Game speeds up when Z is held.

SableSugar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Cross-posting this from the MV community on Steam -

For some unfathomable reason, my project speeds up to about 1.5x its normal speed when the Z key is held down for a certain amount of time. This does not happen when the player is in control, only when control has been taken from them by move routes. The FPS itself still stays around 60, but my parallaxes, characters, and events begin animating/moving faster. 

For example, the first level of the game has a moving platform that carries the player across a gap using Set Move Route. Holding Z while doing this causes (after about a second) the entire game, other events and parallaxes included, to speed up.

I can provide my project files if you would like to play around with them hands-on.
Someone else said it happens to them as well:

Hm, I just tested it myself on my own game, the characters do seem to speed up all of a sudden. I'm going to look further into this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does it also happen if you press the space key or the enter key at that time?

Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe it's something intended? I mean, certainly would be useful when you are trapped in a cutscene and you are bored.

SableSugar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was thinking the same thing - at the very least, I would imagine it can be disabled through scripts though (too bad I know almost no JS)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Z, space and enter keys are the "okay" keys. Strange that a move route reacts to them - is that what you're saying? If you do a Set Move Route on the player, they will speed up if the player holds down any of those keys, but go at normal speed if they don't? It's also been reported that if you use the mouse to click on a tile, the player walks there much faster than if you use the arrow keys. I suspect the two are not related though, as one is during a move route and one is not.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's caused by the Scene_Map.prototype.isFastForward function. Pretty much it will double update Scene Map ( which double updates all the events and characters making them appear to be moving 2x speed ) if you're holding down the "enter" key while a event is running.

I'm a bit lazy to do the fix, but pretty sure all you need to do is override that method to always return false.

SableSugar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
That seems to have done the trick! Thank you very much :> 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the graveyard area I'm currently working on for another small project! (This is actually an RPG and not a puzzle game for once)
In the strangest turn of events, my animations now live in the characters folder, and my character images now live in the pictures folder. It's a complicated world, but weirdly a more resource efficient one. :LZSexcite:
Did you know that we use robotic spy animals to learn about how different species behave in the wild? We're only a step away from robotic spy humans, and then Terminator. :p
Not being able to do a commission/request after all and having to give back the money is so heartbreaking.

Sometimes I'm just way too eager to help people out and suddenly find myself in a very deep hole because I'm not gonna be able to finish it. I really hope I don't come across as unprofessional to these people and in general. =n="

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefiendbruh