gameusguyus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just want to wish everyone a merry christmas and thank everyone for being patient on that update. After the holidays my life shouldn't be as chaotic and hopefully I can push out a temporary update. Temporary as in, I want to rework my entire quest system and make the steps a bit more versatile. 

I'm not ignoring the thread and have been reading each reply, taking suggestions, planning out the next update. I'll do my best to get it out as soon as possible with a bit more features and a few less bugs.  

Happy holidays everyone!

takashi1kun

spaghetti god code
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spain Spanish
Primarily Uses
Suggestions:

-Option to autocheck the accomplisiment of a step(whitout events, if the step is up the variable 10 to 10, when is 10, autocomplete the step)

-The same of above but to the quest
-steps can be a switch
-option to change filter whit mouse
-option to add a image to a quest
-steps can be obtain objects
I know i have a bad english, thank you 4 this great plugin, this are only suggestion.

Kikeluzi

Paladin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I promise its coming, just gonna have to be patient. I want to make sure most of the bugs are squashed, more customization options, and possibly a few new features. Work has been killing me though since the holidays are coming up, I haven't had a whole lot of free time. Really sorry about the long wait guys.

Worst case scenario at this point, the update won't come out until the end of January, that gives me plenty of time to deal with the holidays, but I'm gonna do my best to release it before then. Really wish I hadn't put everyone through the wait and caught these bugs when I released it. xD
So... taking advantage that you are almost back... I have a bug to report to you :p

In the plugin settings, there's a Display Option named "Use Categories", I don't want to need to click in the categorie in the quest Log to select the Quests, I wish I could select the quests without select any categories, so I put "false" in the box... but, when I change to false, the quest description don't appear :v

like here:

1237190_972643612816188_7512749915826029756_o.jpg
(yeah... it's in portuguese :v)

If you accept a suggestion, I think it would be better if the categories isn't selectable, and only visual, only for organisation! :D

And that's all! thank you for this awesome plugin/editor!!! :3

Last edited by a moderator:

ryosonic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the wonderful plugin!But I don't  need word-wrap....... how to cancel it,please?

Paul_Reitz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to do quest open 1 or quest open 2, etc. I would like the ability to open immediately to the quest selected.

AliceGarden

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Good job, beautifull plugin. BD

But can we make a pop-up with the reward when the quest is complet ?

PS : sorry for my bad english ^^'

lixerman99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This so awesome! It's exactly what i NEED for my game! 
Any know where to get the commands?

ZUBA Games

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Hi, love your plugin like a lot :guffaw:

I was just wondering if it's possible to do more of the steps at the same time, like if the quest was to obtain two different items, you could go get them at the same time without the need of the Quest NextStep plugin command?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I never got around to using this plugin yet. It seems like a update is required.

overall I just want to ask:

1. How is the plugin?
  2. How is the tool?
  3. How simple has it been for you?
  4. Any major or annoying issues right now?
  5. Any suggestions for a new user of this tool/plugin?

Jennestia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
I never got around to using this plugin yet. It seems like a update is required.

1. How is the plugin?
  2. How is the tool?
1. Seems fine so far, just a would prefer something like ModernAlgebra's quest journal more since it was a bit more..streamlined so to speak.

2. Bug here and there but works pretty good (just follow the instructions very clearly.)

3. Pretty simple just a lot of setup work to get the progress going, but "dynamic" progress is still much needed incase you have a quest where someone can get items out of order.

4. Definitely get this going at the very start of your project if possible to save yourself from overlapping or having to parse all your variables to prevent issues with any other plugin.

Vito27

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hi, i'm having a minimal issue, i'm trying to change the names of the assets Rewards, In-Progress and Steps and speciffically these don't change. Anyone had the same problem and know how to fix it? Thanks anyway, and sorry for my poor english grammar.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_2.png

Schopenhour

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi! You sure done a great job. If i can give you a suggestion, could you make us able to translate every term used by plugin? it isn't possible yet ( in the quest windows, the part where quests are shown isn't translatable at all ). 

ale94gold

Warper
Reaction score
i have the same 'cat' issue 

i use a steam version on a win10 PC. Guys this script looks so cool!!!! please help me use it :,(

DraynaRue Games

Chuunibyou
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is literally the most useful plugin I've seen in a long time (o^▽^o)

You + Yanfly = all the plugins I need to make a great game.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Hey there, I love this plugin, very easy to use and setup is nice.

Does anyone have an idea on how to make a shop kind of thing that would give out quests for this.

Like you would go into a tavern and the bar keeper would give you a list of what quests are available and you can pick which quests you want to take on.

rather than just doing some show choices events, not enough choices for me.

LufuuTheMoogle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i made a little how to use video including Yanflys MMM and how to basic do this if anyone is interested

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

1. How is the plugin?
  2. How is the tool?
I've had no issues in my game and I use all of Yanfly's plugins and some. 

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, I have tried everything I can think of, and I have no idea why this plugin won't work for me.

Following various tutorials, I added in the Quest Log option into the menu via Yanfly's Menu Manager. I have checked and double checked that I've written everything down right. So, when I text the Quest Log, the game crashes saying this:

Quest Break 1.png

I figured "okay, well, maybe I need to activate a quest first. I thought I had activated it, but might as well try this again". So, I created an event that when I interact with it, will do the plugin command "Quest Add 1". What happens? I get this lovely little message:

Quest Break 2.png

Can ANYBODY tell me what I'm doing wrong here? What is 'indexOf'? What is 'categories'?  It's also worth mentioning that previous attempts at working with the editor has been problematic for me. I recently redownloaded the editor, though, and it seems to be somewhat more cooperative, though I don't know how long that will last. Can somebody PLEASE clue me in?

LufuuTheMoogle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I have tried everything I can think of, and I have no idea why this plugin won't work for me.

Following various tutorials, I added in the Quest Log option into the menu via Yanfly's Menu Manager. I have checked and double checked that I've written everything down right. So, when I text the Quest Log, the game crashes saying this:

View attachment 29179

I figured "okay, well, maybe I need to activate a quest first. I thought I had activated it, but might as well try this again". So, I created an event that when I interact with it, will do the plugin command "Quest Add 1". What happens? I get this lovely little message:

View attachment 29180

Can ANYBODY tell me what I'm doing wrong here? What is 'indexOf'? What is 'categories'?  It's also worth mentioning that previous attempts at working with the editor has been problematic for me. I recently redownloaded the editor, though, and it seems to be somewhat more cooperative, though I don't know how long that will last. Can somebody PLEASE clue me in?

honestly i dont mean to self promote but try watching the video i made above, see if that works, and if it doesnt work then make sure 100% sure you didnt mistype anything, and if not, try redownloading both scripts and then do it again

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Control_Studios