BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I finally just got my Xbox build to work (actually, I did it before only to find that it wasn't exactly playable), however I have now come across another problem. Technically this is a deployment matter, however because there may be a possible script solution I decided at the last minute to ask about it here before anything else; so if it fits the other more then go ahead and move it.

Anyway, the final pressing issue is the speed of the game process. With the Yanfly code for framerate sync now in place I can actually play the game properly, but there's still a small bit of slowdown that needs to be resolved (and this is the entire game, not just one animation unless you count the video clips that serve for the title screen, certain VFX and cutscenes etc. which are their own separate thing). With this in mind, I was wondering if there's any code I can add to either the plugin or the core scripts to better optimize the performance compared to NW.JS (since I'm obviously using WinJS for this because of the UWP container).

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well since it has to do more with deployment issues than coding, I'll move this thread.

Moved to RPG Maker MV Deployment

So if I'm understanding correctly you're having issues with deploying an MV game to XBox, correct? The performance hit can be due to many things, so it is really hard to say. The XBox has enough raw power to run about any MV game, so I would assume the issue is with the wrapping of the MV game in another engine/software that allowed you to export it to XBox.

Please note that this community can only help you with issues surrounding the RPG Maker Engines, and if this is an issue with any other external third party software/engine that you used to export to XBox we can't help you.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I'm asking about is possible modifications to calculations for game animations, movement, text etc. for optimization purposes which could theoretically be applied to any given platform (particularly in large map zones). Also, I have just noticed that having Visual Studio connected at the same time is what may have been responsible for my initial problem when I first tested for Xbox, and seeing that I don't actually need to have Visual Studio connected at this point (as the game is already copied over and I can playtest as normal) I can check for any issues that are specific to the MV code without having to worry about the Xbox debug process.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well tell us if closing Visual Studio makes any differences.

As for MV's performance, MV is already quite well optimized by default. Perhaps you have third party plugins that are not well optimized. Also, big maps will have an impact on performance, and there's nothing you can really do about it except making them smaller (events that aren't on screen aren't update iirc, except parallels and auto, so it's well optimized).

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's what I said: after Visual Studio is disconnected it runs good, otherwise it runs like ****. Also, there are a bunch of maps where I really can't downsize for a multitude of reasons (plot requirements, world zones etc.)

At any rate, I just decided on a workaround that involves Yanfly's framerate sync limiter, a text-speed modifier and some edits to the core scripts that control the dash function so that you're always in dash mode when on the Xbox version (and without any regard for the active map configuration, so that I don't have to mod the maps every time I compile for specific platforms). All that's left are a couple of input button changes that are probably better off in another discussion (as the rest is probably better suited for a StackOverflow request).

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BreakerZero So can I consider this thread as solved and close it? Or is there anything else you want to add to this particular thread?

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Almost. I think I have one more question that I may be able to check on here as I can't yet figure out what to do for it to work in the proper scope, even when this is normally reliant upon outside assistance. Specifically I need someone to help in adapting the controller inputs so that:
  1. The B button doesn't trigger history backtracking which obviously ends the game,
  2. The start button doesn't ask for permission to disconnect the controller, and
  3. The app doesn't start in mouse mode which is the default behavior.
While these are technically fixes that run outside of the average MV development scope because of the nature of the game targeting, they are still required to have proper functionality and I can't figure anything out that can properly interface with the MV code even with outside references. (Obviously I can provide links to the relevant information and materials in case it helps, along with more proper direction if required.)

EDIT: Descriptive information fail. I have changed it out for a more palatable alternative.

EDIT 2: I just hit on a possible alternative which adapts Chromium to .NET (it's called CefSharp) and will probably get to work on making that my target if I can resolve a generic script error that shows up while using this method.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I usually don't enjoy survival games, but I absolutely love Conan Exiles.
Basically Everyone: Dont make a long game the first time. Me: I guess i'll make a REALLY long game in that case >:p
I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nktn18