Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been busy creating graphics and polishing stuff, finally i managed to add all the mechanics needed for a full fledged strategy rpg.

For those unfamiliar with these kind of world conquest SRPGS here is a little explanation if you are curious:
the whole game takes place on this screen, except when the game switches to combat or to visual novel esque segments. In this case you start in this province of not-eurasia and must unite the land before a certain number of turns pass. Each turn you are provided with 3 actions.
By clicking on the little shields on each province you have access to several events, battles, etc. Each one of those consumes both military/industrial/diplomatic/spionage points and 1 action. Once you dont have options left, you pass turn and your actions are refiled.
Also on the map, green means that you control the territory, yellow is a neutral faction and red a faction you are at war with.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is supposed to be a recreation room of some sort. I am not even sure what to use it for, plot-wise, but at least it serves as a good filler map. :biggrin:

By the way, how should I set the passability for the card table?

I also have a concern regarding the windows, too. I realized that I am using two different types of windows. That's abnormal?

Just a heads up for the dialogue, I don't believe 2 honorifics are ever used, you might want to choose either -sama or -senpai. I've consumed a fairly large amount of Japanese media and I've never come across 2 honorifics used in tandem like that. Also, take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I've never studied the actual language.
Normally, you don't use 2 honorifics together, except as a joke. That was probably done for comedic purpose. :rolleyes:

@Plueschkatze Uh... I feel like there's something unusual about the lightning of that map. o_O

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@onionvolcano I've merged your post with this one, the best place to get feedback on maps and such.

Joker101

Pixel Experimenter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a boss I recently finished. This was probably my most favorite enemy to draw + animate so far (It is based off of a Caddisfly Larva).

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CosBlade There are a couple errors that jump out. The first one is that those dark grey rocks do not match with the tileset. It is kind of off-putting. There are a couple mapping errors with the trees too.

upload_2018-1-8_22-27-54.png

upload_2018-1-8_22-28-41.png

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm stuck between two ideas for VN. I'll probably do both eventually, just am decidind what to do first. The other is much more common anime one the other is more fantasy oriented.

Selhan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@Alexander Hawksmoor

I LOVE the menu. Just think the names of the characters could be a bit bigger to be more visible / readable.

For the title, I'm no nfan of this red-orange-yellow visual. The lack of contrast makes it not very readable, so it is difficult to focus your eye somewhere.

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if I like it yet but I was playing around with some pixi filters and mainly doing a beam effect for the dungeon I am working on. It is animated as well so pretty neat I think. :)

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@onionvolcano Cool graphics. The screaming frightened me—I really wasn't expecting that!
@Tuomo L I like the idea of a fantasy-oriented visual novel. Not a fan of the bikini battle armour bingo you've got going on, though.
@Nicke Looks nice; would be cool if we could see it in action. :) Is it meant to be light filtering through the cave ceiling?

I've been learning Ruby and I managed to script myself a new window for my game's menu. Very exciting! Basically, it's a scene that shows you the controls for the game, nothing too flash.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L I like the idea of a fantasy-oriented visual novel. Not a fan of the bikini battle armour bingo you've got going on, though.
Yeah, actually the archer's curviness actually play into her character, where most people have only considered her as someone with curveous breasts. That's why she wants to become a soldier to show that a woman can be more than just her body. The silver haired woman uses the charms when trying to get what she wants, so she's intentionally dressed in revealing way.

Bikini battle armour bingo made me giggle though. :D

I promise next screenshot will be a woman in modest costume.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nevermind.

Last edited:

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@A-Moonless-Night: Yes, it is supposed to be the beam from the sun thats entering the cave. Yeah it looks a bit better when you see it in action. :)

Anyways, I have a new testing that I feel like showing. Working on a lava based dungeon at the moment but having a bit of a problem with the tint/brightness. Hopefully I will find a good value for it soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Streaming now, maybe it will work this time!
Part of me is really missin' the good 'ol days of RM '95... goodness just seems like such simpler times
Just got two Switch E-Shop 20$ gift cards... Is 3D All-Stars worth it? Or should I get something like Celeste? I'd love to know your opinion!
I’m looking at the MZ full body images and I think Priscilla is taller than Reid...
Ami
--- Music Selection ---

M.Archer: It's Music Station,You can Change the Music as you like.
F.Healer: i want to hear the Romantic Music.
M.Fighter: Then,i want the Hard-Rock one!
(the Troll Song has played)
M.Archer: Hey,i hear this Music.
F.Healer: It's popular from Internet Music,i wonder who change it?
Hero: I change it.
Entire Party: YOU????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexanD4