Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just watched this video and still can't stop laughing! It gave me the idea, what if we used this same method to build a comical game around an AI-generated story?

Just imagine the replay value and endless hilarity!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But also the potential boredom! XD

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍/ Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Stopped it. I am trying to balancing the enemies. You know I have thirst for knowledge. Yeah, it is possible to create a funny of absurdity game like Rick and Morty cartoon and video game.

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gstv87 Oh wow, I had no idea that was a thing. Too bad it's a colony construction/management simulator and not an RPG... So I guess imagine Rimworld but in RPG format! By no means would it be a serious game, mostly for bricks & giggles.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍/ Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm, why do you start this thread? Do you interesting in making a comedy game?:kaopride: Just want to know what you are thinking?

Here the random generators of stories. You can explore to.
[It is not new. That is the reason why bot misinformation is a big problem recently. Machine learning can write stories really quickly.] Sorry for be an cynical one about this topic.

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I have no intention of actually making such a game, just throwing the idea out there. Ya know, exploring the feasibility with RPG Maker and such. I'm already busy working on my current project so I'm definitely not going to work on anything else besides that. Maybe someone out there will read this and be inspired to create such an RPG lol. I think to truly take advantage of AI-generated stories, the game should feature replayability with different stories on each playthrough. The tools you linked are great if you're just trying to generate a single story, but I'm talking more about generating the story in-game, under the hood of the engine.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Every randomly generated story I've come across is about the same as every randomly generated dungeon: hot garbage.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Every randomly generated story I've come across is about the same as every randomly generated dungeon: hot garbage.
That's why I mentioned it shouldn't be a serious game. The more outlandish and ridiculous the better, basically like in the video I linked. I mean c'mon... Hagrid the Table?! Rofl, how can you not get a kick out of that? :LZSlol:

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It inspire me more about a party of heroes trapped in the universe of a newbie game designer that can't come with a story on his own...
Something like heroes aware of being in a bad designed game, with blank maps and plots to begin with, wrong dialogues, retcons, bad puzzles, sudden deaths, and probably breaking the 4th wall talking to the maker directly.
Now, a talking table can be something if the maker can't afford the proper King sprite... They REFUSE to land on the genital shaped island... the main menu evolve the more the maker become skilled... new plugins breaking the math and glitching the map until removed and randomly generated dungeons that seems to be broken until fixed...
As for the plot, the maker want to win a newbie competition and everything get "magical" by installing Yangfling Maker Core Plugin and fail, allowing the maker to dialogue with default characters On their turn, they try to help him devise a good game to finally star in a proper JRPG.
Now, that's a thing. Unrelated to what you said, but surely a thing.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dororo Do it! I would totally play that game lol.

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would expose the ai to the internet for a couple of days first, let people talk to it and have it learn from them...Then it can make a game >:p

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@gstv87 Oh wow, I had no idea that was a thing. Too bad it's a colony construction/management simulator and not an RPG... So I guess imagine Rimworld but in RPG format! By no means would it be a serious game, mostly for bricks & giggles.
If you asked for RPG and Rimworld wasn't your thing.
Try to search on Steam "Endless RPG".

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now I totally seem to understand the fears of A.I taking over..

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Imagine if the AI was also responsible for animating a 3D cinematic that matched its absurd writing!!

I'm actually quite impressed by how coherent the dialogue structure is in that video, though, and how good its "memory" about previous lines is. Those are two dimensions on which every chatbot I've seen has failed horribly, and if an AI movie-writer can get those right (or even close), that gives me a lot of hope for future chatbots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like
"Oh, that kid's gonna suck...."
Baby tiger gets a belly rub! ^.^
Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mid_Miester