Russian, English

Download: https://dk-plugins.ru/mv/menu/game-modes/

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be possible to have a tutorial (or something along those lines) on how to create a game mode? I tried to create one, but no matter what I tried the name always came up as "undefined". Everything else works perfectly fine.
I also followed the instructions for installing DKTools.
First I tried setting it up as Locale: Mode 01 (a test name, to see how everything worked) and Data left blank. Name came up as undefined. Then I tried setting both fields to "Mode 01", same result. Then I tried setting Locale as "m1" and Data as "Mode 01". Same result.
I'm genuinely confused.

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be possible to have a tutorial (or something along those lines) on how to create a game mode? I tried to create one, but no matter what I tried the name always came up as "undefined". Everything else works perfectly fine.
I also followed the instructions for installing DKTools.
First I tried setting it up as Locale: Mode 01 (a test name, to see how everything worked) and Data left blank. Name came up as undefined. Then I tried setting both fields to "Mode 01", same result. Then I tried setting Locale as "m1" and Data as "Mode 01". Same result.
I'm genuinely confused.
1. For example, use English language setting in the DKTools plugin:
2017-10-19_12-30-34.png

2. Use the locale (short language name) to adjust the names of game modes:
2017-10-19_12-33-28.png

3. Result:
2017-10-19_12-37-12.png

This setting is made to support multiple languages in the game, but you can use one language.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I see. Thank you!
Would it be possible to put icons in the game mode names? I'm using another plugin that puts icons next to commands, including the "New Game", "Continue Game", and "Options" commands on the title screen, and I think it'd look somewhat odd if the game modes didn't also have icons. I tried to use the \i[x] command in the "Data" section, but that just puts the text "\i[x]" into the name.

Last edited:
Reactions: DK

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 1.1:
Added support for text special symbols, like icons (\I[ID])
Added support for DKTools Globals and other similar plugins

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 1.3:
Compatibility with DKTools Localization plugin
Compatibility with DKTools 6.0+

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated plugins, added the names back, and tried to playtest. The game started up, but as soon as I selected "new game", this error popped up.
At first I thought it was because I had \i[x] in the names, but removing those didn't make the error go away.

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated plugins, added the names back, and tried to playtest. The game started up, but as soon as I selected "new game", this error popped up.
At first I thought it was because I had \i[x] in the names, but removing those didn't make the error go away.
Try version 1.31

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems to be working now. However, adding the \i[x] to the names makes it so both icons are placed next to the first game mode, and they're all on top of each other.

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems to be working now. However, adding the \i[x] to the names makes it so both icons are placed next to the first game mode, and they're all on top of each other.
Sorry. Try version 1.32 :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, that's working now, thank you.
Another question, is there any possibility of changing the size of the modes window? I have four options on the main screen (new game, load game, credits, and options), and it seems that the modes window copied this size. Problem is, I only have two game modes, and it looks weird having two options on a four-line window.
I tried using SRD's SuperToolsEngine, but it couldn't pick up on the game mode window (i.e., it acted like the window wasn't there).

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, that's working now, thank you.
Another question, is there any possibility of changing the size of the modes window? I have four options on the main screen (new game, load game, credits, and options), and it seems that the modes window copied this size. Problem is, I only have two game modes, and it looks weird having two options on a four-line window.
I tried using SRD's SuperToolsEngine, but it couldn't pick up on the game mode window (i.e., it acted like the window wasn't there).
Open the plugin file through the editor and on line 277 (const height = this._commandWindow.height) replace with const height = 108;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lagune