Game_Stailer94´s Quest System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by game_stailer94, May 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. darkkitten

darkkitten Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I figured that out after I made the post sorry about that :)

2. Linard

Linard Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Nope. The Back button on Android devices is not like the way you cancel/Back, unless you have to tap with your 2 finger to have a back function.

But it's good to see that there's a back button/choice on the menu :)

3. exsharaen

exsharaen Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesian

I tried it, and it works... by closing the game. As far as I know, HTML5 game engines for Android usually do not handle Back button automatically (you have to tell them explicitly the Back button behavior); by default Back button closes the game.

So, yes, @Linard is correct, you have to tap with 2 fingers (the default RMMV back "gesture" for Android). I have to include the tutorial in my game, as the gesture is not intuitive at all...

4. Shinmegumi

Shinmegumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Are there any plans to merge the accept/decline window from the Beta build to the main build or merge the fixes put in the main build into the Beta build.  I have been using the accept feature like crazy, but my plugin doesn't seem to include the step fix or anything else that was added after the beta build was posted.  Are you working on integrating the two into one build or do I just have to use the beta as is?

5. game_stailer94

game_stailer94 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    they will be merged in the futur, atm I dont have as mutch time as I used to have so it will take a little bit longer.

6. Shinmegumi

First Language:
    English
    So, I tried merging the two myself, and it didn't go over well.  Now when I load up the plugin and try to use the quest accept window I get an error:  TypeError: Cannot read property of icon = null.  Even after I switched back to an untouched version of 1.3, it still gives me the same error when attempting to show a quest window.  Any ideas how to fix it?

7. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    can you give me the error details from the debug menu ?

8. Shinmegumi

First Language:
    English
    Here you go.  I'm not sure what the problem is since I haven't manipulated the create scene and it is a fresh plugin install.

Debug.PNG

9. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok,  first check if you are uaing the correct js, as the name filename seems to be wrong, after that please check your quests file as this looks pike you tryed to show a wi dows for a non existing quest.

10. Shinmegumi

First Language:
    English
    The JS is correct, I just renamed it, but the quest is there.  Unless the ID isn't set up correctly in the event.

Edit:

So I fixed that.  I had it as a double zero when I should have just had the number 4 for my ID.  Now it crashes when I open the quest log.  Here is the screenshot of what happens.

Second Edit:

Deleted the old plugins and had the Quest Editor download a new one.  Everything works.  It was just user error.

Quest Log.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2016
  11. Alexandre

Alexandre Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Good job by pachting the plugin.

Can I suggest a little improvement for it?

Replace line 883:

this.questBitmap.drawText(bullet + TextManager.currencyUnit, 0, this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

by this:

if (Imported.YEP_CoreEngine && Yanfly.Icon.Gold > 0) {

this.questBitmap.drawText(bullet, 0, this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

this.drawIcon(Yanfly.Icon.Gold, this.contents.measureTextWidth(bullet), this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

} else {

this.questBitmap.drawText(bullet + TextManager.currencyUnit, 0, this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

}

It allows to show Yanfly's gold icon for rewards.

12. Shinmegumi

First Language:
    English
    Okay, so I have the plugin working, but I'm having an issue with script calls.  I'm not sure if they are working correctly or not.   I do this inside my conditional branches: $gameQuests.get(4).inProgress() == false and it skips over the branch.  I have tried a few different calls, but I can't seem to get it to evaluate the statement correctly.  I'm not sure if I am using them incorrectly, or if it is just simple user error.  If it wasn't such an essential part of our gameplay, I would just use the regular event calls, but we are using this for a sort of job/bounty board.  Any help would be great.

13. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hmm can you try putting '$gameQuests.get(4).inProgress()' directly in the console ? the one in the dev tools.

will do this in one of the future versions, but you can also just create a pull request on github witht that changes.

14. Mr. Minister

Mr. Minister You can call me Mister ;) Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I want to use this amazing plugin so much but it's interfering with another very important plugin im using. It's the RMV – Menu Background by Moghunter. I'm using it to creating a scrolling background which works perfectly on every menu scene, including other custom scenes, except this one. It stops the animation and makes it static. Is there any way this can be fixed?

15. Shinmegumi

First Language:
    English
    So i did this, but it keeps returning true even when the quest was never activated.  I even started a new game to test and it still returns the same thing.  It returns true period.  I even checked quests that were blank and they all returned inProgress = true.  None of them were started.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or an error on my side, but I do not have any switches or anything that activates quests at the beginning of the game.

Edit:

Also it doesn't show that the party has picked up the quest when they have.  I'm not sure if any of the script calls work properly.

Edit 2:

I'm still using the 1.3 beta plugin with the quest accept window.  I don't know if this might be a bug with that branch.  The quest accept works great by the way.  If you do ever get the chance to merge it into the main branch, I do look forward to using the updated plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
  16. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    without any hints was happening?, no sorry. if you get erros in the console maybe they can help me.

I look into this

17. crowhound

crowhound Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have noticed others talk about the issue where if you do a battle test it says json file not found or something along those lines. I don't know if this problem was fixed already so ignore the following if it was.

Where you put

DataManager._databaseFiles.push(
        {name: "$dataQuests", src: "Quests.json"}

to load the json file in cant we just add 

if(!DataManager.isBattleTest())

before it. 

DataManager.isBattleTest() is a function that checks to see if you are inside of the troop test in the editor. We could just check against it to see if the json fle should be loaded or not. I have not messed with the battle test code enough to say if this is full proof, but I thought I would bring it up.

18. lawina

lawina Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there a simple way to only make a specific Quest Category visible (hide/unhide), or does that need changes to the plugin?

19. ubernoob87Games

ubernoob87Games Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey,

Love the idea of the plugin! However, I seem to run into an issue. I created a single quest and after I try to edit it, the program goes white (see image below). I have tried reinstalling the program, but nothing seems to work. Is it a bug?

I really have no clue how it happened. I created the quest as a quick test to see how it worked. I tested the project, found some errors, and was going back to the program to fix any problems in the quest. Hope this gets fixed soon!

ubernoob87Games

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 10.06.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 10.04.58 AM.png

20. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hmm can you send me your quests.json ?