A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooooooooh this is a very good idea! Very cool. Please do finish it and release it. I would add it to my RM MV game.

fm2107

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
will you be making it compatible with yanfly's menu manager? 

OneCarLost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Looks really good so far, the external editor is truly appreciated. As @fm2107 said, will it be compatible with Yanfly's menu manager?

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'll have to see what that plugin even does, but I'll try to make it work with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quickdraws

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks very promising keep up the good work I look forward to when this is released. I love quest systems but in vxa where always a bit of a pain to program from the script editor having a interface editor will make that so much easier and more accessible for everyone. +1 followers :D

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
This is probably dumb from me to ask but : what the journal quests would look like in game ?

Because for now we don't have any journal quest plugin...

I liked Modern Algebra journal quests script back in ace : http://s9.postimage.org/xqkg17zcf/qj1.png

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm going to be making my own quest system that pairs along with the editor that I've been posting progress on. I dunno what it will look like because I haven't figured it out yet.

By the way folks, the editor is done and if anyone is wanting to check out the editor while I work on the plugin system here you go. I'd love for everyone to test it out and let me know if there are any issues/bugs you find. The exe has to be placed in your project's root directory before running.

Final Editor Layout

35d3EeD18.png

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Very cool. I find it interesting you finish the editor before the in game interface. It will be interesting to see how it goes from here.

Jukan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Watching over this one! My expectations are already blown away by the bery idea of an external GUI layout. When this is finished, its defiently going to be used in my game. Thanks for your hard work thus far!

fm2107

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I'll have to see what that plugin even does, but I'll try to make it work with it.
the menu manager allows for adding new menu commands to the menu list. for example if you decide to have a script or function call for your plugin, you can set it up so that you can place the script/function call in a common event and have the menu manager call the common event for instant menu command through yanfly's plugin

RetroNutcase

Jolly Cooperating Sunbro
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question, assuming someone uses this for a main questline, how would one manipulate variables/switches with it? IE, if you need to have a quest flagged as complete before you can move onto something?

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Following this one also. This is Great!! Devs helping devs to help other devs!!! Keep up the hard work........is it done yet?  (lol jk)

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
the menu manager allows for adding new menu commands to the menu list. for example if you decide to have a script or function call for your plugin, you can set it up so that you can place the script/function call in a common event and have the menu manager call the common event for instant menu command through yanfly's plugin

Looking at the plugin, I feel like this is something you have to setup yourself since everything is configured through the plugin manager. There will be a script call to open the quest log.

Question, assuming someone uses this for a main questline, how would one manipulate variables/switches with it? IE, if you need to have a quest flagged as complete before you can move onto something?
There will be a script call to check if a quest is completed. On top of which, there is also a script call to mark the quest is completed. When you use that script call to mark it as completed, you would also just turn your switch or set your variable to whatever you needed. The script won't do everything for you but it does make managing quests easier.

fm2107

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Looking at the plugin, I feel like this is something you have to setup yourself since everything is configured through the plugin manager. There will be a script call to open the quest log.

There will be a script call to check if a quest is completed. On top of which, there is also a script call to mark the quest is completed. When you use that script call to mark it as completed, you would also just turn your switch or set your variable to whatever you needed. The script won't do everything for you but it does make managing quests easier.
awesome this is pretty much almost like modern algebra's set up

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
THIS. So much this. I support this so hard.

Nice work!!!

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice, I love myself a good quest system. This is going to be pretty epic with a quest editor as well, wow.

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Quest system is coming along nicely. Don't have anything to show for it quite yet. But thanks to @ZephyrLightningheart for reporting a bug in the quest editor. Updated the download link and if you have already been using it, redownload it and then delete the Quests.json from your data folder.

PanoramicPanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can't wait to see this in action. I really like the standalone program, it's well laid out and works very nicely. Looking forward to the plugin! Modern Algebra's was top notch for VXA, but the inclusion of this standalone quest maker really sets this project apart.

gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Alright, time for some more progress! Since I've decided to add sub-categories to the quest system. "Story", "Crafting", "Side Quests", etc... I've decided to go with a tree view when displaying all the quests. And yes, the sub-categories are collapsible/expandable.

56L59mV26.png
This is just the start to the UI. All the quest framework is done, I just need to finish up the UI.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.
Yes, I made made my profile picture into a poorly edited fat cat
TextBox like JRPG (Retro):
halloween_test_img.png
Memory of a Halloween party.
Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yatteryu