Game Scene Stabilizer - Version 6.0.0

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by chaucer, Jan 14, 2018.

1. AdamSakuru

AdamSakuru StudioDaeera Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @chaucer

Just tried the newest version out as I would like to make use of this in my project. So far, so good. But there's a visual thing that happens and I was wondering if there was something that could possibly be done about it.

Is there a way to remove the black "flash" that happens when you use an instant teleport (Without a white or black fade). My game makes use of tons of these instances because it's computer themed and I have scenes that are framed in images throughout transitions as a framing device.

See the attached image to see what I mean. The first image is the player in front of an exit that leads to the world map. The world map is framed inside of a 'window' (picture event command) that comes up in the second image while the screen in the window fades black before the player actually teleports to the map scene. The third image is the player now on the map scene. Between the second and third image, when the actual 'teleport' happens, the black 'flash' is a bit visually jarring as it can be seen over the images already up on the screen. So when map window image comes up, it appears to flash black and it makes my framing device of the window image less seamless as a result.

Edit:
    I tested out instant teleports with no fading on a fresh map with an event that didn't use any picture commands and the black 'flash' still occurs. I understand this has something to do with the new scene loading, I'm just wondering if there's something I can do about this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  2. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New version is up ^^ this should fix any visual glitching when changing to scene map, I've found a more valid solution to handle scene map, hopefully this should resolve most of the issues. I've also attempted to fix the crash related to using this plugin on mobile, as well as in canvas mode( I'm not sure if the fix worked in mobile, as I didn't make an apk, however I believe the error coming from the same source as the issue with canvas mode after looking at the Pixi source code ).

● Version : 4.2.0
    ● Date : 24/10/2018
    ★ Added a more stable way to handle scene map.
    ✩ No longer attempts to upload textures without a source.

If anyone finds any other issues please don't hesitate to let me know. :)

Edit :
    @AdamSakuru sorry I missed your post, ^^; I double checked this, and updated the plugin, I forgot to check if the player was changing map without fade. The problem you were encountering should now be resolved.

● Version : 4.2.1
    ● Date : 24/10/2018
    ✩ fade no longer happens if transfering map without fade.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Archeia, EseQueL, AdamSakuru and 2 others like this.
  3. EseQueL

EseQueL Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm not so sure if I'm doing this right. I'm using mv 1.6.1 and your latest update and I don't see any adjustable parameters in the plugin, does it automatically load all stuffs?

also how's the proper way to preload multiple files, is it...
    <preload>
    animation : Holy2, StateDown3, StateUp2
    system : Weapons3
    </preload>

or...
    <preload>
    animation : Holy2
    animation : StateDown3
    animation : StateUp2
    </preload>

or...
    <preload>
    animation: "Holy2", "StateDown3", "StateUp2"
    system : "Weapons3"
    </preload>

I don't know if it's working, I even tried...
    <preload>
    asdasd: asdasdasdrfg
    </preload>
    ...to see if it causes error, but it doesn't o.0

Sorry. The instructions are not so clear for me @.@

EDIT: alright. I figured out how to use it... the proper way is,
    <preload>
    animation : Holy2
    animation : StateDown3
    animation : StateUp2
    </preload>
    I still suggest updating the instructions though, maybe give example.

EDIT2: Custom preloading system doesn't work. It's trying to load from sv_enemies folder rather than the system folder.
    adding sv_enemies doesn't work as well. Error says "cannot set property 'y' of undefined.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  4. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My apoligies brother, ^^; I'll be sure to update the help file when I get a chance,I'm not the best when it comes to writing instructions lol.

Also I will look into these issues asap as well. hopefully it shouldn't take too long, thanks for letting me know.

TheTitan99, EseQueL and AdamSakuru like this.
  5. AdamSakuru

AdamSakuru StudioDaeera Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @chaucer
    I was going to report another bug that I came across, but this is no longer the case. However I felt I should share my findings with people in this thread as I haven't seen this issue come up yet.

If you're using YEP's Save Core (V1.4 or lower) this plugin will not allow it to load your save files and keeps you on a loading screen. I tried updating to the latest version of Save Core and this fixed the issue.

