"Game_Temp is not defined"

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by KingKraken, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingKraken

KingKraken Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've been having a few issues with plugin functionality for my game(dragonbones and yanfly action sequences) things that should be working just aren't, Yanfly has found no issues on his end. I figured at this point there was some kind of internal problem giving me the issue. So my first choice of action was to make sure everything was up to date.

Well after I got fresh versions of all my plugins, after trying to Playtex my game, I'm met with a "Game_temp is not defined" type of error. Anyone know the cause or the fix for it? Is it possible that whatever caused this error also caused my plugin functionality problems?

Thanks in advance!

2. Llareian

Llareian Jack of All Trades, Master of None Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds like there might be an error in some of your base JavaScript files. Have you updated your program recently? If so, have you updated the JavaScript files for your project? Or maybe you were looking at the JS files and accidentally changed one?

Well, either way, try taking the files from the NewData\js\ folder (just the 8 files, not the subfolders) and copying them over the ones in your Project's js folder.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please show a screenshot of the error. You've made at least one typo in those 4 words, and the error could be quite different depending on the EXACT text (case, underscores and all). F8 when the error happens, and screenshot the console tab.

I'm assuming if Yanfly has looked at it, then you probably have his plugins in the correct order.

Did you start a new game or resume a saved game after mucking around with your plugins? If you loaded a saved game, does the error also happen when you start a new game?

4. KingKraken

KingKraken Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No clue what I did exactky, but just copying the js folder from another project seemed to fix it.

Also turns out the functionality thing was actually an overlooked issue with dragon bones and not an actual error.

Thanks guys!

5. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.