Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game Over
(Beta maze escape)

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
  • The Maze Master is one of the greatest game masters in the world. Player X is the greatest player. Can you help Player X escape from The Maze Master's tricky dungeon with traps that lead to instant GAME OVER?
  • Talk to a horse? open that chest? Lose and The Maze Master rubs it in. You have 15 Minutes to Escape.
  • Note: This is my first game, so please don't hold back if it sucks.
  • Report any bugs, or issues that may come up.
  • Be careful where you click it could lead to Game Over.
  • Find something to unlock the door to victory!
  • use to the vending machine to buy spells, potions, and weapons!
  • use memory and process of elimination to find the right path.
  • Save often!!
  • Do you like puzzles and trick questions? Are you smart enough to see through the Maze Master's deception?

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
Five small maps to navigate!
Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (10).pngScreenshot (13).png

DOWNLOAD LINK
Game Over Download

Last edited by a moderator:

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I took a look at your game and here is what I thought.
  • In the intro you spelt “strenht” wrong. *“strength”
  • I would go the game and proofread the dialogue. Try putting it through https://sentencecheckup.com/ to get the general mistakes out
  • Having treasure boxes that trigger Game Overs are kind of cheap, even if the title of the game is “Game Over”.
  • If you want to stick with the Game Over chest idea add a small subtle detail that players can eventually figure out so they don’t have to be wary whenever they open a chest, same can be said about the Game Over tiles.
  • I would suggest using SumRndmDde’s Timer Upgrade plugin so when you are initiating any form of dialogue it can pause the timer until you are done with the exchange
  • In that portal room you could turn on the “Stepping” and “Direction Fix” options for the portal events so it can make them look more lively. Also set them on “Below the character” option for those events as well.
  • You also misspelt “Ocr”. *”Orc”
  • When you find weapons or armor tell the player the name of that item just to let them know what they found.
  • You could increase the price of the potions and mana potions so when you find the large lump sum of money the money has some value. Alternatively, you could not give the player as much money.
  • When you use the books in the menu make it consume the item so it doesn’t stay in your menu.
  • The Fire spell is too expensive compared to the other spells and it doesn’t do that much more damage to warrant its price
  • Since you are going to be saving so often in this game you could create a Common Event that opens the save screen when you hit the “page up” button. You would do this through a Conditional Branch
  • The Maze Master was way too easy once I got most of the equipment
I was also wondering if it wasn't too much trouble you wouldn't mind taking a look at my game: https://rpgmaker.net/games/11486/

Mazemaster89

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks man that was a great review.. it was a practice game. Seeing what I could do without watching a YouTube Tutorial step by step. I’ve noticed Orc was spell wrong in testing but would get sidetracked with new idea and theories that may come up. The idea was to have the player worry about every thing you click as the the maze master is the greatest troll lol. Yes I will check your game out!! Going back and taking note of those plugins you suggested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue, Episode 12: Amneron's Legacy starts now! Watch on Youtube and join the chat as we explore the world of Ellis!
Lost track of a huge brazilian wandering spider inside my house. In other news, I'm moving again.

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.
rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brenadjnendad