I made a video with you in it as thanks! :D

takashi1kun

spaghetti god code
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spain Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hey Guys I tried my best to do an Accept/Decline Window, you can try the BETA Version here: Download BETA 1.3.0

Be Aware that Auto update will keep you on Beta Releases, so you need to manualy check for updates.

Please tell me your thoughts and ideas :)  

Everyone is also welcome to test it and give me feedback.

Quest Accept QuestID

Will display the Window

you can get the selection with this: 

$gameParty.accepted

Example:

Kay, i modified the beta version of your plugin to allow change the separation of the accept windows whitout affect other windows and a plus to allow to change the separation by variable, the user can slect what two variables wants to use and can leave in 0 to disable that, i send you the modified version and see if is okay, i'm really a dirty coder, soo don't expect a clean code, i preffer to send you the modified one by PM :v and see if you like it

Shiro1994

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,

I have a problem with your program, it just shows an empty window (please see attached).

I chose my project folder but it won't load anything or shows a message, it's just empty. (Windows10)

Nevertheless, I find it great that you do all that and develop this great plugin further! *thumbs up*

Problem.JPG

BlueDragon

Keeper of Secrets
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm glad to see the development of this plugin. Accept/Decline will be very useful. ^^

Can't wait for more updates! Thanks. :)

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I have a problem with your program, it just shows an empty window (please see attached).

I chose my project folder but it won't load anything or shows a message, it's just empty. (Windows10)

Nevertheless, I find it great that you do all that and develop this great plugin further! *thumbs up*
same for you, open the console of rpg maker (F8) and make a screenshot of the error please

How to control the line-height? Font size 20, is an unnecessary space.
oh, i will most likely add a line hight setting in the next release

Great, i tried it and its great, ThankYouVeryMuch ^^ thats my opinion:
-Actually its enought great
-May be the option to set the position and size of the windows, even if it is via script can be good, but only a bit good, isn't important
-the steps that are porcentual dont have sense to show the completition in that windows cuz usually or always is going to be 0% and the steps that are not porcentual dont have sense to show the actual value, only the required value, cuz the actual usually or always is going to be 0
Only that, sorry for my bad english im used to read but not write in it  

EDIT:
I managed whit code change to something:

The only problem is that... only works whit align to right option activated, cuz i touched this:

and this:

and this too:

Kay, i modified the beta version of your plugin to allow change the separation of the accept windows whitout affect other windows and a plus to allow to change the separation by variable, the user can slect what two variables wants to use and can leave in 0 to disable that, i send you the modified version and see if is okay, i'm really a dirty coder, soo don't expect a clean code, i preffer to send you the modified one by PM :v and see if you like it
both of you I will take a look at your changes and maybe add them to the final release.

I'm glad to see the development of this plugin. Accept/Decline will be very useful. ^^

Can't wait for more updates! Thanks. :)
thanks to you, too  :)  

Last edited by a moderator:

takashi1kun

spaghetti god code
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spain Spanish
Primarily Uses
same for you, open the console of rpg maker (F8) and make a screenshot of the error please

oh, i will most likely add a line hight setting in the next release

both of you I will take a look at your changes and maybe add them to the final release.

thanks to you, too  :)  
Great

Shiro1994

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There is no error at all, it is just empty and in the console there is also nothing. :(

I tried to uninstall your programm and intall it again but when I start the setup.exe it shows very briefly "Insta..." and then it vanishes and I just have a blank program. :/

I think it doesn't install correctly. After a few tries (reloading, switching folders, etc.) I was able to see the quests but I couldn't edit it and after a few seconds it vanished again.

(Although I've installed the necessary programs for this. I even uninstalled and reinstalled them.)

Sorry for bothering you -.- 

Edit: Now I get the message that "node.dll" and "ffmpeg.dll" are missing but I've installed the program from the microsoft site :/

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something in a recent update has caused quests that use a variable to track progress to no longer show that progress in the quest window. (the step is completely absent from the window).

This had previously worked, though I can't vouch for how long ago this was broken.

kitties.PNGkitties2.PNG

Alright, looks like this wasn't a problem with the plugin after all. Although something to note is that if you do a quest nextstep on a quest that only has one step, that step seems to disappear, which is what happened here, somehow.

cropots

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Algo em uma recente atualização tem causado missões que usam uma variável para acompanhar o progresso de não mais mostram que o progresso na janela de busca. (O passo é completamente ausente da janela).

Isso já havia trabalhado, embora eu não posso garantir por quanto tempo atrás, esta foi quebrado.

View attachment 40913View attachment 40914

Tudo bem, parece que isso não foi um problema com o plugin depois de tudo. Embora algo a ser observado é que, se você fizer uma busca nextstep em uma busca que só tem um passo, este passo parece desaparecer, que é o que aconteceu aqui, de alguma forma.
The same happens to me.

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The same happens to me.

Something in a recent update has caused quests that use a variable to track progress to no longer show that progress in the quest window. (the step is completely absent from the window).

This had previously worked, though I can't vouch for how long ago this was broken.

Alright, looks like this wasn't a problem with the plugin after all. Although something to note is that if you do a quest nextstep on a quest that only has one step, that step seems to disappear, which is what happened here, somehow.
That´s a bug from the latest version, will fix it soon.

Usaku-chan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or glitch or me being incompetent, but I've noticed while using your amazing plugin and program, that as I progress through the quest, some of the objectives get hidden depending on how many steps there are. I have a few images of the plugin settings, the programs settings and two of in-game.

The steps as shown in the quest editor

Before all the primary gathering steps have been completed

When the primary gathering steps have been completed

Pluggin Settings

Not sure if there's something I've done wrong, but I was hoping, as it also happens on a 'story' quest that I would like to leave available for viewing so players can remember what they've done in the past. The story quests have many steps and without them all showing, it makes things a little difficult for me. I have no experience with plugins except changing their settings.

Thanks for your time.

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or glitch or me being incompetent, but I've noticed while using your amazing plugin and program, that as I progress through the quest, some of the objectives get hidden depending on how many steps there are. I have a few images of the plugin settings, the programs settings and two of in-game.

Not sure if there's something I've done wrong, but I was hoping, as it also happens on a 'story' quest that I would like to leave available for viewing so players can remember what they've done in the past. The story quests have many steps and without them all showing, it makes things a little difficult for me. I have no experience with plugins except changing their settings.

Thanks for your time.
can you try to set max steps to -1 ?

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The editor seems to require an internet connection. What if the OP goes AWOL or the server goes down?

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The editor seems to require an internet connection. What if the OP goes AWOL or the server goes down?
the editor checks if my server is accessable, if not it will not try to load aneything, so if server is down, skip update check, anyone can also change my code an build its own version of the editor without the check.

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
the editor checks if my server is accessable, if not it will not try to load aneything, so if server is down, skip update check, anyone can also change my code an build its own version of the editor without the check.

Yes, my bad. I couldn't get it to work after I blocked the application from accessing the internet, but it worked again after restarting it (while it was still blocked from the internet). Thank you for your quick reply and sorry for the misunderstanding!

Usaku-chan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
can you try to set max steps to -1 ?
Doesn't show any steps with it set to -1, and I also tried it with 1; also showed no steps.

I think I've managed to find a temporary fix. It's to make one extra step afterwards and leave it empty which allows it to read all of the steps.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got a weird problem with the editor.

Every time I open it, it sets all of the quest categories one value higher than they should be. I have five categories, and anything set to the fifth one will have the value of the fourth category, and so on. Right now I need to either leave the ditor open all the time, or manually fix each quest every time I open it, as if I save with that issue showing, all quests are set to incorrect categories.

edit: I think the issue might be that the dropdown box in the editor is considering the first category as cat:1, while the json file is writing it as cat:0. So when the editor opens again, it reads them as one lower than it really was, and if saved again, saves them as one lower than they were when it opened. (maybe)

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doesn't show any steps with it set to -1, and I also tried it with 1; also showed no steps.

I think I've managed to find a temporary fix. It's to make one extra step afterwards and leave it empty which allows it to read all of the steps.
seems to be a problem with the new step out of order thing, i´m at a fix atm.

I've got a weird problem with the editor.

Every time I open it, it sets all of the quest categories one value higher than they should be. I have five categories, and anything set to the fifth one will have the value of the fourth category, and so on. Right now I need to either leave the ditor open all the time, or manually fix each quest every time I open it, as if I save with that issue showing, all quests are set to incorrect categories.

edit: I think the issue might be that the dropdown box in the editor is considering the first category as cat:1, while the json file is writing it as cat:0. So when the editor opens again, it reads them as one lower than it really was, and if saved again, saves them as one lower than they were when it opened. (maybe)
there was a porblem like that in the first versions, are you useing the latest version of the editor ?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have updated it every time it tells me to.

Edit: I deleted my quests.json file, and redownloaded the editor, and used it to make a new one with 5 categories. The same thing happened.

BlueDragon

Keeper of Secrets
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

I have the same problem. Version 1.2.1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cieluz