Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi friends!

I made this thread so people using the SRPG Engine in their projects can share experiences and discuss how they're using it.

The SRPG Engine is a collection of plugins you can use in order to employ a turn based strategy battle system in your game, similiar to the ones in the Fire Emblem games. The engine is still in development, but I haven't encountered a serious bug so far and I'd say it is in a very usable state already for most projects. You can check it out here.

Also, you should check out the plugins @Doktor_Q made for the SRPG Engine, as they introduce many vital components to it, such as position effects (so attacks and skills can move the attacker or the target, such as dash attacks and attacks that deal knockback or pull the target closer) Map Battles (makes the engine compatible with battles WITHOUT the usual battle scene), and compatibility fixes for other plugins, such as Yanfly's Cooldown and Limited Skill Uses plugins. You can check them out here.

I'll be posting about my own project very soon in this thread, and am excited to learn about other people's, so I hope we can help and motivate each other, as we all know it's hard to solo dev lol.

See you soon!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Games in Development' is for threads about a specific game and its progress, rather than a motivational thread with a number of people reporting on a variety of projects.

'General Discussion' seems the best place for this, as in some ways it is similar in intent to the monthly 'Goals' thread.

A reminder to everyone posting here. Implementation questions still need to go to Javascript/Plugin Support. This is not the place for that type of discussion.
Thanks.

big_noob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'Games in Development' is for threads about a specific game and its progress, rather than a motivational thread with a number of people reporting on a variety of projects.

'General Discussion' seems the best place for this, as in some ways it is similar in intent to the monthly 'Goals' thread.

[mod]A reminder to everyone posting here. Implementation questions still need to go to Javascript/Plugin Support. This is not the place for that type of discussion.
Thanks.[mod][/mod][/mod]
Alright! Thanks for the help.

-

About my project...

I'm making a game called Ghost Data, it's a monster collecting light-hearted SRPG, contextualized in-game as a augmented reality card game the characters are playing.

The setting is kind of a parody of the Duelist Kingdom arc of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime -- the characters are living in a island for the duration of a card game tournament.

The game will feature a small, but tightly packed map, that changes as the story progresses -- characters develop, move around, new things become available, etc. I've tried this before in a Pokémon fangame I made and really liked the results, so I'm excited to be doing this in a original project.

The SRPG battle system revolves around the use of skills -- they are unique for each monster, and I'm trying my best to characterize them well using this.

1.png
3.png
6.png

You can also equips "Mods" that alter the monster's stats or give them a new skill:

5.png

There's a lot of different kinds of monsters in the game (humans, creatures, ghosts, etc). Currently, I have around 100 monsters planned, and around 40 already in the game, here are some examples:

2.png

These are just early, conceptual sketches I made and I'm obviously not and artist, and as you can see some of them are lifted very inspired by existing characters. I plan on developing these further and making them more unique. Also, if you have any ideas for monsters in the game, I'd welcome them a lot!

I made a demo featuring some battles. It's unpolished, but functional. My friends found it quite hard, but I assure you every battle is winnable. Here it is:

If you're interested in this project, you're welcome to contact me to discuss it, I'm very open to new ideas. Anyways I hope you guys liked it and I'm excited to learn about your own projetcs!

Attachments

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@big_noob Looks nice!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't done much to my project, but it will be very inspired by Fire Emblem and Xenoblade 2.

You can choose to have three out of six characters in your party. They all have different skills and passive skills.

Here's a short description of every character:
Mercenary, deals high damage when HP is low.
Archer, can move again after using a skill.
Fairy, can fly over most objects and can curse/bless an enemy/ally.
Mage, magic gives one charge. The charges can then be used to release a more powerful magic.
Tank, can repair weapons and use his own HP for skills instead of MP.
Assassin, has two forms. One is the normal and the other is shadow. The skills works a bit different in the two forms.

For the graphics I will use the RTP, since I can't draw. I may use some edits though.

There are four types of elements: physical, fire, ice and earth. Weapons with physical element cannot break, the others has durability.

The weapons in the game does not increase stats, and instead changes which element the character currently has. The element does not only effective against certain enemies, but it also has an important role in chain attacks, which is explained below:

Chain attacks is basically building up a super attack by attacking the enemy with the right chain attack skill and the right element weapon. Every attack skill is a stage one, two or three attack skill. So use stage one to start a chain attack, then two and end it with a three. Ending a chain attack does different things depending on which element you have built up.

I may write more about my game later.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eldercraft