Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How do I download or copy the script?
Temporary solution:
In Google type "rpg maker web gamepad extender" or follow this link.
Then click on the down arrow below the first link and click Cached.
Script is located in the Spoiler below Demo.

temp.png

Dynelf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you tale. That worked.

Verrillion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I'm currently using gamepad extender (along with gamepad adapter) to utilize gamepad support within my game. I am also using Guib's Tactical battle system for my game and as I've found that Gamepad Extender (+adapter) works everywhere except during battles.

Now I realize that Lone_Wolf can't go out and check to see if its compatible with every script ever, but I'm almost certain that GTBS has its own control scheme within the script. So my question in here lies, what exactly would I be looking for in GTBS to link it to GamePad Extender? because i've managed to link it with everything else.

I don't know if this information helps but when i start my game, the Gamepad works wonderfully, and (almost disappointingly) turns off my keyboard. But when a battle starts the gamepad ceases to work and my keyboard works again. Is this a clear indicator that what I'm looking for is even within the GTBS script? or is it somewhere else entirely?

I would also like to know if there is some way to figure out if these scripts are just incompatible because it doesn't crash but i've had a lot of difficulty merging the two, i've looked over both scripts 1000 times and I just want to know if I'm wasting my time trying to get them to work together.

Jono99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Verrillion One of two things you can do:
1. Open the scrip editor, pres Ctrl + Shift + F and type 'Input' with both boxes checked. From there, look at all the instances that pop up in GTBS and change them accordingly.
2. Wait for me to make an extension for GE Game Adapter and install it. I'll post a link to it once I've done so.

Verrillion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you! I was able to allow controller support in GBTS! Although any extra extensions or work is still appreciated for I am a big fan of all of your guy's work.

Although I'm trying to allow the player to use Keyboard or Controller interchangeably, would I do this in the Gampad (Extender + Adapter) scripts or GTBS?

Jono99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Verrillion For that, you need to check if the player has a controller plugged in (if memory serves me right, WolfPad.is_plugged_in? is the method that checks this) and have the program check for the appropriate input. You don't need to use an extension script, but you can (once I make it).

Also, thanks for really liking what we've all done.

NOTE: The remaining part of this post is a completely different topic entirely. This is to avoid violating the rules by double posting.

I just noticed that the download link to the script has disappeared. For the sake of everyone, here's the copy I have on my computer. I don't think I've modified it in any way, but I'm not sure. Once @Lone Wolf reuploads the script, I'll remove it from this post (this has now happened).

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Tsundere
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't even need to support my own scripts anymore. Nifty.

As for links... I posted this back in the early days of this forum, and it breaks every time they redo the layout. I'll get right on fixing the top post. Again.

Verrillion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Despite all the other changes I have made, I can't seem to identify the problem :/ (makes me feel quite stupid really)

When I launch my game I can't seem to use my keyboard regardless of if a controller is plugged in. It seems to only ever take controller inputs whether or not there even is one. I feel like I set it up properly unless I'm missing something horribly obvious.

Would I need an extension or something to allow using keyboard with the controller at the same time? (not like multiplayer but where they can theoretically move with the Controller and hit accept and cancel with the keyboard... not like any one would WANT to do that but you know, options :p)

upload_2017-4-12_16-57-35.png

Lone Wolf

Tsundere
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure about being unable to use the keyboard at all. You are sending calls to Input and not WolfPad, right? And you're sure you don't have any other gamepads plugged in/connected via Bluetooth/etc. ?

As for the other thing, disabling the keyboard if the pad is plugged in was just a matter of personal preference (with the idea being that the keyboard could be handled separately if one so desired). To change how that works takes a little bit of Ruby knowledge and a quick look at the end of the script page where I redefine some of the standard checks to prioritize pad input.

Verrillion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright my apologies the issue with the keyboard not responding was a result of a problem i was having with my controller completely outside of the program or the scripts (so sorry!)

well I still have some stuff to work out but at this point I'm gonna just wait for any kind of update or extension you guys come out with once again, this is a great script and really helps me with the things I want to achieve with RPG Maker!

Jono99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Verrillion Well, I have started working on a GEGA Extension for GTBS, so there you go. I'm currently staying at a friends house for a couple of days and forgot to pack my XBox controller, so anything I do on that will be a shot in the dark as to whether or not it'll work (by my standards), but I'll continue to work on it. Best of luck with what you make!

