Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome :D  

A small question at the end.  If i open the questlog i am always in the tab 'all'  where i can see all quests.  Could i change it? I want to open the log and will see the page with activ quests at first

in the plugin config -> default filter

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hi there people. I want to use this plugin and the quest editor but I'm having some issues:

To clarify what I have already done:

- I have Yanfly's Main Menu Manager installed and configured so this plugin can work (as explained in the tutorial). And I haven't a previous "Quests.json" file. The one I have is  created by the Editor the fist time I run it (when assigning the project directory I suposse).

- I have downloaded and installed the plugin and the editor following the tutorial.

- I have created an empty file named "Test_Quests.json" in the data folder, to prevent the semibug with Yanfly's core plugin during a test battle.

The problems are:

1) When I run the editor this window show up with no quests at all (which I suposse is normal due to not having previous quests), but I can't click the 3 buttons in the lower bar. I mean, if I click there, nothing happens. Also the "No directory set" warning popup doesn't show up, I have to put it manually via upper menu (File -> Set Project Directory), which leads to problem 2.

2) When I manually set the Project Directory, the quest editor window lost the lower buttons (see image below), and I can't get them back unless I restart the program. But that doesn't solve any of these problems.

Same problem here, the editor don't work no matter what I do. Tried using gameus' original editor and it works fine.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, now that I'm on the correct topic... 

Are there plans to make this plugin compatible with Moghunter's menu system? Or is in compatible only with YanFly's menus?

Thanks!

InkPotion

I've moved accounts! Now RunePotion.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, now that I'm on the correct topic... 

Are there plans to make this plugin compatible with Moghunter's menu system? Or is in compatible only with YanFly's menus?

Thanks!

I use moghunters menu plugins and it works fine! :)  

hppyniss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure if this is possible (I have zero scripting knowledge), but I'm wondering if you would consider making a "track quest" feature where a player could select one quest from their quest journal to sort of bookmark it, so that when the quest journal is opened, their tracked quest is automatically queued. I've just started adding quests to my game, and already I can imagine that it will be tough to track a players active quest since they will have to page through lots of active quests at any given time. It would also save a few key strokes for the player (and devs during playtesting!) 

Anyway, thanks again for this plugin! Hope the job search is going well :)

@game_stailer94 Woohoo! So, I found another quest journal that has this "track quest" feature, but it's missing quite a bit of the core functionality that I love in your quest journal. I would be more than happy to tip ya via ******* (or something) if you'd be willing to add this to your quest journal. Here's what I'm wondering about, specifically: 

Right now, the player has to drop down the categories (main quest, side quest, etc) each time they visit the quest log because they auto collapse back into folder-y things upon exit, it seems. The player then has to wade through all of their active quests to find the one they are actually actively doing. There are tabs for completed/failed/in progress quests, but in my game, at any given time, the player will have a bunch of in-progress quests, and I want to minimize extensive/frustrating click paths wherever possible. 

This second quest log (Galv's quest log: https://galvs-scripts.com/2016/11/11/mv-quest-log/ ) let's players mark a quest as "tracked" in the log (it displays an icon next to the quest name), and it essentially bookmarks that quest so that it is automatically displayed on the right hand "details screen" whenever the quest log is open. Galv's quest log also features categories that do not auto-collapse upon exit of the quest book. Both of these features (especially the tracking feature) are very appealing to me, but I don't know enough about Javascript (yet) implement it myself. 

No worries at all if you're not interested in implementing this feature -- your quest log is the best I've found as is, and you have my eternal thanks for keeping it updated! 

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@game_stailer94 Hey man, been mucking around with this plugin all day and, wow, I love it.

Will there be functionality to add a background image? If there is, I'm not seeing it.

I'm using Moghunter's menu system and would love to add the background and (if possible) the particle effects available with that system.

Again, love the plugin!

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@game_stailer94 Woohoo! So, I found another quest journal that has this "track quest" feature, but it's missing quite a bit of the core functionality that I love in your quest journal. I would be more than happy to tip ya via ******* (or something) if you'd be willing to add this to your quest journal. Here's what I'm wondering about, specifically: 

Right now, the player has to drop down the categories (main quest, side quest, etc) each time they visit the quest log because they auto collapse back into folder-y things upon exit, it seems. The player then has to wade through all of their active quests to find the one they are actually actively doing. There are tabs for completed/failed/in progress quests, but in my game, at any given time, the player will have a bunch of in-progress quests, and I want to minimize extensive/frustrating click paths wherever possible. 

This second quest log (Galv's quest log: https://galvs-scripts.com/2016/11/11/mv-quest-log/ ) let's players mark a quest as "tracked" in the log (it displays an icon next to the quest name), and it essentially bookmarks that quest so that it is automatically displayed on the right hand "details screen" whenever the quest log is open. Galv's quest log also features categories that do not auto-collapse upon exit of the quest book. Both of these features (especially the tracking feature) are very appealing to me, but I don't know enough about Javascript (yet) implement it myself. 

No worries at all if you're not interested in implementing this feature -- your quest log is the best I've found as is, and you have my eternal thanks for keeping it updated! 

should be possible, I add it to the todos

@game_stailer94 Hey man, been mucking around with this plugin all day and, wow, I love it.

Will there be functionality to add a background image? If there is, I'm not seeing it.

I'm using Moghunter's menu system and would love to add the background and (if possible) the particle effects available with that system.

Again, love the plugin!

bg image is planned, particles may be possible

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I´m BAAAAAAAACK :)  

Same problem here, the editor don't work no matter what I do. Tried using gameus' original editor and it works fine.

Could you please try the new Version, and If the Problem persists send me the log Files ?

Ah no i mean as reward like exp or something. :D

Its Done

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I´m BAAAAAAAACK :)  

Could you please try the new Version, and If the Problem persists send me the log Files ?

Its Done

Yeah nice. I updated it but i have some bugs.

Unbenannt4.png

I create a quest with 600 job points as reward. It wont be shown at the questlog and if i complete the quest i get 50? jobpoints :D
I tried it with 200 job points and i get 1 job point :D very wierd xD

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah nice. I updated it but i have some bugs.

I create a quest with 600 job points as reward. It wont be shown at the questlog and if i complete the quest i get 50? jobpoints :D
I tried it with 200 job points and i get 1 job point :D very wierd xD

Fixed. try New Version

war wohl gestern Abend doch zu spät :)  

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Fixed. try New Version

war wohl gestern Abend doch zu spät :)  

Perfect. Works like a charm *.* Thanks for this.
Did you think about an automatic notification window for quest add and complete? Hehe only an idea :D Would be cool.

Haha ja kein problem, aber super schneller support :) Gute Arbeit :)

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice work updating this...I very much like this plugin. I'd one day (maybe?) like to see some type of display on the main screen with the current active quests listed there (maybe on the right side?) that you can minimize somehow. Sort of like Grim Dawn, if you've seen that.

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everyone who used the 1.3.0 or 1.3.1 Version should manualy update to 1.3.2 as I did a change in the auto Updater System

Nice work updating this...I very much like this plugin. I'd one day (maybe?) like to see some type of display on the main screen with the current active quests listed there (maybe on the right side?) that you can minimize somehow. Sort of like Grim Dawn, if you've seen that.

Maybe :D

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The current versions 1.3.2 crashes on startup on Mac, I am running El Capitan and can run apps download from anywhere.

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@game_stailer94 If you add an tracking option and show the quest on the screen, this plugin would kicks ass :D

LTN has a quest system and there you can track quests. I would be glad to see it in this plugin :)

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese

It works now thanks :) But it takes a lot of time to load the quests (2 minutes more or less, using the original gameus file that only has 3 quests) and every time I open the icon change window it takes a lot of time loading again (again 2 minutes, but I do have a pretty large iconsheet 7000+ icons)

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The current versions 1.3.2 crashes on startup on Mac, I am running El Capitan and can run apps download from anywhere.
How Many Icons do you have ?

@game_stailer94 If you add an tracking option and show the quest on the screen, this plugin would kicks ass :D

LTN has a quest system and there you can track quests. I would be glad to see it in this plugin :)
Maybe :)

It works now thanks :) But it takes a lot of time to load the quests (2 minutes more or less, using the original gameus file that only has 3 quests) and every time I open the icon change window it takes a lot of time loading again (again 2 minutes, but I do have a pretty large iconsheet 7000+ icons)

THAT, was something I never thought about.
I´m pretty sure its the reason for the white screen, need to think about a way to fix that, as the editor loads the the complete image in and converts it to base64, need to find a better way....

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im using the default iconset
hmm strange,do you get any error message ?
I just released 1.3.3 if it still happens there, can you send me your log file, should be in the same place as the app (I hope, no Idea how it is on mac)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been playing through Skies of Arcadia again, and it really makes me wanna see someone try to implement how ship battles were done in the game into RPG Maker (or really just in general).
split.png
split view of both versions of the pocket city you traverse through. there's differences like areas only being accessible in one version of Autumn Bay. or events that only happen in one or the other.
theortically if there were a developer who spied on people's game playthroughs and changed things in real time to make it harder for them, what might be said game developer's motivation?
Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
URMOM38242345325