Game_Stailer94´s Quest System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by game_stailer94, May 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cherry-sama

Cherry-sama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I made a video with you in it as thanks! :D

2. takashi1kun

takashi1kun spaghetti god code Veteran

First Language:
    Spain Spanish
    Kay, i modified the beta version of your plugin to allow change the separation of the accept windows whitout affect other windows and a plus to allow to change the separation by variable, the user can slect what two variables wants to use and can leave in 0 to disable that, i send you the modified version and see if is okay, i'm really a dirty coder, soo don't expect a clean code, i preffer to send you the modified one by PM :v and see if you like it

3. Shiro1994

Shiro1994 Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Hello,

I have a problem with your program, it just shows an empty window (please see attached).

I chose my project folder but it won't load anything or shows a message, it's just empty. (Windows10)

Nevertheless, I find it great that you do all that and develop this great plugin further! *thumbs up*

Problem.JPG

4. BlueDragon

BlueDragon Keeper of Secrets Member

I'm glad to see the development of this plugin. Accept/Decline will be very useful. ^^

Can't wait for more updates! Thanks. :)

5. game_stailer94

game_stailer94 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    same for you, open the console of rpg maker (F8) and make a screenshot of the error please

oh, i will most likely add a line hight setting in the next release

both of you I will take a look at your changes and maybe add them to the final release.

thanks to you, too  :)  

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2016
    cropots likes this.
  6. takashi1kun

takashi1kun spaghetti god code Veteran

First Language:
    Spain Spanish
    Great

7. Shiro1994

Shiro1994 Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    There is no error at all, it is just empty and in the console there is also nothing. :(

I tried to uninstall your programm and intall it again but when I start the setup.exe it shows very briefly "Insta..." and then it vanishes and I just have a blank program. :/

I think it doesn't install correctly. After a few tries (reloading, switching folders, etc.) I was able to see the quests but I couldn't edit it and after a few seconds it vanished again.

(Although I've installed the necessary programs for this. I even uninstalled and reinstalled them.)

Sorry for bothering you -.- 

Edit: Now I get the message that "node.dll" and "ffmpeg.dll" are missing but I've installed the program from the microsoft site :/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2016
  8. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Something in a recent update has caused quests that use a variable to track progress to no longer show that progress in the quest window. (the step is completely absent from the window).

This had previously worked, though I can't vouch for how long ago this was broken.

kitties.PNG kitties2.PNG

Alright, looks like this wasn't a problem with the plugin after all. Although something to note is that if you do a quest nextstep on a quest that only has one step, that step seems to disappear, which is what happened here, somehow.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  9. cropots

cropots Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portugues
    The same happens to me.

10. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

That´s a bug from the latest version, will fix it soon.

11. Usaku-chan

Usaku-chan Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey there.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or glitch or me being incompetent, but I've noticed while using your amazing plugin and program, that as I progress through the quest, some of the objectives get hidden depending on how many steps there are. I have a few images of the plugin settings, the programs settings and two of in-game.

The steps as shown in the quest editor

[​IMG]

Before all the primary gathering steps have been completed

[​IMG]

When the primary gathering steps have been completed

[​IMG]

Pluggin Settings

[​IMG]

Not sure if there's something I've done wrong, but I was hoping, as it also happens on a 'story' quest that I would like to leave available for viewing so players can remember what they've done in the past. The story quests have many steps and without them all showing, it makes things a little difficult for me. I have no experience with plugins except changing their settings.

Thanks for your time.

12. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    can you try to set max steps to -1 ?

13. lawina

lawina Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The editor seems to require an internet connection. What if the OP goes AWOL or the server goes down?

14. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the editor checks if my server is accessable, if not it will not try to load aneything, so if server is down, skip update check, anyone can also change my code an build its own version of the editor without the check.

15. lawina

lawina Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

Yes, my bad. I couldn't get it to work after I blocked the application from accessing the internet, but it worked again after restarting it (while it was still blocked from the internet). Thank you for your quick reply and sorry for the misunderstanding!

16. Usaku-chan

Usaku-chan Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Doesn't show any steps with it set to -1, and I also tried it with 1; also showed no steps.

I think I've managed to find a temporary fix. It's to make one extra step afterwards and leave it empty which allows it to read all of the steps.

17. ramza

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've got a weird problem with the editor.

Every time I open it, it sets all of the quest categories one value higher than they should be. I have five categories, and anything set to the fifth one will have the value of the fourth category, and so on. Right now I need to either leave the ditor open all the time, or manually fix each quest every time I open it, as if I save with that issue showing, all quests are set to incorrect categories.

edit: I think the issue might be that the dropdown box in the editor is considering the first category as cat:1, while the json file is writing it as cat:0. So when the editor opens again, it reads them as one lower than it really was, and if saved again, saves them as one lower than they were when it opened. (maybe)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2016
  18. game_stailer94

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    seems to be a problem with the new step out of order thing, i´m at a fix atm.

there was a porblem like that in the first versions, are you useing the latest version of the editor ?

19. ramza

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have updated it every time it tells me to.

Edit: I deleted my quests.json file, and redownloaded the editor, and used it to make a new one with 5 categories. The same thing happened.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016
  20. BlueDragon

BlueDragon Keeper of Secrets Member

I have the same problem. Version 1.2.1.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2016