So basically update Save Core if it's not letting you load save files.

6. kako05

kako05 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Australian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way to load all picture folder at once?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  7. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It doesn't load my animations properly, many of my spells have no animations playing at all. Tried putting the preload into map properties and didn't help.

8. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the feedback guys ^^ sorry for not responding sooner, Version 4.2.3 is up. :D

@AdamSakuru glad to see you found a resolution to the issue, also it'd be good to note that this plugin should definitely go below all other plugins, there shouldn't be much compatibility issues, however this should for the most part resolve nearly any conflict.

@kako05 I apologize but at the moment I don't see it possible to preload the entire folder without manually specifying each individual image manually, I'm unaware of any way to read the contents of a folder in javascript, without integrating another language.

@EseQueL Thanks for the feedback friend :) I've taken your advice and did a bit of rewording, as well as added an example into the help file, so I hope this should help make things clearer, I've also fixed the error reguarding loading images from the system folder, as well as from the enemies folder, I also realized I was forcing the game to preload from the SV enemies folder, even when the game wasn't in SV mode. I've patched this issue as well.

@Tuomo L I'm unsure if the new version of the plugin will resolve the issue your having with animations not playing, as I haven't had this issue on my end :( if you could give it a try and see if this resolves it that'd be great. If the issue still persists could you please send me a small project with the issue present? I've tried testing the animations in battle, as well as preloading them through note tags via map, as well as not preloading them at all, and all scenarios the animations seem to execute properly.

● Version : 4.2.3
    ● Date : 06/11/2018
    ✩ Fixed a bug which prevented the game from loading non sv enemies.
    ✩ Fixed a bug where images from system folder could not be loaded.
    ✩ added example to documentation on preloading images.
    ✩ Fixed a bug where sv_enemies could not be loaded.
    ✩ removed some useless code from an older version.
    ✩ minor alterations to preload cache handling.

EseQueL likes this.
  9. wjsrudtn001

wjsrudtn001 Villager Member

I am also experiencing a similar problem with you in version 4.2.1.
    In my case, there is no animation of the skill that is used first in combat when fighting the enemy. This appears in both Actors and Battlers.

If this is a problem caused by a plug-in crash,
    Can you tell me the list of plug-ins you are using for the game?
    Through cross-validation with my game
    You may be able to find the name of the plug-in that is causing the problem.

10. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @wjsrudtn001 and @Tuomo L this issue still exists in 4.2.3? If so I'm not able to replicate this. :/ if possible could either of you pm me a small project where this issue replicable, I'd greatly appreciate the help. :)

11. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's in literally every project that I've made with stabilizer on. Turning it off brings back the animations. It's not for every animation, just some very specific and it changes game to game when it's not RTP.

12. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I apologize @Tuomo L I was unable to replicate this issue, however, I do have some good news, I've managed to make another quick update to the engine, with lots of improvements, I've drastically optimized, and cleaned up the entire plugin, I am also 90% positive this new build will not interfere with your animations playing from now on. On top of that, I've also went ahead and re-added audio preloading, this time with the ability to preload custom audio, not just the map and battle audio, you can also preload sound effects, and music effects. I've also made a new way to load animations, just incase, for whatever reason some requires it, you can now preload ALL animations from the database with this new version, instead of having to preload one or two at a time. The last new thing that I've added is the ability to load specific folders! for example, if you want to load the entire contents of the battlebacks1 folder, you can now do so!

Hopefully this new version fixes all the issues previously mentioned, I can't be 100% sure on the animations, but I am fairly certain it should be resolved at this point. If you should find any issues, just let me know and I'll do my best to resolve them when I can. ^^

● Version : 5.0.0
    ★ Code has been cleaned & optimized.
    ★ Ability to load ALL animations has been added.
    ★ Added capability to load an entire folder.
    ★ Re-added audio caching.

13. TenTranVN

TenTranVN Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    nice plugin

chaucer likes this.
  14. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian! Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This plugin is awesome! Resolved my audio problems when I entered and exited to a map.
    I saw that you updated the plugin for version 5.0, but I still have to update the helpfile of it!

And also, I'm having a problem with the Menu.
    Every time I close the menu, "Now loading" appears.
    I think this happens because the plugin function is used for every scene transition? If so, would it be possible to disable this plugin functionality in the case of the menu scene?
    [​IMG]

[EDIT] I have manage to "fix" the issue because i was also using the preloadercore from SRD. So i preload all things that menu uses with him, then it works ok.
    Thank you!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    chaucer likes this.
  15. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Eliaquim yeah, It was a bit rushed, the help file definitely needs an update ^^; as not everything is quite accurate, particularly, about preloading stuff in battles, it wasn't accurate in 4.X.X either, I'll get around to fixing it asap, and have a small update when I manage to do so.

As for the "Now loading", does this happen everytime you close the menu, or just the first time? I can probably manage a way to make the transition from menu to map faster, I've got an idea in mind, I'll need to play around with it a bit, I should, hopefully have it ready by the time I get around to updating the help file.

Eliaquim likes this.
  16. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian! Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Take your time, i have no rush :)
    But yes, everytime i close the menu the problem happens not only in the first time. Even if i'am in the same map or other map.

17. wjsrudtn001

Fixed a bug where plugins were updated to version 5.0.0 and the first time the animations were not displayed!
    Also, the loading time was longer when switching maps than in 4.2.3, but the transition was much smoother and more natural.

With this update, the game has become much more comfortable in every way,
    I feel that the optimization is greatly improved.
    The only problem is that loading time is long when you close the menu.

18. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @wjsrudtn001 Wait, you're saying that animations still aren't displaying sometimes in 5.0.0? Well that's unfortunate, hopefully I can find a way to fully manage to resolve this, I thought for sure this would resolve the issue, as I've completely removed anything that ties specifically into the Sprite_Animation class. If you can find a solid way to replicate this problem, please let me know, till then I'll keep testing when I can. As for the reason that transitions take longer, may partly be due to the audio preloader, by default, audio from maps/battles are automatically preloaded, that way theres no delay between when the map starts, and when the audio starts playing, at least that was the intention. It may also be the new method for checking the amount of latency that occurs during the scene transitions.

Also, I've written a quick patch to resolve the issue with loading times when exiting the menu/battle. I've also taken some time to update the help file.

● Version : 5.1.0
    ★ Loading time from menu to map transition has been improved.
    ★ Loading time from battle to map transition has been improved.
    ✩ Fixed the help file so that uploading assets is explained properly.
    ✩ Fixed a bug that prevented uploading custom files with the "preload" tag.

"At this moment, you are only able to preload assets on maps, and in battles,
    you can do so by adding the following to an maps note box, or on an actors
    note box, or an enemy note box

<preload>
    KIND : TYPE
    </preload>
    ..."

" EXAMPLE :
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    details : placing a note tag similar to the one below in a maps note box,
    will preload the assets requested when the player enters a map. If you
    place a note tag like the one below on an actor or enemy however, the
    requested assets will be loaded when the player enters a battle while said
    actors/enemies are participants in the battle

preload
    <preload>
    animation : 5
    animation : all
    parallax : example1
    picture : exampleA
    picture : exampleB
    folder : img/characters/
    </preload>
    "

19. wjsrudtn001

@chaucer
    The translation quality of Google Translator is still not good. :(

I mean, in version 5.0.0, a bug that does not show animated stripes has been fixed.

20. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the menu issue in rpgmaker , if because `dev` made it from new scenes.
    So when your call menu, it same like if you do:
    1: save current map scene
    2: render a bitmap screen of the current scene
    3: purge current map scene GC
    4: load current menu scene
    5: render menue scene

In most game, the menu are already preCache in the memory.
    In my projet, the menue are preloaded one time at boot, and when player call menue, it just pause the current scene map and rendered menu already cache in gpu.
    Destroy and call a new scene constructor each time your call menu are little bit a Japanese strange weird coding !.

So i dont think your can make this faster in the current code structure for now.
    Or your need change the way rpgmaker call and manage scenes.

take a look on my mindmap engine, you can see a shortcut between loader and scene package.
    This can help people to get inspired by another good way to preload scene.

Core Engine Scenes WorkFlow.png

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    Eliaquim and chaucer like this.