- Oct 25, 2015
- Reaction score
- First Language
Gameus' Quest SystemIntroduction
This is a (for the most part) basic quest system. Has a basic layout to help players keep track of all the different quests they might encounter. Also gives you plenty of commands and script calls to manage and keep track of said quests behind the scenes.
- Simple UI to keep track of quests with some customization options
- Friendly commands to track/complete/fail/reset/count/progress quests
- Auto rewards upon quest completion (optional)
- Quest categories (optional)
- Full blown quest editor included
NOTE: I removed the audio and graphics from the demo due to filesize. Extract the zip into a new project.
Thanks to @scarasyte for finding a backup
(Links below are dead)
Demo (Plugin and Editor Included)
Place the script in a file and save it in your 'plugins' folder. Name the file 'GameusQuestSystem.js'
In order to use this plugin, you need to download the Quest Editor. Place it in your project's folder and run it at least once. Make sure you save or your game won't run.
Make sure to read the plugin's help. It lists all the plugin commands and script calls.
- Custom words not working
- Issue with Yanfly's core plugin, making it load Test_Quests.json during a test battle
- Cannot read property "cat" of null (No idea where this is coming from, but will look into it) (cat being category, nothing related to the cat quests at all)
Here's a list of planned features for future updates. There is no particular order or an ETA on any of these. They'll come when they come.
- Implement Yanfly's gold icon for quest rewards
- Allow an option to use background images instead of windows
- More Colors, the option to color your quests and categories, and all the different parts of a quest
- Font options, the ability to change the font and font size throughout
- More icons for categories and sub categories
To use this with Yanfly's Main Menu plugin, set one of your menu options like so:
Feel free to use this in any non-commercial or commercial game. (Though I wouldn't mind a free copy!)
Feel free to adapt/modify/redistribute as long as you provide proper credits and point to this original thread.
Credits and Thanks
- Thanks to everyone in the development thread for suggestions and support