Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Think your awesome because you are the only one in your homeroom class that plays Fire Emblem?

That doesn't even come close to what I'm referring to.

Is there ever a time when you have a game you REALLY love, you try to find someone to talk to about it, but NO ONE has ever even heard of the game before?

Or even worse, THEY THINK THAT GAME IS REALLY AN ANIME!?

I fell that way with Clannad and Little Busters!

Seriously though, what are games you love, but few people know about it's existence?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Atom Zombie Smasher

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Possibly one of my favorite games EVER, yet not a single person seems to know about it... ;_;
That I can agree with, I know about the game but never played it >.>

negative_headed

Hard to Read
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anything exclusive on the Vita. I love them but when I tell people about them they weird out in a "But no gaems" loop...

I don't get it...

Seriously though... If I love it and you haven't heard of it then that's probably because you shouldn't have... Samples,

Dream C Club Zero Portable

Gal*Gun

and finally Soreyuke! BurunyanMan Portable

And remember to clear your browser history after searching >.>

I'm also a huge Raid Gamer so when I mention Raid game titles its normally hit or miss unless it's monster hunter which I really haven't played for some number of years.

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Opoona on the wii,a highly underrated RPG on the wii.I also love the Harry potter RPG trilogy on GBC and GBA,I also really liked Magical starsign on DS,great art and humor.

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How about "Overlord" for the NES? 

Kinda for a niche audience, but if you are in that niche it is really good!  ^_^

Of course, the critics were of the opposite opinion... :p

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom for NES

The 7th Saga for SNES

Really enjoyed these two games.

muramasa

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Paladin's Quest (aka Lennus) <--actually this is probably not that obscure...

Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun (it's fricking funny! x'D)

Treasure of Rudras

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon

Rayearth

Madou Monogatari - Hanamaru Dai Youchienji

Front Mission!!!!1!

I have this collection of SNES RPGs that I WANT TO PASS, from which a LOT are on Jap-only... a lot of these are pretty obscure, but pretty good.

Also Psyker, if you like 7thSaga you will probably like Mystic Ark too, it's from the same people, and it's supposed to be similar. C:

Salut,

OZ

Last edited by a moderator:

FestivePotato

Awesome Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Katamari Damacy, I guess. It doesn't seem like alot of people have heard of it.

Arin

Tonight...we dine...in-oh a piece of candy!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pangya.

I mean, I love this game to death as being one of the best weaboo fandom golf anime games ever, and when I bring it up with people, they're like "I don't like golf". Or "that's not anime". Hell, it's even where I got my name from! It's updated regularly and has a great vibe of fantasy to it. The only thing I don't like about it is the community, and how the entire line between casual and competitive is so blurry not even glasses/contacts could fix the problem.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Jet Force Gemini for the N64.

Like one of the best shooter games of all-time. I'm still hoping they someday make an Xbox Live port like they did for Perfect Dark. (Both games being old Rare Studios games)

Pangya.

I mean, I love this game to death as being one of the best weaboo fandom golf anime games ever, and when I bring it up with people, they're like "I don't like golf". Or "that's not anime". Hell, it's even where I got my name from! It's updated regularly and has a great vibe of fantasy to it. The only thing I don't like about it is the community, and how the entire line between casual and competitive is so blurry not even glasses/contacts could fix the problem.
Also known as Lolicon Golf. =P

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kerbonklin - I loved Jet Force Gemini!  One of my favorite games of the N64 era.

Milkdud

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Enemy Infestation - A great real-time tactics game with random properties to enemies (like for instance, a fire extinguisher that could multiply aliens, evolve them, or knock them backwards. A few shortcomings though, but an overall very enjoyable game.

Knights of the Chalice - Actually, I know why not many people have heard about this game, but it's rather long to explain. It's a great throwback to the older cRPG's and a very well developed game.

Okage: Shadow King - One of the few JRPG's I really enjoyed back in the day.

Jackal/Top Gunner - Played this game constantly whenever I went to my friends house, I think after so many tries, we finally managed to beat it once or twice.

Myth: The Fallen Lords - My favorite game series developed by pre-Halo Bungie. One of the first games to have ragdoll physics on corpses (and very bloody battles) and very challenging as well. It was also inspired by The Black Company, so that gets bonus points.

Z - A very difficult and often overlooked RTS released around the time of WarCraft 2 and Command & Conquer.

Lego Island - It's a Lego game which at the time, had a lot of things to do in it.

Future Cop L.A.P.D. - Awesome game with an even awesome multiplayer mode where you can fight bots and take control of the map.

WarGames: Defcon 1 - Doesn't really have anything to do with the movie, but who cares, it's cool either way.

That's all I can think of for the moment, I'll probably post more when I remember them.

EDIT: 

Jet Force Gemini for the N64.
Oh man, I completely forgot about that game. I remember being over at my friends house one day and his mom coming home with a copy. I remember playing that game constantly at his house. Great times.

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Most obscure games I've ever played... probably either Legend of Legaia or Growlancer (admitted, growlancer is fairly well known, I believe I am the only person in Alabama/maybe the entire southern United States who's ever played it, however.)

Jollan

The Musical Stickman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
meme
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well, the only one I can think of off the top of my head, there will probably be more later, was Metal Warriors on the SNES. Pretty awesome 2d side-scrolling mech game.

Eschaton

Hack Fraud
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The original Magi-Nation. I thought it was a forgotten gem, myself. A snarky PC, rather than a dumb, hot-headed one, was a nice change of pace.

Hard as fossilized dog ****. Never beat it, though...

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The original Magi-Nation. I thought it was a forgotten gem, myself. A snarky PC, rather than a dumb, hot-headed one, was a nice change of pace.

Hard as fossilized dog ****. Never beat it, though...
Was that the one on GBC? I could never get into it,but liked the graphical style in it xD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And my first batch of gobbo battlers is up *yay* (images should show now as they first didnt - Just my luck lol)
I've released the game I've been working on for the past 7 years, and wrote a postmortem detailing the struggles of developing a game alone. Check it out! https://meiri.itch.io/apple-pie/devlog/160774/apple-pie-a-postmortem
Petty boss is working today. Hope he realizes today that messing with me is gonna ruin his day like yesterday. I can operate very comfortably on the fringes of policy XD
I know it's such a small thing, but I love when games let you interact with everything. Like pressing A on some papers on the floor pops up dialogue, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ba_hq