$gameSystem.versionId is not a function [YEP CoreEngine.js]

thecourier

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get this error when trying to load a save from my project. :( Everything was working before. Game is able to start a new game and save, but trying to continue crashes the project. Any solutions?

YEP_CoreEngine.js:1098 TypeError: $gameSystem.versionId is not a function
at Scene_Load.reloadMapIfUpdated (rpg_scenes.js:1784)
at Scene_Load.onLoadSuccess (rpg_scenes.js:1773)
at Scene_Load.onSavefileOk (rpg_scenes.js:1764)
at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.callHandler (rpg_windows.js:902)
at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.callOkHandler (rpg_windows.js:1171)
at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.processOk (rpg_windows.js:1156)
at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.processHandling (rpg_windows.js:1027)
at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.update (rpg_windows.js:984)
at rpg_core.js:7035
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All I can say is in the default engine $gameSystem.versionId is most definitely a function. It's mostly likely a plugin is changing this - though I doubt it's Yanfly's CoreEngine, I think it just happens to be catching the error.

Have you added any new plugins recently? Try turning them off.
If that doesn't work, turn off all plugins including Yanfly's CoreEngine.
If that works, turn on only Yanfly's CoreEngine
If that works, the issue isn't Yanfly's CoreEngine and it's another plugin. Turn plugins on one by one until you find the one that breaks it, then we know what to address.

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you added a new plugin or re-arranged them in the plugin editor, then you cannot load an old save. You will only be able to start a new game and save/load file from that version

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game is able to start a new game and save, but trying to continue crashes the project.
let me guess, you added or removed a plugin?

Because most changes in the plugin manager will require you to start new games for exactly this reason, and there is no other solution than to stop working in the plugin manager.

Part of the plugin data and the structures has to be saved into the savefile, that is how the plugins remember their own data on loading. But if you change what plugins are loaded, then that savefile becomes incompatible because it suddenly contains data that is no longer needed or is missing data that is only created by a new plugin on new data.

And that usually ends up with "undefined" or "is not a function" errors.

And you already found the solution: start a new game
You'll have to do that in playtesting and balancing a dozen times anyway, but it is one of the reasons we suggest to get your plugins configured first in the developing process.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say "trying to continue", do you mean trying to continue a game you'd saved before adding/changing plugins? Or that you can start a new game, save it, then return to the title screen (or exit the game), and then try and continue that newly saved game?

thecourier

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, yes it turns out it was an incompatible plugin that was calling that function. Thank you for the help.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GHench