Game's Save File Location

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Kuro Neko, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. Kuro Neko

Kuro Neko Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The default game save is: Game's Name/savexx.rvdata2. I want to change the save location to: Game's Name/Save/savexx.rvdata2. So, i've changed this part in game's script: DataManager

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Determine Existence of Save File #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.save_file_exists? !Dir.glob('Save*.rvdata2').empty? end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Maximum Number of Save Files #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.savefile_max return 16 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Filename # index : File Index #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.make_filename(index) sprintf("Save%02d.rvdata2", index + 1) endTo this:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Determine Existence of Save File #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.save_file_exists? !Dir.glob('Save/Save*.rvdata2').empty? end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Maximum Number of Save Files #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.savefile_max return 16 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Filename # index : File Index #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.make_filename(index) sprintf("Save/Save%02d.rvdata2", index + 1) endAnd, it's work, the save will be located in Save folder instead of right in the game's folder. But, the problem is, i've to create a save folder before, so the game will be saved in that save folder. If there isn't any save folder, the game won't be saved. All i want is, the game will check either there is a game folder or not and if not, create one and save in that.

2. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    FOLDER_NAME = "NAME"Dir.mkdir(FOLDER_NAME) unless Dir.exist?(FOLDER_NAME)
    Not at my comp right now so this may not be 100% accurate. Its something like that though.

Zeriab likes this.
  3. Kuro Neko

First Language:
    English
    Oh, Dekita :D

Where should i put that line?

4. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    probably best to put it into the module and have it run as soon as the game runs.

5. Kuro Neko

First Language:
    English
    Oh, it's work. Thank you :D

You know, you like a hero appeared everytime i need LOL :D

?????? likes this.
  6. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ahh good, it worked.

I feared that the syntax may have been

Dir.mk_dir(FOLDER_NAME)(with an underscore ' _ ')

Havent used the Dir class since I done my own save data script :p

7. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.