Games You Love That Everyone Else Hates

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by MobileSuitSonic, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Seacliff

Seacliff Self Proclaimed Professional Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    I thought the general opinion was that Diamond/Pearl wasn't that great. (Poor balancing such as no available fire pokemon outside of the starter, poor pacing, not to mention pretty buggy with bad loading times), while Platinum patched up most of the generation's major problems.

2. The Mighty Palm

The Mighty Palm Resident Palm Tree Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Lemme come in a year later and add another game: "Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition"
    Because even the people who like the game usually prefer the gamecube version. Yeah, the Special edition runs like molasses in the wintertime, but the games so slow paced anyway that the load times never bothered me. Plus it balanced the game out much better imo. You cant just buy a seed maker + a single banana tree and start printing money, and you dont start with a field full of fodder, teaching you that its better to let your livestock out unless its raining. You can have a daughter. And BEST of all, each chapter is only 1 year long. Gamecube version that crap went on forever. Never reallly cared for Lumina though. Celia always best girl. So much so that I'm in love with her name and find myself using it all the time for stuff.)

As for the base game itself, I'm still peeved that no other harvest moon or harvest moon inspired game lets you really "have a life" from your arrival to your death years later. People got old. Animals came and gone. Friends moved away and came back. Your kid grew up and was influenced by the people around him. I loved it.

it just needed a few festivals. And more rewarding crop growing.

That's all it was missing to be perfect and its neeeever gonna happen.

3. Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine Artist/ Developer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Final Fantasy VII is probably one of the most loved RPG:s of all time. There are some haters in the web, but they're a grand minority compared to the people who liked it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  4. grate51

grate51 Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    IGM
    I know many players don't like this game, but right now I am playing WoW. I enjoy World Of Warcraft , when I'm not losing. I enjoy playing with friends everytime, no matter if we win or lose. I also found many skillful players thanks to mmonster platform. They helped me a lot and I see no reason to hate it when I get a lot of pleasure from it:yhappy: