Game Updater

AntonioXander

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Antonio
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I tried using SRD's Auto Patch. Problem with it is I use a lot of Yanfly's plugins and from what I've seen, SRD's Auto Patch isn't very friendly with them. I've looked into other auto patch methods and it seems that Steam is another one, except I'm in no position to currently put it up on Steam, nor do I feel like paying the $100 fee associated with doing so.

Is there another plugin out there that functions like SRD's Auto Patch, will I have to keep manually updating to give to my testers or will I need to pay that Steam fee in order to keep them from losing their saved data?

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I looked around a bit and I wasn't able to find any other Auto-Patch type of plugins. The same question was asked a while back with no success.

I'm not even sure that Steam would allow your players to keep playing their save files (without eventual errors) if you make changes to, for example, events that turn Switches ON which are necessary to progress, or the position of equipment in your database. I think that it simply updates your game data the same way that a player (who knows that you updated your game) would download the game and move over their save files. Maybe someone who has released and patched games on Steam could clarify this for you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that functions like SRD's Auto Patch
It would help if you state what functions you're interested in, because as said above there are problems that no autoupdater can solve. Which is the reason why they are uncommon.

Tails

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey i had the same thing happen to me but there is a ez fix just add this file as a plugin

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've discovered Stardew Valley and now I'm an addict. To think that one person designed this...
There a thread out there that tells us the best way to open an RPG that isn't 'the protag gets out of bed'?
Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RK_Zombie