Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One phrase. Fantabulonormously amawesing.

Stanley

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Leanne Yes, aha. Daahhh, how long has it been since the last time I was, we were, so soooo excited about and impressed by an RPG Maker project? :kaojoy:
I hope this project sees the light of the day in the industry because IT DESERVES IT!:kaopride:

Leanne

Nyan Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Stanley Today marks that day~! :kaopride: XD <---Currently and excitedly downloading the demo. (*q*)
@ElieTaping You're welcome~! (^u^) Keep up the good work~! I know this game will do great in the future, once finished. :) And "we" shall be waiting, watching, supporting. *_*)b

And I never knew VX Ace had this much power. :o I'm an MV user and haven't tinkered with my VX Ace. XD

Stanley

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ElieTaping The honour should be mine:kaohi::kaoluv:Are there more features and perks? Really love the attention to details your team is giving to this game.:kaohi:
@Leanne Yes, today is THE DAY! :kaojoy:Aha yes, Ace. The only real RPG Maker options for anyone who's interested to use this soft series to me are Ace and MV. But enough about that, aha. I especially love the mutliple myths they're bringing together, the battlers and Lear's choreography AANNND THEM DELICIOUS FOOD, NOW I NEED TO TAKE ANOTHER DINNER:kaojoy::kaoswt2:

ElieTaping

Zzz... Sleep Sleep Sleep~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Stanley Yes there will be more features amd perks that are on the stage of development at this moment. I will post updates on that in here regularly, so you can look forward to that! :kaojoy:

@Leanne If you can visualize what you want, it's quite possible to almost do anything with vx ace :D

Stanley

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ElieTaping Yay! Looking forward to them. I'll download this demo tomorrow, and I will be very fair and honest with my review of the alpha demo. Right now...I need to hit the sack and dream about Elysia:kaoluv::kaojoy:

Orb

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Downloading! Will edit as soon as I finish the demo. It's really nice to see legitimately good games like this in which you can see all the effort and professionalism that's been put into. Just by the screenshots and the characters' designs this whole project got me engaged

1st edit: d'oh man... RPGVXace RTP required to run the game? :/ how can I fix this?

Last edited:

Leanne

Nyan Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ElieTaping I played your demo yesterday~! (*O*) But I'm not yet done playing it. XD I will go very detailed with it 'coz I really LOVED your game. (*///^///*) <3
Launcher: There's some black lines that needs thickening, thining and erasing. But it's beautiful~! (*q*) I loved the idea of launcher and how you created it.
LAUNCHER.png
Beta Key: I loved this idea, too. XD I just hope that, once you've entered the key, it won't ask again the second time of running the app. But, that's just minor. Whether this is changed or not, it's fine. (*u<)b
Title Screen: I loved how blue and relaxing it is. All those particle effects, it's magical. :kaojoy:Those characters, they're so pretty and handsome. So anime-ish~! (>//q//<)<--- Fangirling. XD I'm wondering if you would add any BGM here? XD It would be awesome if there is~! (*q*)l
It would be nice too, if the commands have color differentiation. For example, the Continue command: At first run, I thought there was already a saved game. I got used to other games that grays out the continue or load command when there's no saved file. It's just an opinion and, you can scratch this opinion out, too. XD I do understand though, that since in your game, pressing continue will direct you to the saved files even though there's none, yet, it's fine.
Intro: Major spelling, grammar and punctuation check. Since it's an intro, it's emphasized and the first one to leave an impact on the player. :)
1.png
2.png
Conversation:
Minor spelling, grammar and punctuation check. XD I'm not sure if you would like me to go into details here, but if I could help in anyway, I will~! *^*)> I love the images of your characters on the message screen, too. It gives of a pastel-like vibe. The colors aren't too strong or contrasting which is relaxing to the eyes. :)
Tiles: Minor passability fixes. I do think you did parallax maps. (O^O) It's beautiful~! The lighting, the ambiance along with the music~!
In this image below, Lear looks like his standing on top of the sofa. I'm kinda curious about the square-like traces on the wall.
Tile.jpg
On this image below, whenever I ran to that area, it's obvious to the player that there's an invisible wall blocking the way. XD Maybe, an "Above Character" or "Below Character" or tinkering on the 4-Direction passability? (*^*)
Tile 2.jpg
There are other maps like that such as below that library, the back area of the chairs, and on the hallway, the player can't go near the plants on the wall on the south side ("Above Character" passabilty would help). I'll check if I can show a video of this. XD
Tile 3.jpg
Transfer Events: After just getting out of a room, I would always get re-transferred to that previous room when I don't want to. I can't explain it very well, but I hope the picture below could explain it better. XD
Transfer Event.jpg Transfer Event 2.jpg
Menu: Moghunter~! \(*O*)/ It's pretty~! Very neat yet artistic. :kaoluv:
Though, in the description part, I think you could move the words a little. There's lotsa noticeable space.
Description.jpg
"Bind" here sounds like he is "forced". Committed is a better word 'coz as a family, love do wonders such as obligating one's self to help a member in need, like in Lear's case, his sister. With commitment comes determination. :)
Status.jpg
GUI and Font:
I love your designs. It's clean, it's readable, the colors match and compliment each other. Even the cursor or command SFX are nice.
Worldmap: I love how simplistic and to-the-point your worldmap is.
Loading Screen: The blinking chibi character in your loading screen is cute~! d(>u<)b Keep it, keep it~! \(*O*)/
Pop-up Icon: I love how you made it easy to remind players to interact with objects or events using the pop-up icon. It makes the player not waste time into idle searching.
Music: I must say I really love it! :kaoluv:So relaxing, so soothing. (=q=) I could listen to it again and again. BGM, BGS, ME, SE, all of them fits the game~! From the simple quirkiness, to the realistic sound of a lively town to the serious tone of the dungeons~! :kaojoy:It really brings color to your game. Nice sound choices. ;)
Battle: Wow. XD It's ATB. As in, it's really active, the monsters react right away. I guess, reading the skills beforehand saved me there. :') <---Not good with quick-acting battles. I hope there's an option to do an Active or Wait mode. (This is not a must, though. XD) Also, the encounter rate is high. XD I think I just had 10 steps there and bam, enemies. After a few more steps, bam again. XD It's really a must to have lotsa potions and to grind 'coz the monsters are indeed resilient. It takes time to beat 'em. :kaomad3: XD Like, 4-5 turns using only Moon Skills (Level 10 Lear). :')
Save Point: It tells me that it saved the game, it even recorded it, but, when you quit the app, open it and continue, there is no saved file. :kaocry:

Attachments

• Tile.jpg
    Tile.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

ElieTaping

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Leanne Oh boy that is a long review! It even says part 1! Thank you dear, I will have the team keep this to heart!
Thank you so much for taking this much time in doing so! :kaojoy:

Leanne

Nyan Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ElieTaping I haven't finished playing it so, I will make sure to have a part 2 review. >:3
XD
Though, I want to report the game-saving bug. :kaocry:I already leveled-up in my previous play. And, bam. No saved file. T^T
So, to anyone playing the demo, you have to play it continuously. XD Turning it off will remove the saved file.

Stanley

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Downloading! Will edit as soon as I finish the demo. It's really nice to see legitimately good games like this in which you can see all the effort and professionalism that's been put into. Just by the screenshots and the characters' designs this whole project got me engaged

1st edit: d'oh man... RPGVXace RTP required to run the game? :/ how can I fix this?
Go to RMWeb homepage and download the RTP(Run Time Package) for Ace there

Last edited:

Orb

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Go to RMWeb homepage and download the RTP(Run Time Package) for Ace there

Thank you very much for responding, now I'm able to play :)

Ok, so far I'm just in love with the graphics (as expected). The mapping is better than I thought, the team has made a great work there! (this includes the characters' designs). I won't talk too much about the good things for now cuz I haven't finished it, but overall this seems like the epiphany of a masterpiece.

I haven't finished the cave dungeon, but I'd like to point out a couple of things I've noticed thus far. (without repeting what @Leanne has said already), as well as some personal comments:

1. One thing that (in my personal opinion and to my personal taste) doesn't match with the whole artistic concept of the game is the logo. The font is ok, but the shapes in the background look a bit odd, like if it were made with one of those cheap effects in photoshop. A more opaque figure would fit way better, but anyway, this is just a matter of personal taste. It's not bad, but it feels like the logo doesn't represent the game itself (artistically speaking).
  2. The explanation pictures (such as the commands and the INN thing) will show up even if I'm moving around the map, which is a bit weird. When showing these pictures the player shouldn't be able to move at all. Also, you could add a little "z" at the bottom so the player knows that, to close such a picture, they have to press Z, and not X, as X opens the main menu.
  3. Is there any way to make the screen a bit smaller? As it is right now it looks too pixelated, and I'd like to play it with a 1:1 rate.:kaoslp:
  4. You should add a little tutorial to explain the battle system in-game
  5. The battle system is very dynamic... maybe too much: When Lear's bar is complete and I'm able to make my move, one would expect that the enemies' bars would stop until you finish your turn. Instead, the enemies can still play, attack, and have multiple turns while you decide what to do. This is quite exasperating because I can't even read the description of my abilities without being attacked 6 times in a row.:kaocry:
  6. Speaking of which, I think the first groups of monsters are way too powerful. Think about this: I'm a brand new player who's getting use to the commands, and getting to know the map. I'm starting my very first adventure in the forest and BANG! 3 freaking wolves out of nowhere. This is not necessarily hard, but is extremely frustrating having to take 5 herbs per battle because the groups I have to face deal too much damage. Remember, these are the FIRST monsters the player will encounter, give'em a chance to enjoy the battle system at least before worrying about buying millions of herbs and healing every 4 turns, otherwise it is not enjoyable:kaophew:. Then, in the dungeon you face wisps that break you apart, and the folder itself has a note with some advices such as "buy lots of herbs, reach level 15 in the forest"; so, I'm just starting the game and I already have to level up my way to the first dungeon? that's quite over-the-top. Many RPGM devs feel proud because their games take "50 hours to complete", when out of those 50 hours, at least 35 are just leveling up with monsters, and there is a point (ESPECIALLY at the very beginning of the game) that it gets boring very fast.
  7. Also, the likelihood of getting attacked while walking through the map is very high. Every 3 steps I have to start a fight and that affects the flow of the adventure.
  8. There are some idiomatic things than can be improved. For example in the first dialogue between Lear and Li'Shung they use many "tons of", you could replace those expressions with other quantifiers such as "many" or "lots of" so you don't have to repeat the same term in the same dialogue. Other than that, I didn't notice grammar or spelling mistakes (that I remember).
  9. The way villagers and NPCs in general walk is strange. They walk one square, and then wait like 2 seconds to keep moving forward. Maybe if you set the frequency so they always move but with very low speed, that way might look smoother and natural.
  10. There is no "Game Over" screen yet, but I guess it will be added whatsoever :rwink:

Keep it up! The game looks gorgeous and I think way more people should try it out asap cuz they're missing a truly good game:wink:

Last edited:

ElieTaping

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Orb Hi thank you so much for the review! For now, I'll answer a few of the feuds you pointed out in your review.

1. We will add the option in battle asap! You will be prompted at the very beginning of the game to choose from these 2 options. The "Wait Mode" which is self explanatory, and the "Zen Mode" which is currently in the Alpha test.

2. We'll also have a tutorial prepared for the users right away, currently only 1 person has been doing all of this(literally) that's probably why it has a lot of drawbacks as the previous users pointed out.

3. You can resize the game by pressing F5/F6.

The other feuds, I will relay it to the guy(Lead Developer) who has been doing everything xD It's a bit of a shame to say but I couldn't help the guy at all except for talking a lot about how I want this and that.

ElieTaping

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Download has been updated!

Features added:
Difficulty Setting - We took the liberty of adding this one so that users of all kind won't have any problems with the game's default difficulty.

Battle Mode Setting - I thought it was only 2 but there are actually 3 settings! First is the WAIT Mode which is kind of self explanatory then the second one is JOG Mode the semi-active mode, and lastly the ZEN Mode is the mode where everything is active and doesn't wait for anyone.

The dev fixed a few stuff too.

[EDIT]
Download is now available once again! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, the artwork and the gameplay are pretty neat.
Might play it in the future ^^

Leanne

Nyan Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By the way, I'd like to ask if you're the same person who made Revenant Gods.:kaojoy:
I've been waiting for that game for a while now but it looks like it isn't updated for some time now. XD
So I thought from Revenant Gods you've transferred your project to Celestial Faith. :kaopride:
Am still thankful someone is making a game of this caliber.
And I've finally finished your demo~! \(*O*)/
I can see it selling in the future~! *_*)b

Last edited:

LostFonDrive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Man, that character artwork is insane. Some of the best designs I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone going to talk about Chris Pratt Mario?
My friend just gave me chocolate milk at lunch today! My day is now 1000x better. Yay, choco milky!! :kaojoy:
RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeuslord11