Game_Stailer94´s Quest System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by game_stailer94, May 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Ungragu the quest editor isn't broken at all while i use it too, you just need to go to file -> game project folder and click ok.
    a new window will be visible to get started on your quests.

@Sugor the steps are pretty much straight forward (a tutorial would be a bit hard to make) im not good in making tutorials.
    but maybe I can play a tiny tutorial on this forum if noone do it yet. while the system is also new but probably not fully supported
    anymore.

2. Sugor

Sugor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ohhh okay btw.. every time i open it...there's a delay on opening it and updating....do i have to restart the program after i update a variable on MV?

3. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Sugor after selecting the project from file, it should work straight away, but my suggestion is,
    create a quest in the editor (maybe write down the steps you made) and open MV to implent the event.
    you can also keep the editor open to follow the steps from there, but I have no idea if editing in the editor delays
    MV after you save it though.

Its best to follow those steps as follows (use the plugin command in order as in the help file)
    1) open the quest editor -> file -> project (this is only a 1x unless you do more projects so you can switch)
    2) Create Quests and it's steps in order to advance
    3) best to save often (every 1-2 steps you make)
    4) when all done in there, open MV and start eventing the quest (NPC that give it -> do stuff -> clear quest)
    5) test to see if its working.
    6) If edits need to be made, do so and save -> click save in MV and re-test
    7) If you get delays, close MV, save in quest editor once more, restart MV and retest

if you still get delays than im not sure what can cause it though. Hope this helps

4. Sugor

Sugor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I HAVE A PROBLEM IN MAINMENU... i type it the same as the item but i change it for Quest but it doesn't show up the in the menu but the space is there.

5. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Sugor
    Do you use YEP_MainMenuManager by any chance?
    if you do, it might be conflicting. To solve that, put the quest name in there
    and the common event to open it. Else, PM me privately with screenshots and I try to help you out.

6. CloudzChow

CloudzChow Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Did you search your directory project that you wanted to use? It will remain blank till you select your current project directory first.

7. Sugor

Sugor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i encounter the same thing as @Ungragu and i figure it out it's the computer... the computer runs it slow i tried to look at the task manager it runs 3 or 4 cuz i tried it to run like 3 to 4 times i tried to
    end task them and open it and it works fine now but if i try to open it again many times i will only do the same thing. End task it. that's how i solve that blank screen.

CloudzChow likes this.
  8. Hahasea

Hahasea Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anyone have a link to the tutorial? I'm getting a blank space where it should be, in both Chrome and Firefox.

upload_2019-8-11_15-46-12.png

Also, I'm trying to get this set up on Mac, with the DMG, but I'm running across an issue where a few seconds after startup the entire window vanishes/crashes. Any ideas?

I'm not entirely sure I've installed it properly though, I just have the questeditor.app, volumeicons.icns, .fseventsd and .background in it's own folder inside my MV project folder. And the .js in the plugins folder, and activated. Is that correct?

I see that you had the same issue @blade911 , did you guys solve it?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  9. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if you double click the exe, it will say, which game you want, select the directory of the game, it also install the JS this way.
    so it will open correctly,

the other methode is to put hte exe in your game root, and the JS manually in the js plugins folder and set up your quests,
    I might make the tutorial for this one soon, because alot getting trouble setting it up.

10. Hahasea

Hahasea Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm using mac so it's a dmg, not exe. The main issue is that I can't actually select a directory, because the program crashes seconds after opening, before I can even assign a directory. I have tried putting the app directly in the game folder, and manually adding the js, but it didn't solve the crashing issue.

11. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Hahasea I'm not sure if there is an editor in .dmg for mac though because it should be rewritten for Mac.
    you can also edit the jason file for it, if its Quest.json but that would take alot of time to put in correctly.
    the hardest part of that, is the categories list which is only a number and not a string though.

if you have a Quest Editor.exe, maybe there is a tool that can open exe on mac or thinks as a window for that software only.

12. Hahasea

Hahasea Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ShadowDragon
    Hmm... the orginal post said
    and
    which does seem to indicate that there is a dmg version. Also, when I clicked the link, it downloaded a dmg automatically. And that dmg does load, and shows that first screen that asks you to set a directory, but crashes almost immediately. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I'll look into Yanfly's quest journal and see if I can make it do what I need.

Thanks.

13. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can only hope on someone with a MAC to see if they got it to work or there is something
    they missed (idk if this can be on version you use of the Mac OS).

but yanfly is a bit harder to use, but it has a tracker which is nice.
    if you can find a way to work around, than I wish you the best of luck on your game further :)

Hahasea likes this.
  14. Hahasea

Hahasea Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ShadowDragon likes this.
  15. exnem

exnem Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Does anyone know how to get this to work with Irina's Auto Message Color plugin? I get weird characters in the quest journal when I use them together. Have already tried changing plugin order so that's not it...

If anyone has a fix or an alternative to Irina's plugin I would appreciate it!

16. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @exnem you can use colors inside it already, if you have Irina's plugin above the quest editor, try it to place it below.