Gameover Events

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Ever had a random encounter, but wanted to make it so that if the party loses, instead of simply going to the game over scene, you could play some custom events?

Or maybe you have a number of evented battles, but if the player loses, the game over processing should all be handled the same way? Or perhaps the same way as the random encounters?

This plugin allows you to create your very own gameover events! Simply create a map, set up some events, and you're ready to show your own gameover scene!

More information and downloads are available at HimeWorks

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice! Tsukihime always delivers. Definitely use this for my game, since it is some sort of horror.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is one of those scripts I feel almost everyone should use. You can get real creative with this.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
A bug was reported by adamhwong where if you died in battle, the game would loop in the gameover scene.

This is because I missed the part where all scenes check game over every frame, and therefore the game over scene was also checking for game over, which sent it back to itself.

The problem has been resolved in the Dec 1, 2015 version.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I see what you did here ... :p Good idea

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This would be a really good plug in to use for a continue from the last check point or allow the player to reload a save here rather than go back to the menu.

It reminds me of Earthbound where you were being given the option of going back for half your cash on hand and everyone KOed expect you at 1 hp.

This also is a good thing for Adventure games that use an interface, and let the player backtrack to before they game overed.  King Quest and the like often had amusing sayings that were given per unique death as well.

I am pleased to have this in the list since it gives people a chance to do more than just a screen.  Castlevania also did little snippets or quotes that were randomized with pictures on the gameover screen. 

Lots of potential here.  I may just be using it.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wanted to mention that there was a bug in event processing. 

This has been resolved in the latest update.

For example, let's say you had an event that did this

1. Gameover

2. Show Text

3. Transfer player to some other map

What you may expect is the gameover would basically force stop the event.

However, that wasn't the case, and you would see some text, and transfer to a different map.

Which may be unexpected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP