game seems dim

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to open up the test of my game, and for some reason, the game looks dimmer than usual.
However when I try to screen shot it, it looks fine for the picture.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
two possibilities that I can think off:

1) you have added a screen tint somewhere, either through the event function or through a windows setting

2) optical illusion based on the surrounding, for example the same game (in a window) will appear differently if played on a dark desktop background as opposed to a light background to be seen around the window frame of the playtest.

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tint is visibly different between the screenshot and the game when compared side to side to me.
Like night and day.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then it looks like you have a tint active and the screenshot copied the picture data directly without the tint.
how did you do the screenshot?

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then it looks like you have a tint active and the screenshot copied the picture data directly without the tint.
how did you do the screenshot?
I used the snipping tool app on my PC

Edit: I have found the issue and fixed it.
I had the "Play HDR Games" option turned on my display setting for my PC and when turning it off, it returned to normal.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Based on this screenshot alone, which one would you sell, and which to equip?
Some random sketch-letons.

I have a strong urge to make a tutorial video of all the random things I've learned since starting on my game. little helpful tips and stuff that may help people.
Do you guys think it's better to have all members in your team from the beginning (then you can pick who battles) or you gain team members as the story goes?
PL: Patch polonizujący do RPG Makera 2003 prawie gotowy! Mamy przetłumaczoną bazę danych (projekt), polskie fonty, wiadomości walki i jakieś 90% edytora.
Do przetłumacznia pozostało te 10% edytora i plik pomocy. Niedługo więcej informacji!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anime_Weeb