Game_Stailer94´s Quest System

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
2016-07-17T08:18:04.687Z - error: Error from AutoUpdater
2016-07-17T08:18:04.688Z - error: Message is Suppressed...
2016-07-17T08:18:04.689Z - error:  Error: Command failed: 4294967295
System.AggregateException: Une ou plusieurs erreurs se sont produites. ---> System.Exception: Couldn't acquire lock, is another instance running
   � Squirrel.SingleGlobalInstance..ctor(String key, TimeSpan timeOut)
   � Squirrel.UpdateManager.<acquireUpdateLock>b__31_0()
   � System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   � System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- Fin de la trace de la pile � partir de l'emplacement pr�c�dent au niveau duquel l'exception a �t� lev�e ---
   � System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   � System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   � Squirrel.UpdateManager.<CheckForUpdate>d__7.MoveNext()
--- Fin de la trace de la pile � partir de l'emplacement pr�c�dent au niveau duquel l'exception a �t� lev�e ---
   � System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   � Squirrel.Update.Program.<Download>d__7.MoveNext()
   --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
   � System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   � System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   � System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
   � Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String[] args)
   � Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String[] args)
   � Squirrel.Update.Program.Main(String[] args)
---> (Exception interne #0) System.Exception: Couldn't acquire lock, is another instance running
   � Squirrel.Update.Program.<Download>d__7.MoveNext()<---

at AutoUpdater.emitError (C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\auto-updater-win.js:64:29)
    at squirrelUpdate.download (C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\auto-updater-win.js:36:19)
    at C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\squirrel-update-win.js:89:14
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\squirrel-update-win.js:71:14)
    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:204:12)

Here it is. It's main.log.

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
System.AggregateException: Une ou plusieurs erreurs se sont produites. ---> System.Exception: Couldn't acquire lock, is another instance running
   � System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   � System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
---> (Exception interne #0) System.Exception: Couldn't acquire lock, is another instance running

at AutoUpdater.emitError (C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\auto-updater-win.js:64:29)
    at squirrelUpdate.download (C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\auto-updater-win.js:36:19)
    at C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\squirrel-update-win.js:89:14
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Tristan\AppData\Local\QuestEditor\app-1.2.2\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\auto-updater\squirrel-update-win.js:71:14)

hmm ok, this error is known, it has somthing to do with the auto updater, still working on a fix.

Kuzamio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Hello! 

sorry for the english,

Is it possible to disable the steps in the windows? and can you change the description or add more descriptions when you move to the next step?

Last edited by a moderator:

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! 

sorry for the english,

Is it possible to disable the steps in the windows? and can you change the description or add more descriptions when you move to the next step?
what do you mean with disable, if youdont want to show them then dont add steps, and no at the moment there is no option to change the description.

can you try the new version ?

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Done. It's the same, it show me a blank window.

You said it was an error with update. Could it be something related to internet acess ?
normaly not, as the editor test if you can access my update server, can you check again if something is logged ? (path has changed replace app-1.2.2 with app-1.2.3)

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
None of the 2  .log have been created.

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like this plugin so much  :)  Suggest to have a back button to support Touch input   :rock-right:   :rock-right:  or have a compatibility with this plugin Advanced Menus by orlando . Thank you :)

LusterLink

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I still get the "cat" and "null" error, both with this version and the old one. Does anybody have a fix?

DrunkNescafe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
norwegian
Primarily Uses
I think I have broken the main program “quest editor”. I have variable to 999 in rpg maker. And want the program to take quest from variable 500++ but the program will only let me choice from variable 1 to 50.

When I try to open the main program “quest editor” now it will not show any quest or anything. It’s just blank now.

Blanket

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
The "Max Steps" isn't working for me, I leave it at 0 and it only displays the first step, even if I put it at 10 it will only display 1 at a time.

I searched through this thread and found a few people with my same problem, and saw their fixes for it and none of that works for me.

I'm using version 1.2.3, any ideas?

Kreider16

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to set a menu background option? Or can there be one added? All of my other menu options use a sword image as a background and this option is the only one that uses a blurred image of the game world. If it is possible at some point to add that option to set a specific background image from the "System" folder in the game data would be great. Just thought I would ask to see if there is an option or if it would be a plausible idea. Thanks!

omega1227

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like this plugin so much  :)  Suggest to have a back button to support Touch input   :rock-right:   :rock-right:  or have a compatibility with this plugin Advanced Menus by orlando . Thank you :)
I second this! I'm definitely going to be putting my RPG on Android, so this type of functionality would be FANTASTIC!

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do you check if the current step is higher or same as number? For example, I want to check if the step is 2 or higher than 2:

$gameQuests.get(1).currentStep >= 2

Something like this?

R Streetz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey @game_stailer94 I installed the program,  made my quest,  Added the two commands to the yanfly menu plugin but whenever I open my menu I don't see anything for quests. Also I have an event that gives you your first quest then it is supposed to call the quest menu via the command open quest. but instead the error "cannot read property 'cat' of null" Can someone help please?

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did you make sure and Save the quests in the Quest Editor?

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I noticed that one very important feature is missing (or maybe I missed it), which is that the quest names aren't marked in a different color after they are completed/failed (or some other indication in the quest name list on the left). The steps are marked, but it's more important to mark the quest names, especially when you have over a few dozen quests. Right now the player has to go through every single quest to see which one is still available to do. Am I missing something?

lexietanium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog :P
Primarily Uses
Hi! was wondering if there's anyway for me to change the look of the quest menu =o

darkkitten

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Quick Suggestion, can you add a Option for No Variable on Step Progress? 

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick Suggestion, can you add a Option for No Variable on Step Progress? 
 What excatly do you mean, you can complete a step without the variables by using a command.

Hi! was wondering if there's anyway for me to change the look of the quest menu =o
I will rework the layout to be more like the wuest system for VX Ace.

I second this! I'm definitely going to be putting my RPG on Android, so this type of functionality would be FANTASTIC!
Should the normal "back" softbutton from android do the job ?

Is there a way to set a menu background option? Or can there be one added? All of my other menu options use a sword image as a background and this option is the only one that uses a blurred image of the game world. If it is possible at some point to add that option to set a specific background image from the "System" folder in the game data would be great. Just thought I would ask to see if there is an option or if it would be a plausible idea. Thanks!
Not atm, but I will add it to the feature list.

I still get the "cat" and "null" error, both with this version and the old one. Does anybody have a fix?
If you are still get this error can you open the debug console in game (F8) an tell me the error details ?

I think I have broken the main program “quest editor”. I have variable to 999 in rpg maker. And want the program to take quest from variable 500++ but the program will only let me choice from variable 1 to 50.

When I try to open the main program “quest editor” now it will not show any quest or anything. It’s just blank now.
Hmm sstrange I think I need to take a look at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go
Made a video showcasing 56 plugins I've installed and used in the first 5 minutes of my game. (No battle related plugins involved.) :LZScheeze:

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aria347