I want to do most of the map with the RTP.
Little things come from free resources of others.Unbenannt.jpg

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mieze Both of your maps are lovely; great use of the RTP. My only suggestion for this latest map is that the bright green grass at the bottom is quite jarring, so I'd suggest transitioning that with some of the snow grass, perhaps. Also, check the cliff heights at the bottom right; looks like the green cliff is the wrong height (see the bottom).

Mieze

Maker Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@A-Moonless-Night
Thank you. But the map is not finished yet and only part of the map :kaoangry:
It will be done a lot more anyway.
And thanks, the cliffs I have to look anyway. I often have mistakes in it :D

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mieze Talking about cliffs' height, there is the same elevation issue in the top left area. The cliff is 2 tiles high even in the upper part of town.
And, if it's used/visited, you can add a path leading to the tower in the forest up north.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Getting sidetracked again. Thought I'd try improving my mapping with Celianna's tiles.

The houses are not the prebuilt ones but edited and hacked together instead.

For the ground I created six layers. Woodchip, thick grass, dirty grass, lawn grass, dirt path and rocky underlay.

I then created suitable clearings in each layer, until I got to the lawn grass. I used a light eraser to erase individual lines from each house to each other, and to the road, imagining I was a person walking around the map.

Doing this enough times created some natural desire lines and a realistic square in the middle of the village, rather than just starting by erasing that.

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The inside of a first floor of the castle. I know it seems simple but I'm quite proud of this!

Mieze

Maker Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A

Not finished yet. There are still errors in it and the one site of the map is still empty. Until now I'm sitting there about 3-4 days on the map. ;)

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mieze The southern areas have several levels of height, going down, but they start at sea level.
Are those areas below sea level on purpose? It does happen IRL, but I'm not sure if that's your intention.

Mieze

Maker Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@cabfe Yes, that's intent. It should work deeper in the places. You mean the dark blue cliffs UNDER the water, right?

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@cabfe Yes, that's intent. It should work deeper in the places. You mean the dark blue cliffs UNDER the water, right?
No, these are fine (although they need to be very clear waters). I'm talking about the land mass in the bottom corners.

Mieze

Maker Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@cabfe aahh. ok. Yes, that's also intent. These are abysses. Bzw I wanted to suggest a ravine. The one village is located in the middle of a gorge. It should be a certain venue. :)

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My game's Early Access is today in few hours, I thought I'd show a silly tutorial battle from the game while testing out stuff.

Fun fact; Harold's stats are based on his actual lvl 50 stats on RPG Maker MV, I did boost his health quite a lot though just so he'd not die too soon.

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Outside castle! I got some inspiration from the base example floating temple map in RMMV to layer two tile walls on top of each other for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, ended up at the hospital with the oldest so mebbe might make the game jam's deadline. Maybe not. Regardless, really digging MZ.
I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalaacSoran