game won't play? (white screen)

mioisnotreal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have no clue why this is happening, but help would be appreciated.
i saved my project and shut down my pc, a few hours later i open it again and it says "could not read CommonEvents.json", so i replaced it with the same file from one of my deployed versions of my game and thought it was fixed, but i was wrong. whenever i try to playtest the game, it's just a white screen. nothing else. is there any way to fix this or am i screwed?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where is your project saved? Dropbox, OneDrive, Steam Cloud? Did you save and close the game, then shut down straight away? If so, you may have corrupted your files. Do not ever have your working project in any location that does an auto online backup.

When you get the white screen, hit F8 to open developer tools, then go to the Console tab. That will show if there are any error messages.

mioisnotreal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i saved everything to my documents folder (usually takes about 10 seconds) and after 5 minutes of finishing up on other programs i shut my pc down. i've managed to recover about 90% of my work but 2 maps have just vanished :(

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are they in your data folder? If so, make backups of them, then add new maps via the editor. Then close the editor down, replace the new maps added with your backups, and see if you get them back.

mioisnotreal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just done that, the map i wanted to recover was only shadows with no tiles when i recovered everything else but now it's just a completely black screen and my characters are stuck at the top and can't move

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made an RPG Discord bot and it FINALLY got accepted on top.gg and is already trending!! <3
1st of March 2014 I joined and it has been a great experience for 6 whole years. The only thing I can say is a huge thank you to ALL members of this forum.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!
Now irinea just blocked me in discord
Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerKruste