Game_Stailer94´s Quest System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by game_stailer94, May 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. InBlast

InBlast The Mad Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    French
    2016-07-17T08:18:04.687Z - error: Error from AutoUpdater
    2016-07-17T08:18:04.688Z - error: Message is Suppressed...
    2016-07-17T08:18:04.689Z - error:  Error: Command failed: 4294967295
    System.AggregateException: Une ou plusieurs erreurs se sont produites. ---> System.Exception: Couldn't acquire lock, is another instance running
       � Squirrel.SingleGlobalInstance..ctor(String key, TimeSpan timeOut)
       � Squirrel.UpdateManager.<acquireUpdateLock>b__31_0()
       � System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       � System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    --- Fin de la trace de la pile � partir de l'emplacement pr�c�dent au niveau duquel l'exception a �t� lev�e ---
       � System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       � System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       � Squirrel.UpdateManager.<CheckForUpdate>d__7.MoveNext()
    --- Fin de la trace de la pile � partir de l'emplacement pr�c�dent au niveau duquel l'exception a �t� lev�e ---
       � System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       � Squirrel.Update.Program.<Download>d__7.MoveNext()
       --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
       � System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
       � System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
       � System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
       � Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String[] args)
       � Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String[] args)
       � Squirrel.Update.Program.Main(String[] args)
    ---> (Exception interne #0) System.Exception: Couldn't acquire lock, is another instance running
       � Squirrel.SingleGlobalInstance..ctor(String key, TimeSpan timeOut)
       � Squirrel.UpdateManager.<acquireUpdateLock>b__31_0()
       � System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       � System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
       � Squirrel.UpdateManager.<CheckForUpdate>d__7.MoveNext()
       � Squirrel.Update.Program.<Download>d__7.MoveNext()<---

at AutoUpdater.emitError (C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\auto-updater-win.js:64:29)
        at squirrelUpdate.download (C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\auto-updater-win.js:36:19)
        at C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\squirrel-update-win.js:89:14
        at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\squirrel-update-win.js:71:14)
        at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
        at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
        at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:204:12)

Here it is. It's main.log.

2. game_stailer94

game_stailer94 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hmm ok, this error is known, it has somthing to do with the auto updater, still working on a fix.

3. Kuzamio

Kuzamio Warper Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Hello! 

sorry for the english,

Is it possible to disable the steps in the windows? and can you change the description or add more descriptions when you move to the next step?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2016
  4. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    what do you mean with disable, if youdont want to show them then dont add steps, and no at the moment there is no option to change the description.

can you try the new version ?

5. InBlast

First Language:
    French
    Done. It's the same, it show me a blank window.

You said it was an error with update. Could it be something related to internet acess ?

6. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    normaly not, as the editor test if you can access my update server, can you check again if something is logged ? (path has changed replace app-1.2.2 with app-1.2.3)

7. InBlast

First Language:
    French
    None of the 2  .log have been created.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  8. Linard

Linard Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like this plugin so much  :)  Suggest to have a back button to support Touch input   :rock-right:   :rock-right:  or have a compatibility with this plugin Advanced Menus by orlando . Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2016
  9. LusterLink

LusterLink Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I still get the "cat" and "null" error, both with this version and the old one. Does anybody have a fix?

10. DrunkNescafe

DrunkNescafe Villager Member

First Language:
    norwegian
    I think I have broken the main program “quest editor”. I have variable to 999 in rpg maker. And want the program to take quest from variable 500++ but the program will only let me choice from variable 1 to 50.

When I try to open the main program “quest editor” now it will not show any quest or anything. It’s just blank now.

11. Blanket

Blanket Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    The "Max Steps" isn't working for me, I leave it at 0 and it only displays the first step, even if I put it at 10 it will only display 1 at a time.

I searched through this thread and found a few people with my same problem, and saw their fixes for it and none of that works for me.

I'm using version 1.2.3, any ideas?

12. Kreider16

Kreider16 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is there a way to set a menu background option? Or can there be one added? All of my other menu options use a sword image as a background and this option is the only one that uses a blurred image of the game world. If it is possible at some point to add that option to set a specific background image from the "System" folder in the game data would be great. Just thought I would ask to see if there is an option or if it would be a plausible idea. Thanks!

13. omega1227

omega1227 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I second this! I'm definitely going to be putting my RPG on Android, so this type of functionality would be FANTASTIC!

14. lawina

lawina Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How do you check if the current step is higher or same as number? For example, I want to check if the step is 2 or higher than 2:

$gameQuests.get(1).currentStep >= 2

Something like this?

15. R Streetz

R Streetz Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey @game_stailer94 I installed the program,  made my quest,  Added the two commands to the yanfly menu plugin but whenever I open my menu I don't see anything for quests. Also I have an event that gives you your first quest then it is supposed to call the quest menu via the command open quest. but instead the error "cannot read property 'cat' of null" Can someone help please?

16. SimProse

SimProse Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Did you make sure and Save the quests in the Quest Editor?

17. lawina

lawina Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I noticed that one very important feature is missing (or maybe I missed it), which is that the quest names aren't marked in a different color after they are completed/failed (or some other indication in the quest name list on the left). The steps are marked, but it's more important to mark the quest names, especially when you have over a few dozen quests. Right now the player has to go through every single quest to see which one is still available to do. Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
    Tatsumaro likes this.
  18. lexietanium

lexietanium Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog :P
    Hi! was wondering if there's anyway for me to change the look of the quest menu =o

19. darkkitten

darkkitten Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Quick Suggestion, can you add a Option for No Variable on Step Progress? 

20. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
     What excatly do you mean, you can complete a step without the variables by using a command.

I will rework the layout to be more like the wuest system for VX Ace.

Should the normal "back" softbutton from android do the job ?

Not atm, but I will add it to the feature list.

If you are still get this error can you open the debug console in game (F8) an tell me the error details ?

Hmm sstrange I think I need to take a look at that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016