Game stuck in "Now Loading..." screen when i try to test it. (RMMV)

Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw another thread talking about this same problem but it didn't really help me out. I decided to stop trying to solve it by myself and look for some help. Basically, my problem is that when I try to test my game in the RMMV editor it wont load, but instead will get stuck in the "Now Loading" screen. I tried disabling plugins and it didn't work. This may be a very easy to fix problem but I'm a newbie and I seriously have no idea what i should do.

Thanks in advance, sorry if my english is bad.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you playtested it by playtest button in RM? Check the files, maybe some files you are using is missing.

Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, i used the playtest button and the battle testing one, both don't work. Is there a fast way of checking if a file is missing or do i have to manually go through all my folders?

Edit: Why is there a text above my reply that reads "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors"? Is that normal? Should i wait until it gets approved? I'm so confused, this is my first time in this forum.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you playtested it by playtest button in RM? Check the files, maybe some files you are using is missing.
Yes, i used the playtest button and the battle testing one, both don't work. Is there a fast way of checking if a file is missing or do i have to manually go through all my folders?

Had to rewrite this because my original reply is been waiting for moderator approval for 90 minutes by now. This is my first time in this forum so I don't know if that's a normal thing that happens when you reply or if i did something wrong, i'm so confused.

HarlekinLehl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Usually it throws out an error message after a bit. My experience with "now loading" is either you load up way more stuff than you probably should or there's some file missing or some code wrong.
Without any further information, all you can do is pretty much standard debugging. Check plugin order, check files, check code, check plugin parameters and so on.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is typically because the game is waiting for a resource to load, usually a missing font. I suggest you link to the thread you say "didn't help", so we can avoid repeating advice you've already tried. :kaohi:

Ideas:
  1. Does this happen in a new project?

2. Check your current project's fonts folder. You can open your project folder by choosing Game -> Open Project from the editor's menu bar. By default there are two files in this folder:
    • gamefont.css
    • mplus-1m-regular.ttf
    If the .ttf file is missing or renamed then the game will hang forever trying to load it (unless you've made the appropriate changes to the game's font references).

Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Usually it throws out an error message after a bit. My experience with "now loading" is either you load up way more stuff than you probably should or there's some file missing or some code wrong.
Without any further information, all you can do is pretty much standard debugging. Check plugin order, check files, check code, check plugin parameters and so on.

Thanks, i'll try this stuff.

This is typically because the game is waiting for a resource to load, usually a missing font. I suggest you link to the thread you say "didn't help", so we can avoid repeating advice you've already tried. :kaohi:

Ideas:
  1. Does this happen in a new project?

2. Check your current project's fontsfolder. You can open your project folder by choosing Game -> Open Project from the editor's menu bar. By default there are two files in this folder:
    • gamefont.css
    • mplus-1m-regular.ttf
    If the .ttf file is missing or renamed then the game will hang forever trying to load it (unless you've made the appropriate changes to the game's font references).

Here's the thread: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/now-loading-stuck.120549/

From that post i tried this solutions:

- Getting rid of spaces in names of files and folders.

- Moving game folder to "something like c:\projects\project1"

Oooookaaay...

While i was writing this i followed your advice and went checking the fonts folder.

First time i checked i didn't see any issue, the name of the font file was written correctly in "gamefont.css".

At least that was what i tought then, cause when checking a third time i realized that the name of the font in "gamefont.css" was simply written as "fontname" instead of "fotnname.ttf".

I fixed it, then went to test my game and it worked perfectly.

Anyways, it was a very dumb error as i suspected, thanks a lot to everyone who helped me with ideas for solutions to my problem :)))))))).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.
Time to take a little break from the project to work on another for Skyrim. Shouldn't take too long, as it's just fulfilling an easy to do request(more than likely I'll get beaten to the punch but...) this also gives me an excuse to play Skyrim again LOL.
Dawg.gifKhat.gif
I made two new friends today. I'm not sure which style I like the best..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro123