watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo Hahaha, no I'm not planning to make an adult game anytime soon. Oh I have nothing against them, but currently I don't have a good idea for one. And since I can't draw, I'll have to pay for art, which won't happen if I don't think the game will be profitable.

I am actually asking this question for general games, not adult games. And physical intimacy is only part of it, I'm more interested in the emotional part.

For me, as a straight man, it is different if it's not my type. If the romantic interest is not a woman, I can get into it storywise, but not emotionally. Let me explain. Like, when I play FF, I totally fall in love with Aerith or Tifa. But if it's reversed, and say would I love Cloud. I can admire him. I can honestly say he's a handsome guy. I can say he is awesome in every way, but I can't...fall for him. There's just no primal urge.

When I read a well written female character having a romance with a guy, in say YA romance novels targeted at teen girls, I find it interesting in that it shows me perspectives that I would never imagine. Like wow, so that's what girls are thinking about in these situations. It's interesting in that you're learning about something new, but my heart won't race, my face won't blush, and I won't dream about the guy.

I think games are great in that they allow us to roleplay a different gender with a different orientation. For a moment, it allows us to experience without societal pressures, more so than books, a bit what it might be like to be that gender and orientation.

It also gives me an insight in that if say tomorrow society dictates that I must marry a gender I can't fall for, I can see how I can admire this person, even be best friends with this person, but I can't ever fall for this person.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@watermark, ok. That is true. You wanted what your heart wants.
Are you interesting on social roles? Persona 4 is a great game for that type of execution.

That is true about targeted type of players. That is why we have different type of games. That is true if people who do not like the concept or feeling they will not play it.

I do that too, but we can please everyone. Stay true to yourself. I hope you a good day.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I've found one with extraordinary good animations in it but it was a free game about dating Colonel Sanders from PFK. Altought it was about getting to learn how to cook story... ergh ishhh.

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I usually go gay, regardless of gender, though I'm a sucker for wholesome romances and tsunderes.
EDIT: Or if there are weird options, like Cthulhu, The Grim Reaper, etc. haha Always going for them.

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And physical intimacy is only part of it, I'm more interested in the emotional part.
There is one thing I want to add with this specifically in mind :

What I loathe even more then being me and having to date someone I am not interested in (see my previous post) is when there is a (in my case) gay option in the game but its extremely censored compared to the straight versions.

I mean if I play a guy and i get to see boob's and ass in a straight relation I expect to see the same level of visual when in a gay option if its there.
If its not it feels slappe on cause the devs wants to gain some karma points but didnt put any effort in it.
(same when girl-girl etc).

Basically IF you put eye-candy in there (lets face it thats what it is when it gets physical lol) AND yyou include same sex relarions then for the love of... DONT go all out on one and censor the other options.!

And thats it for my little rant xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tauron7