Game_Event Error after scripts

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by ReubenPangYW, Aug 11, 2019.

1. ReubenPangYW

ReubenPangYW Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Help, I installed Himeworks Global Common Events Script, "http://himeworks.com/2013/04/global-common-events/"
    and after removing it, I'm encountering an error with the line 306 of my Game_Event Script which is unchanged and pretty much identical to any new game. TEst.jpg test2.jpg

I absolutely cannot figure out what's going on, having no knowledge of coding. Even when I try and load a test battle, I get an error this time with my Scene_Battle. Could someone please tell me what the problem could be and how to solve it? test3.jpg

The recurring thing is this "undefined update".
    I'm using Rpg maker vx ace.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Did you start a New Game after removing it? If you loaded an existing save file it will have data which assumes the existence of that script. It looks for it, can't find it so throws an error message.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please use Alt+PrintScreen to get screenshots to post. It's awful trying to read those photos.

You may actually need to remove all of your save files because that script had added extra data to the save files, and the default scripts won't know what to do with it. It looks at some of those methods when trying to see if you have a saved game.

4. ReubenPangYW

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for the quick replies, tried starting new game and deleting all old saves but I just get the same "Game_Event line 306: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method "update" for #<Game_Interpreter:0x10968268>" which cuts me off before a new game can even be started.

5. ReubenPangYW

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    After tinkering with applications that spot differences in text comparing my Game scripts to base scripts, it appears ive unknowingly deleted something in the Game Interpreter while removing the Himeworks script, and now everything's back to normal after adding it back. Thanks for the quick replies and help, I feel really dumb now haha.

6. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    For that to happen, you would need to have placed the script inside the actual Game_Interpeter script... That is not an. advisable way of adding new scripts.

New scripts you add should be added as a new entry in the scripts list instead of being added to an existing one, that would practically avoid the problem you just had. That would also allow you to disable the whole script without deleting it.

7. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Check the links in my signature block for how to use a script.
    Also as Shaz said use print screen. Specificaly Alt+PrtScn. Those pictures are horrible.