Sebas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Idk if this is the right category since I'm super new here but I have a request that might be a little weird because so is my game tbh.
Basically, I want my players to be able to play the game in-game. I mean they find a PC somewhere and upon interacting with it, have my main character play the game, meaning they can start over from the tutorial and play the exact same game the player was already playing.- It's completely pointless but my game is basically its own parody anyways.
I think adding the protagonist's commentary to all the already existing maps shouldn't be much of an issue but I'm a bit worried about the menu. Obviously I don't want to force my Players to start over so they'd need an option to leeave the game and return to the original game, ideally the same way they would usually end their game. I'm assuming this would be possible through some plugin and while I'm pretty sure there's no gameception plugin (because honeslty what's the point?) I'm kinda hoping there might be something similar somewhere out there, I just don't know how to search for it because liek 99% of the time I have no idea what I'm actually talking about. What would help for example would be a way to change the menu depending on a switch activated or something like that (like having a switch turn on when the protagonist starts playing the game that tells the menu to not actually end the game when the player chooses "End Game"
Idk if I'm making any sense but thanks in advance in case anyone can decipher my ramblings

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Resource Requests' is for things like graphics. Plugins have their own Request section, so...
[move]JS Plugin Requests[/move]

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I may not 100% thought through all the implications of what you are tryin to achieve, but would it not possible to create with some creative eventing? If you use create duplicates of the characters and maps (with added events for character comments) you can remove all the "real characters" from the party and replace them with "the fake game characters" and place them at the start of the game. To make the menus and item counts etc seem empty you could store all that data in variables and than let the initial event restore it after the session is over. A fake start menu/save menu should also be possible, although I am not 100% sure how to achieve it. A game I know of called OFF uses it and from what I know it does not use any plugins at all. I have to experiment a bit to see if my method is plausible but if so I can hopefully share it with you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Firefox pointed me to a little inspiration: https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/writers-maps

So, I shared. :D
To be released 2021/10/21
Now that I made this "What the MZ RTP is missing" spreadsheet it's itching me to fill some the gaps D:
Aaaaand I completely forgot about the RMMV Chicken Rave my brother decided to implement in a parody of my VERY FIRST UNFINISHED project. We could not escape the chicken rave... The chickens would block the ladder...
I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majinludde