chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kako05 I've updated the plugin to version 6.0.0, basically, I've taken a few things into consideration to improve the performance when transitioning between scenes( especially menu's ), so hopefully this should fix whatever issue was there before, I didn't have time to test compatability with Galv's preloader, so I can't say for sure if it's a compatability. :(

Also @AdamSakuru The problem you were encountering was due to the cacheLimit from mv 1.6.0, by default, there should be a plugin that comes with every new game you create called something like "Community Basic", this plugin comes with a feature to let you set the maximum cache size.

However I realized not everyone uses this plugin, so I've built my own cacheLimit modifier built into the plugin :) I've also added another plugin parameter to outright disable the cache limit value( which I wouldn't recommend too much, however the option now exists! ). Either of these new features should work to resolve the issue you were having, however 6.0.0, was well... honestly a bit rushed ^^; and the thing is I went through the entire plugin and nearly rewrote large chunks of it to improve performance, loading times, as well as readability of the code, so 6.0.0 may be a little unstable, however during what time I had to test it it seemed pretty solid, however If any bugs should arise, I may not be able to resolve them as quickly as I'd like, so for that reason I've left 5.5.1( I know it still says 5.5.0 in the plugin itself sorry T__T ), available for download as well!

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is in ver 5.5
the 6.0 fine
but there are another problem
the auto clear cache option when activate it's go eror 0 of undefine
-------------
Hi
Does any one had the bug that if set auto play BGM the scene is not load
only if I activate this plugin
Thank you

Last edited:

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
@chaucer Hi, there are some errors in 6.0.0 version of plugin.

Tested in new clean project, no other plugins. Errors apears on game start.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the 6.0.0 is unstable yet. I've tried that too, preload videos inside map notes, and doesn't work. It gives errors too.
So it's best to stay with 5.5.1. It works fine, my game uses it(in my signature), and I don't see any issue with that.

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I apologize for the errors guys, my times extremely limited lately :( I apologize, but I'll try to have this fixed asap. Thanks for the headsup. ^^;
6.0.0 not working in my project

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same problem with Version 6, at startup.

Also, for some reason, the Gold icon doesn't appear on the Menu screen when you have this plugin (v5) enabled with YEP_CoreEngine.

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I expect version 6.0.0 to be fixed early

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the long delay guys ^^' I'd been pretty busy lately, as well as really sick, but I've got an update for you!

● Version : 7.0.0
● Date : 01/21/2020

★ Refactored entire plugin.
★ Auto preload functionality added.
✩ Dropped support for preloading videos( temporarily ).
✩ Dropped support for preloading via note tags( it's no unnecessary ).
✩ Dropped support cacheLimit alteration( for now ).

Version 7.0.0 is now up, please bare in mind this plugin was solely developed for rpg maker mv 1.6.0+, if you're using a any rpg maker mv version lower than this I highly advise sticking to 5.1.1.

From the list provided this may seem like a small update, but it's quite a huge upgrade!

First off, you no longer need to manually preload files, this plugin is now virtually plug & play! Just slap in the plugin and give your game a play through, the first time a file is loaded on the fly, it will be cached into memory, and from that point on, the file will always be loaded when that specific scene/map/troop encounter, occurs. This works for both playtests, as well as deployed games!

If you have assets that are always needed, it's possible through the plugin manager, any assets specified in "Manual Preloaded Files" will never be cleared from memory!

You can also now specify assets that are loaded for virtually any scene through the plugin manager.
Specify these assets in the "Scene Specific Files", this is useful if you have specific assets that need to be loaded for custom menu's or if you have a map HUD, so that the hud files aren't cached for each individual map.

This version has been thoroughly tested and even has been used in a game I recently published as a test run, and so far seems very stable, as always if you have any issues, with the plugin please don't hesitate to let me know I'll be more than happy to fix any bugs/compatability issues within my capabilities. :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
link say 7.00 but js file says 6.00, not updated teh helpfile and its update there and or name?
or is it 7.00 but forgot the changes on the file names? kinda confusing.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Odd I could have sworn I updated the link too.. it's updated now though. :) sorry bout that.

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good job !!!!,
I've been looking forward to it all the time

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Loving the feedback here, definitely going to try this one out! Thank you :)

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit:

After encoding .rmmv, does it still load assets?

Last edited:

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried this plugin and I'm getting an odd problem. The game doesn't start, gets black screen and when I go to the console I get these:

file:///D:/Documents/Games/Project/data/ImageCache.json Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
file:///D:/Documents/Games/Project/data/AudioCache.json Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

No idea what's making it happen.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Creative Ed

What operating system are you on?
Is it on a deployed game or non-deployed?
What mv version are you using?

The plugin should make both of these files as soon as it's booted up.

@TenTranVN Yes the files will still still be loaded even when the game is encrypted :)

Last edited:

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried this plugin and I'm getting an odd problem. The game doesn't start, gets black screen and when I go to the console I get these:

file:///D:/Documents/Games/Project/data/ImageCache.json Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
file:///D:/Documents/Games/Project/data/AudioCache.json Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

No idea what's making it happen.
I get a similar error!, but everything still works

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Creative Ed

What operating system are you on?
Is it on a deployed game or non-deployed?
What mv version are you using?

The plugin should make both of these files as soon as it's booted up.

@TenTranVN Yes the files will still still be loaded even when the game is encrypted :)

I'm working on Windows 10. Non-deployed game. I'm using RMMV 1.5.1.

I tested a bit and got the source of the black screen. I went and turned all of my plugins off and there was no black screen anymore. The game proceeded normally. However the errors still appear on the console. So it seems those files aren't being created on boot up.
1.png

Then I proceeded to turn on and off my plugins to find out which one was causing the black screen. I after a few minutes I found which one was doing it. It's SFonts by Victor Sant.

Hope this helps out!
I hope to be able to use this plugin in the future, so I'm looking forward to see what's causing this issue.

Attachments

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Creative Ed I apoligize, but this plugin was untested on 1.5.X, version 7.0.0 is designed specifically for MV 1.6.0+, so I can't garuntee full functionality with any mv version lower, however, I will try to find some time to debug 1.5.X and lower. Also, are you saying that there's a compatability with Victory Sfonts and this plugin? Or was the error solely from his plugin, sorry I was a bit confused on whether the black screen was caused by a compatability issue, or not. ^^; If It's a compatability issue, I'll try to patch it when I get a chance, just let me know.

As for the error logged it's not a fatal error, however I went ahead and patched it anyways, this should not occur anymore.

● Version : 7.0.1
● Date : 01/25/2020

✩ Fixed Error in loading non existant cache file.

Also did a little bit of cleanup, but nothing major.

Note : the downloaded file name will still state "Chau_SceneStabilizer v-7.0.0.js".

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ok, I see. I hadn't realised that. It would be great if you could!
Yes, it's a compatibility issue with Victor's SFonts, it gave no issues before.

Ok, thanks!
Any insight on why the error was happening? Is it important for the plugin to work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

• Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
    Village theme I composed for a commission!
    Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
    welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
    Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Livmi