Games you love, but no one has ever heard of

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Seacliff, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Chaneque

Chaneque Prince of Strange Things Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm not finished it yet, but I absolutely adore Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea.

2. Fungii

Fungii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can I say Gregory Horror Show? I guess it's sort of unfair to say that seeing as the game was only released in Japan and the UK :guffaw: . I mean it has sort of a cult-classic following but eeeh. Not enough.

3. Belmont

Belmont Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Culdcept and Culdcept Saga. Such amazing games yet no one seems to know them.

4. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Secret of Evermore for the SNES is one of my favorites,, but seems sort of lost to time.

On the flip side, I absolutely hate that I spent even $20 on Obitus, also for the snes.

5. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    I doubt it's particularly unheard of, but probably not seen as a serious driving game and unheard in that sense; Hot Wheels World Race is my favourite driving game having got it free with my PS2 back in the daze. I've yet to convince anybody similar of this.

6. Zelkova

Zelkova Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Rocket mouse.

Z.o.e

Zombies ate my neighbors.

Galarians.

Drakengard. [Though recently more popular due to 3.]

Road Rash.

7. Cadh20000

Cadh20000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Mighthave mentioned it before but...
    "Overlord" for the NES was one of my faves. It was a micromanagement style game where you adjusted taxes, bought used spaceships, farming stations, and mining stations, solar satellites, etc... to provide for the people, deal with the consequences of natural disasters, and with occasional battles as you struggled to defend your planets from the enemy or to conquer his planets for your own use.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
  8. Luminous Warrior

Luminous Warrior Knight in Battle Scarred Armour Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Final Fantasy Legends. It's called SaGa in Japan, but when Square brought it to America they renamed it to piggyback off of the success of Final Fantasy.

I played it when I was a kid and it was one of the first RPGs I ever played, and, even though it was rife with engrish and the plot would probably be considered horribly cliched now, I still love it.

9. CrazyCrab

CrazyCrab Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Ghost Master on the PC. It's also on Steam.

I played this game so many times, for some reason it just never gets boring.

The premise is just so unique, what other game lets you command a bunch of ghosts who are here just to scare people? So awesome.

I've been thinking of making a fan sequel myself, but I'm horrible at programming AI.

10. Maximus32

Maximus32 Absolute Genius Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Densetsu no Stafy 1-3.

They're all fantastic platformers for the GBA only released in Japan. I don't know nothin' in Japanese and they're still enjoyable.

Sadly, the only one that's been released in America (The Legendary Starfy) was NOT at all that great. They're probably never going to make it to the U.S. market ever again...

Oh, and also the Pikmin games.

11. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I just thought of a couple more.

I actually loved Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego for the SNES. It even came with an encyclopedia (which I still use as a reference). I can't imagine why Iwas so engrossed by this game, other than loving world history. The graphics sucked, there was almost no music and it had a clunky interface.

12. Matombo

Matombo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    touhou and

ufo: alien invasion (awsome globe and combat stradegy mix, also it's free but not bug free)

13. Mittyke

Mittyke Warper Member

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Wurm Online: Okay, i get it, most of the kids my age would never play something so... slow. But it's an awesome game. Similar to Minecraft (actually, Notch was working on this one before he started Minecraft... I wonder where the ide came from...?), but much more mature. And I just LOVE this game, but I know no one else (except for my parents and brother and uncle, but my whole family knows about it because of my uncle).

Deep Sleep, Little Talk At The Back of Beyond and Deeper Sleep: I found these three amazing games on Armorgames. They are all indie games, done by scriptwelder, who has done many other awesome games that no one knows. But these three are my favourite. Deep Sleep and Deeper sleep are the same series. They are point-and-click horror/thriller games. If you play it with friends during daytime, they are not scary. If you play them alone at night... *shudders* I actually wasn't brave enough to play Deeper Sleep to the very end yet. Little Talk At the Back of Beyond, on the other hand, is not scary at all. But it is incredibly sad. It is a small game about talking to someone. Anything else I would say would be a spoiler. All three are very good, but no one knows them.

14. frrrosty

frrrosty Spiteful Crow Member

First Language:
    English
    Fist or Twist is a great one.  A fighting game where you actually do damage to specific body parts, thereby making moves with those body parts weaker or completely ineffective.  Really awesome game with some unique strategy.  Do you go for the legs because your opponents kicks are really effective, or keep working on his arms because they're both about to be broken?

Wow, I was going to mention this one, you're the first person I've seen mention this game :)

15. Ultim

Ultim Kartoffel. Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    Nobody in this place knows about Driver : San Fransisco for the Xbox 360.NOBODY