90% of the time, my code works 100% of the time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi all!

I've noticed that if I defocus or tab out of the game the whole thing pauses.
Is there a way to stop it pausing the game when it is defocussed?
Ideally I'd like everything to keep going as normal, as though the game had focus.

Thanks!

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is a script by KK20 called Prevent Deactivation

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So in short you want your game to ignore windows? The point of the windows OS is for the game or program to pause when you are not on it, so the only true way to make it ignore it is not let the player move away from it, which can cause other problems (CTRL + ALT + DEL may not work for instance, so if your game locks up they will have to do a hard restart of the computer now).

Also anti-viruses may have a field day with a program doing that too.

Either way this will require a script, and that script will have to essentially say to the OS you can't do your job anymore my program is taking full priority.

I've moved this thread to GSSx Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Either way this will require a script, and that script will have to essentially say to the OS you can't do your job anymore my program is taking full priority.
Yes the script I mentioned works well. I've had no problems with it locking up so I can't speak of that except to say that I had had the game lock up from time to time as I make changes, but I was always able to click the close button with my mouse, I just haven't tested it in full screen, otherwise there have not been any issues. Moving in and out of the game screen has not been a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whypzk