alphawiz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've started having an issue with my game. An autorun event at the beginning of the game that sets all the initial variables, states, and kicks off the starting dialog has all of a sudden started throwing the "Game Over" screen in the middle of its execution. No errors are being thrown...at least no obvious ones.

I'm unable to bring up the Debug console since Show Text boxes etc are being shown the whole time.

I've been thru all the stuff and there's no stray "Game Over" calls and I haven't added any additional plugins.

Is there anything built into RMMV that would cause this to occur? Has anybody else ever encountered this?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If all your party members are dead then it would throw a game over. The dead state is state #1. Make sure you didn't change that state to something else and are giving that to all your party members.

Nephilium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It would be nice to see your events on the intro map. Also, have you tried disabling all of the plugins to make sure the Game Over isn't coming from a plugin setting somewhere?

alphawiz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If all your party members are dead then it would throw a game over. The dead state is state #1. Make sure you didn't change that state to something else and are giving that to all your party members.
I think that's it. I wasn't aware that State #1 was hard coded as dead. I had it changed to something quite the opposite of dead.

Thanks!

alphawiz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Galv Yep...that fixed it! Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...
rux
Someone please help me make my game.
I need someone to volunteer, I am on my knees man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandini503