Gameus' Quest System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by gameusguyus, Nov 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. cjewell77

cjewell77 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

If you are using Yanflys Item plugins it will cause this. Turn them off and try again

2. lixerman99

lixerman99 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sorry if this seems stupid but just checking because there's quite a few steps to install this mod - is it actually selected and turned on in the plugins section? It could easily cause these errors.

3. LufuuTheMoogle

LufuuTheMoogle Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes it is turned on and selected. Now the 1 bug that i did find is (it says this in the post but im going to say it again) if you install the quest system but fail to run the application provided it has 2 outcomes, the game will launch and be glitched, or wont launch and tell you that something is missing

4. Cherry-sama

Cherry-sama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

Yeah, um... I have followed the tutorials step by step. Still get those messages.

I've turned off all of my plugins at least twice now (except the ones needed to make this work), updated all of the plugins--including both of the ones here--and I STILL get those messages when I try and use it. And I've downloaded the demo and what's frustrating is that everything THERE works. I'm at my wit's end with this quest system! D:

The only thing I can think of is that my game is one I imported from RPG Maker VX Ace... But what could that possibly do to effect this plugin?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
  5. Jennestia

Jennestia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Japanese

This was never a problem for me.

My project is from Ace and it incorporated perfectly fine. The only thing that could even remotely affect this system is if you have a lot of variables already used that's being called by the quest program or plugin. Since in MV think of everything being "shifted."

6. cjewell77

cjewell77 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can you upload a copy of your game and send me a link? I will take a look at it for you.

7. Cherry-sama

First Language:
    English

Actually, I just did that and sent it to a friend, and he helped me find out what the problem was--the save files I was using for testing were corrupted from when the plugin didn't work for me. And...it works now. (I feel dumb, now.) Anyway, thank you guys for all your help and support anyway. :) I appreciate all of your consideration.

8. LufuuTheMoogle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Very glad you got it fixed.

9. Cherry-sama

First Language:
    English

Thank you for your help. :)

Out of curiosity, is it possible to do non-linear quests with this system? Like, where you can accomplish Task B before Task A. Just a yes or no will suffice.

10. Radis3D

Radis3D Just a Devilz Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    annoo...

excuse me..

is this plugin still ver. 1?

not yet updated?

11. LufuuTheMoogle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Im pretty sure their isnt, but dont quote me on it. I havent touched MV in like a week and i barley messed with the quest system, so try messing around a bit. you might be able to, but if you cant suggest it to OP and he might make that happen

12. Cherry-sama

First Language:
    English
    Okay, well, I hope it is. Thanks for your answer anyway. :)

Also, if OP is reading, then please make it happen (if it isn't there already)! :D

13. Nev

Nev Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Great plugin. Is there a way to update the Quest Description ingame for like a "developing" quest without creating a whole new one? I know you've got something like that for the hidden steps/tips, but say I wanted the Quest Log to be like a journal and for it to reflect the character's developing thoughts/opinions as there are new twists and turns in a quest. Would that be possible? If not, that would be a useful addition I think but it's great either way. 

14. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yup! Just use this in a script command!

$gameQuests.get(QUEST ID).desc = "NEW DESCRIPTION GOES HERE"

Just replace the green bits with the desired values! If you need some help understanding hat the values are, here is an example for a simple quest in my game!

$gameQuests.get(1).desc = "We have the bait, now we should deliver it to Snowy, so he can catch some fishies!"

1 is the ID of my quest, which is the same as the number next to the quest, in the list, in the editor!

We have the bait, now we should deliver it to Snowy, so he can catch some fishies! Is the new bit of development in the quest! So you could use that to show the character's thoughts/opinions!

I hope this helps!

burntable likes this.
  15. Nev

Nev Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ah, that's splendid! Thanks so much. 

16. SBGHaseo

SBGHaseo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi, newbie Mac user here with a few questions/comments. First, I can get the editor to run with Wine, but I don't think it's properly compatible with the Mac version of MV because I can't seem to get anything from the editor to be referenced by any plugin commands. I followed Driftwood's tutorial exactly, and it's left me with several glitches, like the quest giver being invisible, saying his "quest not completed" dialogue instead of playing the conversation that's supposed to start the quest, and after making some edits to the plugin commands to make them match what the help file said, he's still invisible but he also can't be interacted with.

17. LufuuTheMoogle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    From what it sounds like. The quest giver event might have been done wrong. Because doing it wrong will mostly result in the even being blank. Aswell as the quest not being complete did you make sure to put the command in correcntly? "Quest Complete ID"

18. SBGHaseo

SBGHaseo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm fairly certain I've entered everything right, but here's a screenshot of my setup for the quest giver and the boss you have to kill just in case I've done something wrong.

quest help.jpeg

19. LufuuTheMoogle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well incase you havent noticed but dont quote me on it, the second and fourth screen shot do not have an event image. Would you mind adding me on steam? Im not an official helper for this but i can try and help since OP is probs busy, Add me on steam Esda. picture of a kid with a headset

20. SBGHaseo

SBGHaseo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Here's the updated event pages for the mayor. Page 2 had to be taken in 2 screenshots so I could show everything. quest help 2.jpeg