game seems dim

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to open up the test of my game, and for some reason, the game looks dimmer than usual.
However when I try to screen shot it, it looks fine for the picture.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
two possibilities that I can think off:

1) you have added a screen tint somewhere, either through the event function or through a windows setting

2) optical illusion based on the surrounding, for example the same game (in a window) will appear differently if played on a dark desktop background as opposed to a light background to be seen around the window frame of the playtest.

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tint is visibly different between the screenshot and the game when compared side to side to me.
Like night and day.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then it looks like you have a tint active and the screenshot copied the picture data directly without the tint.
how did you do the screenshot?

tsurugikage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then it looks like you have a tint active and the screenshot copied the picture data directly without the tint.
how did you do the screenshot?
I used the snipping tool app on my PC

Edit: I have found the issue and fixed it.
I had the "Play HDR Games" option turned on my display setting for my PC and when turning it off, it returned to normal.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Someone did a playthrough of my game. :D

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeicass