Games You Love That Everyone Else Hates

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by MobileSuitSonic, Feb 5, 2017.

1. readydotexe

readydotexe Low class wizard Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Shadow the hedhehog, I mean is enjoyable I really like his mechanics and music (but most sonic games have good ost) but I recognize is a bad game

Robin Hoot likes this.
  2. The A.C Gamez

The A.C Gamez Gamer/Game Maker Member

First Language:
    Eglish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sly Cooper i've played that game since i was 7

Vaena likes this.
  3. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm, I tried so hard to think of a game that I loved that no one else did and the only game that I could come up with is only hated because it's old. (-_-) Final Fantasy VII, not my most favorite game in the Final Fantasy series (that's now, Final Fantasy VI). I am pretty easy going with games, but most of the time, if I HATE a game I can never forget it. I did like Breath of Fire 3, apparently they didn't re-release it in the United States, because it must not have done so well. (>_<) Still upset about that one...

4. Benny Jackdaw

Benny Jackdaw Ratty! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    What are you talking about, it was released in the states. In fact I personally own the game.

5. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, the re-release for PSP, I looked all over online and the only version I EVER found was the EUROPE version (USED TO NEW). Of course, they released the Breath of Fire 3 originally, because I played it and loved it. I wanted to buy it again for the PSP, only the PSP version never came out in the United States.. Which I found odd, by the way and looking it up, discovered that they FINALLY released it in 2016. (uncertain if it was the PSP version or just the playstation version, you can never tell with these corporations). So I told the truth as I knew it, I gave up looking, because I figured that it was never coming out and why it took them this long you have got me. I just assumed that it did so badly that they didn't release it here.

6. onipunk

onipunk Archmage of Procrastination Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Not sure you can call FF7 hated after 5 games, a movie, a bunch of OVAs and novels, and an upcoming full remake (as opposed to the remaster FF12 got). In my opinion it's really the opposite, it's overrated, but that's not what this topic is about.

I've always had a soft spot for the Dept Heaven series, which I know a lot of people turn away from due to their unconventional mechanics, which is honestly fair enough. Knights in the Nightmare especially can be bloody hard to get to grips with, but if you manage to get to the stage where you're comfortable with the gameplay in each game, you'll be rewarded with some beautiful art and music and a very different story to most RPGs. Yggdra Union, especially.

7. evmaster

evmaster Think Outside the Box Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This. Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic 2006.

readydotexe likes this.
  8. Lornsteyn

Lornsteyn Sleepy Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Final Fantasy X-2, I read so many negative comments about this game, well most of them were ridiculous.
    Its a good game and a nice sequel to X.

dreamfall887 likes this.
  9. Clades

Clades doesn't exist Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Devils Third. Great shooter-game for the Wii U. But it has bad reviews. But I like this trash-style.

10. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. I can see why FF veterans and everyone in Europe ever hate that game, but it was my first FF, so it's probably the nostalgia goggles doing it for me.

DestinyBattle likes this.
  11. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Gran Turismo 6... the game is very underrated. Sure it isn't exactly hated on, but overall reviews of it were lower than other games of its series despite some of the great things it did for the time. It broke a world record for the largest amount of cars put into a single video game release... then it had NO DLC on top of that plus a track editor, and detailed descriptions of all those cars. I bought a PS3 for the sole reason of playing this one game. Oh, and it ran 1080p at 60 FPS, which wasn't all that common for PS3 games (a lot were only 720p).

Taking it even further, the game let you drive futuristic cars and hit speeds that no other game of its genre ever let you do before (SRT Tomahawk X at 400 mph was epic for example).

12. DestinyBattle

DestinyBattle Final Fantasy Nut Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Sonic '06.

I don't see the problem with the game. Why is it shitted on all the time? XD

13. dreamfall887

dreamfall887 Moon Priestess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  14. DestinyBattle

DestinyBattle Final Fantasy Nut Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I like the music, and the gameplay. The distinct differences between all the playable characters are well done, considering that it's difficult to excecute correctly. Yes, there are bugs, and the story, I would say it's lacking, but I feel overall it's still a good game.

Hope that answers your question.

dreamfall887 likes this.
  15. Linhtendo

Linhtendo □_ヾ(・_・ ) Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Lost in Blue. Where you stranded on a lonely island and you have to survive and such. So many people wrote in their reviews that the game is bad because they're dying so much, even at the beginning. :D I've never died even once. And I would love Lost in Blue on the 3DS... would be so great. :(

16. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Valkyrie no Bouken, an unlocalized Famicom game.
    Regardless, it's not very popular in the west even by the people who played it. Some claim it's a poor execution of the early open-world genre, with fairly high difficulty spikes and overly cryptic progression points that most wouldn't know about without a guide...

Yet that didn't stop Zelda 1 from being one of the most praised games in its time. In fact, I thought the game was better than Zelda 1. :p

17. trouble time

trouble time Victorious Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Shhh, you can't imply bad things or even neutral things about zelda they'll hear you.

18. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sometimes I enjoy a game that many players have disliked (but critics have given high scores to). Other times I enjoy a game that critics have slammed but players didn't.

I enjoyed Deus Ex: Mankind Divided a lot, despite many players having complained about it. It's pretty much the same standard as Human Revolution. I guess players created unrealistic expectations for it which it did not match. Plus many also complained about its microtransactions DLCs, but if the game can be completed with no problem without them, then why is it such a problem? Just don't buy them. It's only bad if the game is broken without them.

Some games that got very low critic scores despite being reasonably fun and deserving of a higher score IMHO: Most games by Spiders Studios (Technomancer, Mars: War Logs, Of Orcs and Men), Rise of the Argonauts, Marlow Briggs, The Cursed Crusade, The First Templar, Betrayer, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (Episodes I and II).

19. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    I find a consistent pattern that this rule applies to mainly 3D Zelda games.
    I think I'm safe... for now.

20. Gaiaman77

Gaiaman77 Music Composer/Sound Designer/Self Proclaimed Nice Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Maybe not a game as such, but ffVIIIs junction system was actually one of my favorite things about the title, regardless of how "broken" it was. on my first playthrough I remember having a great time working out all the various item and card modifications you could make, I was really proud of having a characters health sky rocket early game, and loved experimenting with different magic types. A real step away from the usual which is what I think the series needed.