Keegs

Bridge Monkey
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I can count with one hand the amount of games that stirred my insides - and even thinking back to some of them makes me sad from within. One in particular was The Last of Us - and if anyone has ever heard of the game, likely that they cried themselves. The ending made me feel very sad that is was over and I just wanted to see more of it, but knew it would be years till another came out, would never be developed. I didn't get sad over the sequel - maybe I changed inside, but it was a big let down, especially with certain casts being eliminated. This was a game I watched too, never experienced the game myself.

For a game that I have experienced myself and have played religiously for years is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, the odd thing was that this game is an FPS shooter with nothing to cry over, but once I finished the game. I felt empty inside, knowing that this was it, there would never be any more sequels. Same thing, I felt a very impactful feeling inside myself, but never started to sob over it.

Ever cried over a game or felt something deep inside that you've never felt before?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From the games with actual gameplay, so not counting visual novels, I'd say the only one for me was Magia Record. As someone who puts gameplay over story, I rarely get immersed in a game's world, but with Magia Record I got very attached to the characters (most of all, the main character), and I loved all the stories. It was a sad moment when the North American server closed, and had to leave them all behind. It might have been the only time I felt something for a videogame character.
I moved to the Japanese server, a month after the NA server closure, to play on a fresh account, but it it's just not the same...

Azurose

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My three go-to titles for ''sad games'' are always Rakuen, Nier Gestalt and 999. Not a lot of games make me cry or even really feel DEEP emotions, but those did.

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FFX for me, but not entirely for the game, but my situation while playing it.

I was at about the one year mark fighting stage 4 lymphoma (cancer). Was once 190lbs was by then a 90lbs skeleton.

My older brother never included me in anything. But he got FFX and I still remember sitting in his room for hours on end watching him play.

The music, slow build story, all the sounds of the UI selections being switched or cancelled.

It was so calming. My body wretched and hurt all the time, but those few hours every day, I just felt normal.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorer of time was the one that got to me. I was a kid who'd never really encountered many sad games before, so the ending really hit hard. Oh, and To The Moon several years later... Just the soundtrack can get ya to tear up, I swear :'D

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Telltale season 3 and 4 of Walking Dead. Season 4 should pull at anyone regardless of the choices you made but season 3 you have to do something specific to get the tearjerker part.

I guess the end of season 1 was kind of sad too, but I still think 3 and 4 were more emotional.

That being said season 3 was the most emotional for me.

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The ending of cyberpunk 2077 with that song...
That's basically the very reason that makes me work on my current game...
To make some beautiful things not fade away...

Tomasque

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Omori.

I want to explain but I really don't want to spoil anything.

In case you haven't heard of it, though, here's the trailer.

Last edited:

DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Undertale did this to me. I happened to see a youtuber talking about it and digged the retro-jrpg like style, picked it up not expecting much from it, but playing it shook me to my very core. Not gonna spoil anything but that game changed the way I feel about videogames and life in general.

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Tales of Symphonia, when you learn Presea grew into such a routine she didn't even realize her father, Sieg had passed away in his bed, and he was rotting . . . :frown:

Last edited:

Ami

World Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ending of God Eater Burst

it has 2 ending,where the 1st is make me crying after the final battle,the 2nd ending is the healer of ending 1

i can't tell you what it is if you never play it :razz:

Archduke

Jack of all Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Legend of Dragoon for the PS1 yanked mine pretty hard. That game's just hurtful to your soul.
Tales of Zestiria has some really good moments in it as well when it's not trying too hard.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a few, including The Walking Dead: Season 1 and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, but the one I really want to mention is Persona 4.

December 3rd. Anyone who has played P4 might remember that date. That was a heartbreaking moment.

DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I kinda forgot FF7 Crisis Core as well, but that was truly something.

Also, add in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days.

You can't finish those games without crying at least once.

About Persona 4, I don't remember exactly, but I think I know what you're talking about. I didn't want to believe it my first time around.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything that happens in Days makes a certain event in KH3 very emotionally charged, and brought tears of joy to my eyes.

And while I'm speaking of KH3, the ending got to me too. And it wasn't just the fate of a certain character, but it was the fact that I had come to the conclusion of a journey that started way, way back in 2002. The Xehanort Saga was over, and new pastures for the series await us. It was an emotional moment for me.

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Life is Strange is one that really got to me.

There were so many chills, thrills and feels along the way, and I felt like I'd been punched in the heart when it ended.

A big part of it was how perfectly DONTNOD chose the music. Like when Local Natives 'Mt. Washington' kicks in at the end of Chapter 2 while small sunset scenes from around town are shown. It blew me away, drew me into the story completely. Every time I hear that tune (or others, like Syd Matters 'Obstacles') it all comes flooding back.

AlexCaffe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
The last of us, Valiant hearts, Limbo

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Totaldramawwe