FoxySeta

Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hoping I'm not necroposting, I'd like to know if scripting the multiplayer part in js for RMMV would be easier.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
Support for up to four controllers simultaneously.
How do you script this for RMMV?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Jono99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@FoxySeta Depends on what kind of multiplayer you're talking about. If you're talking about split-screen multiplayer (which this script can use), then VXAce would be better because of Gamepad Extender, but if you're referring to online multiplayer, then yes, MV would be easier because of Javascript being designed for web use.

Also, your comment is kind of off topic from the thread, just letting you know that you probably shouldn't do that in the future as you might get in trouble for it. Also, due to the nature of this particular thread, you can't really necropost as this thread serves as a Q&A/Bug report thread for the script, but on other kinds of threads, yes, you do need to be careful not to necropost.

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FoxySeta Depends on what kind of multiplayer you're talking about. If you're talking about split-screen multiplayer (which this script can use), then VXAce would be better because of Gamepad Extender, but if you're referring to online multiplayer, then yes, MV would be easier because of Javascript being designed for web use.

Also, your comment is kind of off topic from the thread, just letting you know that you probably shouldn't do that in the future as you might get in trouble for it. Also, due to the nature of this particular thread, you can't really necropost as this thread serves as a Q&A/Bug report thread for the script, but on other kinds of threads, yes, you do need to be careful not to necropost.
Actually, I was referring just to the input for offline multiplayer w/o split screen (it actually looks very off-topic I gotta edit it).

Jono99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@FoxySeta Well, you did get your answer at least. Looking at your edited comment, there isn't really any way to do so. This script relies on DirectX and Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs), both of which are Windows exclusive technologies. Due to MV being both web-based and coded in Javascript, chances are that there are no ways to call DLLs in MV. There may be a DLL calling function in the Windows version on Node.js, which MV uses in projects deployed to Windows, but I wouldn't count on it, especially if you want to release your game on platforms other than Windows.

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FoxySeta Well, you did get your answer at least. Looking at your edited comment, there isn't really any way to do so. This script relies on DirectX and Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs), both of which are Windows exclusive technologies. Due to MV being both web-based and coded in Javascript, chances are that there are no ways to call DLLs in MV. There may be a DLL calling function in the Windows version on Node.js, which MV uses in projects deployed to Windows, but I wouldn't count on it, especially if you want to release your game on platforms other than Windows.
And what about reliying only on the gamepadStates passed by navigator.getGamepads()?

Jono99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@FoxySeta It has nothing to do with the subject of this thread, so we should talk about it elsewhere. I'll message you about it.

Marcio2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It is possible with this script to simply activate the D-Pad on a game ? The only way I found to have a D-pad working correctly is with things like joytokey.

Lone Wolf

Tsundere
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It is possible with this script to simply activate the D-Pad on a game ? The only way I found to have a D-pad working correctly is with things like joytokey.
You mean, you've only been able to use the D-Pad, with this module active, by using joy2key? Or without this module?

Because by default, this module uses `:UP`, `DOWN`, `:LEFT`, `:RIGHT` to signify the directional pad specifically, though you'll need to make sure you've adjusted any scripts you're using (including VXA core scripts) to respect that.

Marcio2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
You mean, you've only been able to use the D-Pad, with this module active, by using joy2key? Or without this module?

Because by default, this module uses `:UP`, `DOWN`, `:LEFT`, `:RIGHT` to signify the directional pad specifically, though you'll need to make sure you've adjusted any scripts you're using (including VXA core scripts) to respect that.
~

Oh sorry. I mean that I tried a lot of things and everytime it gave problems and the only thing that works is using joy2key alone. ^.^ I'm using scripts like XAS. I don't know if it can make problems. I'm using the default keys of Rpg Maker in the entire game, the only thing I need is to activate the D-pad even if it means that I have to desactivate the joystick for that reason. And maybe another thing I want to do is to force the game to use the default butons how I configured them in the options myself, because when we compile the game and the game is used by a new user they are reset and are in the basic configuration of rpg maker.

Thanks a lot for your message. ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making test maps is really illuminating when it comes to figuring out how the real maps should be. It's like the outline that one writes for the story before writing the actual story.
I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.
Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickdiculousG