Game not preserving event location after a move route and save/load or leaving/returning to map

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I've done enough testing on this one to throw in the towel and seek help!

Each of my events that move to a different location, will revert to the original location after a save/load.

Just to be specific, if an event is at 14,12, and via movement route it moves to 8,5, after I save the game and reload it, that event will be back at 14,12.

The event is not initialized -- all the self switches are preserved.

At first I thought this was an issue with Yanfly's Move Core, since I had been making use of his "move to" script call. But now I'm noticing it's affecting every single one of my events that move.

I'm totally baffled and looking for some leads. If it's of use, I'm still on version 1.4.1 (for some annoying reasons). If this is a known bug that's been fixed in later versions, that's fine and I'll need to deal with that, but if not, I'm stumped!

Thanks all for your help! :LZSsmile:

EDIT: Not sure how I didn't notice this before now, but this appears to be a basic functionality issue I'm missing -- the events are reverting after leaving and re-entering the map!

This feels like one of those issues that's been asked and re-asked a billion times and I've just missed it -- if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!

Are you using an event location save script? As far as I'm aware, MV doesn't remember event locations after changing maps or loading a save file without forcing it to do so via a script.

Yanfly had such a script, came out way back when MV was new, but I don't know where to find it anymore since their wiki seems to be broken.

Here's the video for it at any rate:

That would allow you to have an event move and for their current location, rather than their default map location, to be remembered.

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!

Are you using an event location save script? As far as I'm aware, MV doesn't remember event locations after changing maps or loading a save file without forcing it to do so via a script.

Yanfly had such a script, came out way back when MV was new, but I don't know where to find it anymore since their wiki seems to be broken.

Here's the video for it at any rate:

That would allow you to have an event move, and for their current location, rather than their default map location, to be remembered.

Man oh man, I've been at this for years now, and it's amazing that basic stuff like this still eludes me. Thank you! Please mark as closed.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alteria