Skovaj

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello rpg maker community that's my first post in this forum,
so I've been developping this new game using rpg maker mv for a few weeks and I made a cutscene that transfers you to a new map, but the problem is when the actor transfers to the new map at the end of the cutscene, the game stop working, I get no error and all but I can't move the character, I can't turn him, I can't even open the menu, And the autorun events don't Trigger. Here's my plugin list with the following order:
-Madewithmv
-YEP_CoreEngine
-YEP_BattleEngineCore
-YEP_WeaponAnimation
-BindTopic
-YEP_RegionRestrictions
-YEP_X-ActSeqPack1
-YEP_X-ActSeqPack2
-YEP_X-ActSeqPack3
-Community_Basic
-YEP_QuestJournal
-YEP_EventMiniLabel
-YEP_MessageCore

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

You're certain there are no autorun events you've forgotten about, because this is exactly what it sounds like. What happens if you create a new map with no events on it and transfer to that map?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get no error and all but I can't move the character, I can't turn him, I can't even open the menu, And the autorun events don't Trigger
that description is the usual affect of an autorun that is still active without doing anything.

So you need to show us your events and follow all traces of where autorun events are, because most likely this has nothing to do with plugins.
There are several ways how that could have happened, if you don't find the active autorun yourself you need to show us screenshots of the cutscene first and we begin to check there.

Skovaj

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're certain there are no autorun events you've forgotten about, because this is exactly what it sounds like. What happens if you create a new map with no events on it and transfer to that map?
that description is the usual affect of an autorun that is still active without doing anything.

So you need to show us your events and follow all traces of where autorun events are, because most likely this has nothing to do with plugins.
There are several ways how that could have happened, if you don't find the active autorun yourself you need to show us screenshots of the cutscene first and we begin to check there.
Yes I had one autorun event and when I disabled it it worked, but I don't understand how it affected the game in anyway because it had only one line "Change Party Member : Remove Skovaj" (skovaj is an actor)
Thank you for your help

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Autorun go until you tell them to stop. You didn't put something in there to make it stop.

The typical way to do it (only?) is to turn on a self-switch at the end of that page's commands. So, for example, after you change the party member, turn on Self-Switch A. Create a second page with no graphic and no commands and the Trigger set to Action Button. Put the Condition of Self-Switch A. That way, when the page changing the party member turns on the self switch, it now goes to the second page, which will do nothing and return control to the player.

Skovaj

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Autorun go until you tell them to stop. You didn't put something in there to make it stop.

The typical way to do it (only?) is to turn on a self-switch at the end of that page's commands. So, for example, after you change the party member, turn on Self-Switch A. Create a second page with no graphic and no commands and the Trigger set to Action Button. Put the Condition of Self-Switch A. That way, when the page changing the party member turns on the self switch, it now goes to the second page, which will do nothing and return control to the player.
YEEEES IT FINALLY WORKED I DID PUT A SELFWITCH!! thank youu :kaojoy::kaoluv:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been able to solidify a cohesive plot so dropped out of a game jam but, on a fun note, I pre-ordered MZ today! :LZSwink:
So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.
Finding it amusing that people are posting support questions in new threads for an engine that isn't even released yet. Touch and Archeia are the only ones authorised to say anything, and there's only one active thread where they'll be answering questions.
I think my goal for MZ ... is to actually release a game and not have twenty technical demos and debugging projects. Let's see if I can manage that. ;o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mazzotti_