Game Scene Stabilizer - Version 6.0.0

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by chaucer, Jan 14, 2018.

1. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Preloading works the same way it has. You just can't preload an entire folder with android/ios. :)

<preload>
    animation : 5 ( works with android/ios )
    animation : all ( works with android/ios )
    parallax : example1 ( works with android/ios )
    picture : exampleA ( works with android/ios )
    picture : exampleB ( works with android/ios )
    folder : img/characters/ ( does not work with android/ios )
    custom: img/custom_folder/ customImage ( works with android/ios )
    </preload>

TenTranVN likes this.
  2. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update the plugin, found a bug that causes game to crash when trying to load a folder.

● Version : 5.4.2
    ● Date : 06/11/2018
    ✩ Fixed "extensionType" undefined error.

Eliaquim likes this.
  3. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian! Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @chaucer !
    I was reading your instructions in the plugin, and i have some doubts... Sorry if I'm being too dumb... xD
    [​IMG]
    I have to put just like that? Or can i eliminate the first word "preload" ?

Code:
    "preload"
    <preload>
    stuff
    <preload>

And i have to put:

1 - "custom: type" (":" no space after the custom)
    or
    "custom : type" (":" with space after the custom)

2 - "custom_folder/ imagename" (With a space after the "custom_folder/")
    or
    "custom_folder/imagename" (without the space)

3 - Have to put the extension in the image filename?

4 - i have to put that space for the stuff in between the preloads:
    <preload>
    KIND : TYPE
    </preload>

or

<preload>
    KIND : TYPE
    </preload>

Here a example of what i did. See if this is right:

Code:
    <preload>
    custom : img/layers/Debug1
    </preload>

4. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ahh sorry about that, the "preload" above "<preload>" is definitely a typo is not necessary I'll fix that on the next version. ^^;

As for your other questions.
    1. Space or no space, it will work fine, this doesn't matter as any excess white space is ignored.
    2. Yes there has to be a space between the folder, and the image so "img/picutres/ my_picture" is correct, and "img/pictures/my_picture" will not work.
    3. No, do not add the extension just "img/picutres/ my_picture" is how it works.
    4. No space is required, it's really up to you you could do "custom:img/layers/ Debug1" or "custom: img/layers/ Debug1: or "custom : img/layers/ Debug1" the only important space, is the space between "img/layers/" and "Debug1" the space between "custom" and ":" doesn't affect anything, nor does the space between ":" and "img/layers/".
    Sorry for the messy help file I'll try to tidy it up a bit more soon. ^^

5. Bilalichwa

Bilalichwa Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    how to preload all audio ? like SE or BGM...

<preload>
    audio: all
    </preload>

its that correct ?

6. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Bilachwa I apologize for the delay, preloading al audio is currently not an option, I could add this in on the next update, which will hopefully be soon, however it won't work for adroid/ios exported games. I've still got a few other things I want to implement as well, maybe this next coming weekend. :)

7. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry for not being able to update the plugin sooner @Bilalichwa I've been crazy busy, but I added your request to the plugin! On top of that I also realized when the player preloaded skill animations, it was only preloading the graphics! So I decided to fix that while I messing with the plugin, i decided to fix that, all audio files associated with animations will now be preloaded when the animation is preloaded. I also got a request for a commission recently, asking about video preloading, which I totally realized I forgot to add to this plugin! So I decided to add that in as well. :D If you should find any issues with the plugin, don't hesitate to let me know, and I'll do my best to patch them when I get a chance. :)

● Version : 5.5.0
    ● Date : 06/11/2018
    ★ Preloading animations now also preloads all associated sound effects.
    ★ Added the ability to load entire audio folders.
    ★ Added support for pre-loading videos.
    ✩ Fixed error when testing events through database.

Eliaquim, bazrat and TenTranVN like this.
  8. Eliaquim

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Chaucer!
    I'm doing a plugin where I copied the Scene_Status and Window_Status and made a new scene and window from them. I just changed the names.
    I can open them, but when I close the scene, the "Loading" bar appears.
    In previous versions of your plugin, this problem happened with the normal menu. Now it does not happen anymore, though it's happening with my new menu.
    Like before:
    How can I solve this?
    If there is anything I can change in the code, please tell me I'll take a look.

9. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Eliaquim, Thanks for the headsup brother ^^a few questions, how is this menu being accessed, is it being accessed through the main menu itself, or through a script call/plugin command directly from the map? Also does the current map you're in have any preload tags on it?

Eliaquim likes this.
  10. Eliaquim

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi!
    I'm not using notetag in the map. I tested in a map there are nothing. Only the player and a bgm attached in the map config.
    The scene is called through a script call and inside plugins code to. Mad either way the problem still occur!

11. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll look into this issue asap, I should hopefully be able to make time for it this weekend ^^; sorry for the problem brother, I'm just trying to get any info that may help me replicate the problem.

Eliaquim likes this.
  12. Eliaquim

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thats ok! No problem. You know, you are doing a favor for me. Your plugin is already great!
    I am the one that must thank you ^^

chaucer likes this.
  13. Summer夏

Summer夏 Villager Member

First Language:
    中文
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'G_playVideo' of undefined"
    Hello, does this warning matter? Why does it happen?

14. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Summer夏 This error should not appear, by chance did you attempt to make any changes to this plugin? if so you may have changed something on line 452, or you may have modified the plugins title itself, however if you did not make any changes to the plugin, may I ask what version of rpg maker mv you're using? I've tested this with 1.4.0 + and it works fine however, I have not tested with anything lower than that. If you didn't modify the plugin, and you're within version 1.4.0, I may need to ask you for a demo of your current project, as this error does not occur for me in any projects I've used it in. :x

15. Summer夏

Summer夏 Villager Member

First Language:
    中文
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am using version 1.62, I just translate the help and title of the plugin into the language I need, probably the error caused by this reason.

16. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, the plugin description should not be altered, specifically what's wrapped in "|" besides being an aeshetical design, this also helps the plugin identify itself, if you plan on translating the plugin, I'd highly recommend not altering everything inside of "|", as this is core to the plugin running, if any of this is altered, the plugin will cease to function. If you're still insistant on changing this part of the plugin, please see line 452 of the plugin,and modify the text there to match what you put in the plugins description.

Edit: please note this is a regular expression statement, so if you're not familiar, I'd recommend just leaving whats inside the marks alone :x my apologies for the inconvenience, the only thing that it's checking for, is the plugins name, and the plugins version. Everything else can be altered without any issues.

17. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ● Version : 5.5.1
    ● Date : 05/05/2018
    ✩ Behind the scenes stuff.
    ✩ Updated help file.

the behind the scenes stuff is mostly me restructuring the way I write plugins, and matching my current plugin to match it, on that same note, I also managed to tweak how things work a little to hopefully give some significant reductions to load times when loading scenes that have already been loaded into memory.

Also I finally updated the help file! haha, it only took me like 6 months to do it T__T

18. TenTranVN

TenTranVN Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have 1 question ?
    - As far as I know, this plugin will clean the memory when opening the menu, so it's really not good to work with the image / audio preloaders at the beginning of the game. Because if the DK TOOL or plugin preloads all images in the titles section, when I open the menu, will it disable preloader plugin ?

19. chaucer

chaucer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @TenTranVN, this plugin does have a feature to clean memory, however, it does NOT clean memory unless you specify for it to do so, if you look in the plugin, there is a single parameter called "Auto Cache Clear", the reason I left this as a parameter is for exactly the reason you're asking about. If this feature is enabled, it will clear all images/audio from memory every time the scene is changed. which means, that any images loaded through any other preloader, will be cleared as well. By default however, this is disabled, meaning that memory is NOT cleared, so there's no need worry about this UNLESS you enable this feature.

If you want to have control over the memory, but don't want to lose certain preloaded plugins, that was why I created manual plugin commands to clear specific files/folders from memory. I hope this answers your question brother. :) Perhaps when I get back, I'll add a new plugin command where you ca specify files to remain in memory when using the "Auto Cache Clear" feature.

Sincerely Chaucer.~

bazrat, Eliaquim and TenTranVN like this.
  20. Eliaquim

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey @chaucer just for you to know, but i think you not updated the link in the post with the version 5.5.1 :)