Game recommendations

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by HentaiPie, Apr 21, 2019.

1. HentaiPie

HentaiPie Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've gotten to the point where I can't find any good games anymore, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations? I'm a social gamer, so I'm looking for anything multiplayer or where I can play with others :D

2. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The Monster Hunter series is always a good multiplayer game series since it encourages teamwork rather than competition, but that is just me.

3. HentaiPie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried monster hunter worlds and it was alright. I'll have to look into some others, thanks for the recommendation :D

4. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, the older entries are actually very different from World. My personal preference is Generations Ultimate on Switch/Generations on 3DS. Actually 3 Ultimate was the last time MH was on a home console until World's release.

HentaiPie likes this.
  5. HentaiPie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll look up GU on the switch then. Haven't touched it in a while so it'll be nice to dust it off for a new game :D

6. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Banner Saga series is awesome. Also Hollow Knight or Ori and the Blind Forest if you like platformers.

HentaiPie likes this.
  7. SepulcherGeist

SepulcherGeist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Multiplayer eh? I take it non-traditional multiplayer since you're on this site, so you're probably not looking for Halos and Fortnites.
    Here are some more obscure games my friends and I love to play with major RPG elements:

Conan Exiles
    Stardew Valley
    Elite Dangerous (my personal favorite video game of all time)
    Sea of Thieves
    Black Desert Online

I have a Youtube channel where I post videos (guides, funny moments, et cetera) of myself and my friends playing these, but I'm not sure if linking to my channel on this forum would be couth. But a hint: it's the same as my user name here.

8. mathmaster74

mathmaster74 just...John Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Best MMORPG for developers imo is Neverwinter. Free to play. Get to level 15 and you unlock "The Foundry" and can make your own quests! Great for level design. Downsides: HUGE amount of memory needed. The Foundry has gone down on occasion...at least once for over a year, I believe.

9. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If you'ever ever played and enjoyed the Elder Scrolls series, the MMO is doing pretty hot right now, and I find that game to be exceedingly fun to play. Once you buy the base game, you don't need to pay a monthly subscription to play (although, doing the monthly thing does give you a few perks, but it is in no way pay-2-win or required). The game also just released it's newest expansion added a ton of new content and a brand new class to play, so it's a perfect time to jump right in with everybody else.

10. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would recommend anything in the "Earth Defense Force" line of games. They're shlocky little arcade type shooters you can play with friends and just generally have a blast with. Some of the later versions have "classes" you can play as, with distinct roles. They're also good if you have phobias of things like spiders. The giant spiders are detailed enough to freak you out, but after shooting them for several hours... you uh... are no longer bothered too much by them.

"Stellaris" is another good game to play on PC with friends. I'm not sure if it has a "hot seat" mode or not, but it's a "create a galactic civilization" type game with a lot of sci fi tropes and shout-outs all over the place. It's also got enough content that it's unlikely you'll see it all until 5+ games or more. Especially with all the expansions.

"Factorio" is another good one to play online with friends. Though, admittedly, you gotta jump through a lot of hoops to play multiplayer. What I ended up doing with a friend was assigning him all the "combat" stuff in the game, while I did all the "factory" stuff. We installed a mod that gave us resources from killing the local wildlife (to give my friend a purpose in the game, and make him feel like he was contributing). So, he set up a "military base" within my factory and I ended up shoving off resources to end up in his base as finished products he could use. He would then shove all the resources he gathered into another assembly line that would feed back into my factory. Once he got pretty good at combat, I started issuing "factory resources" to him so that he could build and defend "transport lines" for other resources. I also eventually built him his own private "train line" for similar use. Once he figured out how to work a train line on his own, he built his own to bring me resources and to have the resources also brought to him at "forward bases". I spent the game climbing the tech tree and solving normal factory problems, and he spent the game running around, killing stuff, building bases, and securing land/resources for the main factory. It was an extremely fun little operation.

"Stardew Valley" is a great game to play with friends. You can work together to all do different things on the farm and make a lot of money. With the same friend as above, I tended to all the crops and managing the money while he did all the combat and fishing. He did get frustrated with me as I am very tight with the purse strings, but otherwise, the game has worked out fairly well for us. We're looking forward to the future update where we have separate pots of money, but share the same farm and resources.

"Dead By Daylight". Want to be scared? With friends? It's a great game. It's 1 killer against 4 survivors. Survivors need to power generators and then the exit doors and run out the doors to win. The killer needs to kill most of you to win. As a survivor, you can do little more than evade or slow down the killer. Stealth, outsmarting the player who is the killer, and proper use of communication and time, is how you'll win as a survivor. You unlock levels and perks, and can play as a lot of different survivors... Or, if you end up playing solo at some point, you can try your hand at playing as the Killer. It's a lot of fun to play with friends, especially as you work together. Though, the Killers can still manage to "jump scare" you if you're not paying much attention. I really only ever play this with my friends.

Short list of stuff I'm playing and enjoying. Give 'em each a shot. You may like 'em.

Windows i7 likes this.
  11. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair on Steam is especially good. It has 95% positive feedback for a good reason. The game is hilarious and very satisfying to play alone or otherwise.

Note that the game is not related to the other game called Earth Defense Force which is a SNES side-scroller game (I have it in fact).

12. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Xbox Live gave me two of the games for "free". EDF: Insect Armageddon, which is okay, but cliffhangers and has only a few stages... so it's kind of dull. The other one it gave me was "EDF: 2017", which was amazing, but it is only "local cooperative" and can't be played online with friends. I ended up buying "EDF: 2025", which I think is the original version of 4.1. I did put 4.1 on my Steam Wishlist. :D I'm hoping when I've got a little money set aside, or it goes on deep discount again, I can pick it up.

The series itself is just good cathartic fun. Endless explosions and silliness and ragdoll physics. Lots of fun to play with friends. Plus, a halfway decent story that is super GrimDark.

13. DonaldAlien3

DonaldAlien3 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You should try PUBG mobile. very good game and players