Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Should the normal "back" softbutton from android do the job ?

Nope. The Back button on Android devices is not like the way you cancel/Back, unless you have to tap with your 2 finger to have a back function.

But it's good to see that there's a back button/choice on the menu :)

exsharaen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Should the normal "back" softbutton from android do the job ?

I tried it, and it works... by closing the game. As far as I know, HTML5 game engines for Android usually do not handle Back button automatically (you have to tell them explicitly the Back button behavior); by default Back button closes the game.

So, yes, @Linard is correct, you have to tap with 2 fingers (the default RMMV back "gesture" for Android). I have to include the tutorial in my game, as the gesture is not intuitive at all...

Shinmegumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are there any plans to merge the accept/decline window from the Beta build to the main build or merge the fixes put in the main build into the Beta build.  I have been using the accept feature like crazy, but my plugin doesn't seem to include the step fix or anything else that was added after the beta build was posted.  Are you working on integrating the two into one build or do I just have to use the beta as is?

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are there any plans to merge the accept/decline window from the Beta build to the main build or merge the fixes put in the main build into the Beta build.  I have been using the accept feature like crazy, but my plugin doesn't seem to include the step fix or anything else that was added after the beta build was posted.  Are you working on integrating the two into one build or do I just have to use the beta as is?
they will be merged in the futur, atm I dont have as mutch time as I used to have so it will take a little bit longer.

Shinmegumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I tried merging the two myself, and it didn't go over well.  Now when I load up the plugin and try to use the quest accept window I get an error:  TypeError: Cannot read property of icon = null.  Even after I switched back to an untouched version of 1.3, it still gives me the same error when attempting to show a quest window.  Any ideas how to fix it?

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I tried merging the two myself, and it didn't go over well.  Now when I load up the plugin and try to use the quest accept window I get an error:  TypeError: Cannot read property of icon = null.  Even after I switched back to an untouched version of 1.3, it still gives me the same error when attempting to show a quest window.  Any ideas how to fix it?
can you give me the error details from the debug menu ?

Shinmegumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here you go.  I'm not sure what the problem is since I haven't manipulated the create scene and it is a fresh plugin install.

Debug.PNG

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here you go.  I'm not sure what the problem is since I haven't manipulated the create scene and it is a fresh plugin install.

View attachment 46224
Ok,  first check if you are uaing the correct js, as the name filename seems to be wrong, after that please check your quests file as this looks pike you tryed to show a wi dows for a non existing quest.

Shinmegumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The JS is correct, I just renamed it, but the quest is there.  Unless the ID isn't set up correctly in the event.

Edit:

So I fixed that.  I had it as a double zero when I should have just had the number 4 for my ID.  Now it crashes when I open the quest log.  Here is the screenshot of what happens.

Second Edit:

Deleted the old plugins and had the Quest Editor download a new one.  Everything works.  It was just user error.

Quest Log.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexandre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Good job by pachting the plugin.

Can I suggest a little improvement for it?

Replace line 883:

this.questBitmap.drawText(bullet + TextManager.currencyUnit, 0, this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

by this:

if (Imported.YEP_CoreEngine && Yanfly.Icon.Gold > 0) {

this.questBitmap.drawText(bullet, 0, this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

this.drawIcon(Yanfly.Icon.Gold, this.contents.measureTextWidth(bullet), this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

} else {

this.questBitmap.drawText(bullet + TextManager.currencyUnit, 0, this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

}

It allows to show Yanfly's gold icon for rewards.

Shinmegumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so I have the plugin working, but I'm having an issue with script calls.  I'm not sure if they are working correctly or not.   I do this inside my conditional branches: $gameQuests.get(4).inProgress() == false and it skips over the branch.  I have tried a few different calls, but I can't seem to get it to evaluate the statement correctly.  I'm not sure if I am using them incorrectly, or if it is just simple user error.  If it wasn't such an essential part of our gameplay, I would just use the regular event calls, but we are using this for a sort of job/bounty board.  Any help would be great.

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I have the plugin working, but I'm having an issue with script calls.  I'm not sure if they are working correctly or not.   I do this inside my conditional branches: $gameQuests.get(4).inProgress() == false and it skips over the branch.  I have tried a few different calls, but I can't seem to get it to evaluate the statement correctly.  I'm not sure if I am using them incorrectly, or if it is just simple user error.  If it wasn't such an essential part of our gameplay, I would just use the regular event calls, but we are using this for a sort of job/bounty board.  Any help would be great.
hmm can you try putting '$gameQuests.get(4).inProgress()' directly in the console ? the one in the dev tools.

Good job by pachting the plugin.

Can I suggest a little improvement for it?

Replace line 883:

by this:

if (Imported.YEP_CoreEngine && Yanfly.Icon.Gold > 0) {

this.questBitmap.drawText(bullet, 0, this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

this.drawIcon(Yanfly.Icon.Gold, this.contents.measureTextWidth(bullet), this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

} else {

}

It allows to show Yanfly's gold icon for rewards.

will do this in one of the future versions, but you can also just create a pull request on github witht that changes.

Mr. Minister

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to use this amazing plugin so much but it's interfering with another very important plugin im using. It's the RMV – Menu Background by Moghunter. I'm using it to creating a scrolling background which works perfectly on every menu scene, including other custom scenes, except this one. It stops the animation and makes it static. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Shinmegumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hmm can you try putting '$gameQuests.get(4).inProgress()' directly in the console ? the one in the dev tools.
So i did this, but it keeps returning true even when the quest was never activated.  I even started a new game to test and it still returns the same thing.  It returns true period.  I even checked quests that were blank and they all returned inProgress = true.  None of them were started.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or an error on my side, but I do not have any switches or anything that activates quests at the beginning of the game.

Edit:

Also it doesn't show that the party has picked up the quest when they have.  I'm not sure if any of the script calls work properly.

Edit 2:

I'm still using the 1.3 beta plugin with the quest accept window.  I don't know if this might be a bug with that branch.  The quest accept works great by the way.  If you do ever get the chance to merge it into the main branch, I do look forward to using the updated plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to use this amazing plugin so much but it's interfering with another very important plugin im using. It's the RMV – Menu Background by Moghunter. I'm using it to creating a scrolling background which works perfectly on every menu scene, including other custom scenes, except this one. It stops the animation and makes it static. Is there any way this can be fixed?
without any hints was happening?, no sorry. if you get erros in the console maybe they can help me.

So i did this, but it keeps returning true even when the quest was never activated.  I even started a new game to test and it still returns the same thing.  It returns true period.  I even checked quests that were blank and they all returned inProgress = true.  None of them were started.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or an error on my side, but I do not have any switches or anything that activates quests at the beginning of the game.

Edit:

Also it doesn't show that the party has picked up the quest when they have.  I'm not sure if any of the script calls work properly.

Edit 2:

I'm still using the 1.3 beta plugin with the quest accept window.  I don't know if this might be a bug with that branch.  The quest accept works great by the way.  If you do ever get the chance to merge it into the main branch, I do look forward to using the updated plugin.
I look into this

crowhound

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have noticed others talk about the issue where if you do a battle test it says json file not found or something along those lines. I don't know if this problem was fixed already so ignore the following if it was.

Where you put

DataManager._databaseFiles.push(
    {name: "$dataQuests", src: "Quests.json"}

to load the json file in cant we just add 

if(!DataManager.isBattleTest())

before it. 

DataManager.isBattleTest() is a function that checks to see if you are inside of the troop test in the editor. We could just check against it to see if the json fle should be loaded or not. I have not messed with the battle test code enough to say if this is full proof, but I thought I would bring it up.

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a simple way to only make a specific Quest Category visible (hide/unhide), or does that need changes to the plugin?

ubernoob87Games

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey,

Love the idea of the plugin! However, I seem to run into an issue. I created a single quest and after I try to edit it, the program goes white (see image below). I have tried reinstalling the program, but nothing seems to work. Is it a bug?

I really have no clue how it happened. I created the quest as a quick test to see how it worked. I tested the project, found some errors, and was going back to the program to fix any problems in the quest. Hope this gets fixed soon!

ubernoob87Games

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 10.06.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 10.04.58 AM.png

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

Love the idea of the plugin! However, I seem to run into an issue. I created a single quest and after I try to edit it, the program goes white (see image below). I have tried reinstalling the program, but nothing seems to work. Is it a bug?

I really have no clue how it happened. I created the quest as a quick test to see how it worked. I tested the project, found some errors, and was going back to the program to fix any problems in the quest. Hope this gets fixed soon!

ubernoob87Games
hmm can you send me your quests.json ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DoubleXP wrote on Tonbi's profile.
Hello Wondering if you take commissions?
I should make an itch.io page one of these days...Maybe for my next large update.
whoops, forgot to get started with Advent posts! coming shortly!

Another demo of the dynamic cloud cover system, this time complete with the original soundtrack composition (which sounds even goofier at this 2x playback speed). Much left to tweak but I like it so far.
And now, some custom emotions to give the character life... :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zyia