Izzybelle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am all for the idea proposed by @zomina. Has anyone figured out a way to create a completed category that the quests will go into? Or am I missing something? That idea about creating two quests was also something I thought about, but wouldn't the second quest not show all the steps

grayed out?

EDIT: 

LOL Found it. xD I get how it works now. Silly me. Sorry~ The above mentioned is already implemented. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Iacas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm getting the error "Cannot read property 'cat' of null

Anybody know if this is going to get fixed or how to fix?

It happens when I open the quest log after accepting a quest.

I had this same issue initially. I would try to open the Quest Log & it would not even allow me to do so because that error would occur. I believe I found the resolution though! Ensure that whatever plugin commands you have that make quests show up the first time you open your quest log is in this particular format:  Quest Add [insert id here]

I was putting it in this format:

Quest Add Quest1

Quest Open

^ which is incorrect.

Quest Add 1

Quest Open

^That worked just fine for me. (I wanted quests to immediately show once the quest log was first opened... do note that you obviously do not want the quest to repeatedly be added, I was just doing it for the sake to make the log open)

I hope this helps all who are having this "cat" issue!

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Iacas hey thanks ill try that. Now basically what I should be doing is have an item open the quest log with a plug in command? Like a journal or whatever but using "Open Quest" as a form of opening it and removing the option from the menu. 

That sound accurate?

Iacas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Iacas hey thanks ill try that. Now basically what I should be doing is have an item open the quest log with a plug in command? Like a journal or whatever but using "Open Quest" as a form of opening it and removing the option from the menu. 

That sound accurate?

Yes, if you want it in that format where you can open the log at any point, then that is correct. Simply have a Common Event set with the plugin command:

Quest Open  (NOT "Open Quest")

set the Common Event as one of the Effects of the key item you're interested in accessing the Quest Log, and bam, you are good to go!

As far as I know, the Quest Log will not show up on your menu (only your key items)--unless you use a Plugin that enables you to modify your menu & you add that as a spot on your menu..., that's if you were interested in making "Journal" or whatever to appear on your menu. YEP has a Main Menu Manager Plugin if you are interested in modifying your menu.

Hope this helps!

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Iacas i see what i did wrong here now, thank you very much for  bringing that detail to my attention! 

BehemothRPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I actually like it. As a workaround for the custom words I changed the strings in the plugin script itself (until it's fixed) and since I already saw the point with the gold icon in the planned features list, everything is fine :)

BehemothRPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello. I really love using this plugin and I have one request. I want my game to show all the quests you have completed. To do this I made a quest category called "completed". I will make 2 of every quest. The first one will be the actual quest and when it is completed it will remove it and activate the other version of the quest which has the completed category. The only problem with this is I cant copy and paste in the quest editor application so I have to manually enter each quest again. I see 3 solutions to this: adding a copy and paste function, adding the option to switch quest categories, or having a built in completed quest function. Thanks.

Maybe I misunderstood this but what you mean is actually already implemented with the different filters, you can switch them in the questbook itself by pressing left / right.

Now you can see 'all', 'completed' or even 'failed' quests.

Pandaperfect

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im having toruble with an error saying "indexof" It seems to me none awnsered this at all.. ?

Louis Pelloni

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French, Italien
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I have a problem with the plugin. He not appear on the screen of my menu game.

What I need to do? 

Danku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
It gives me an error when i try to make the APK GAME, how can i solve this?

Volimance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to make the editor run on a Mac, and if not is there any chance of making an editor that will run on a mac? I know, I'm one of the few who uses a mac, but hey that's where I am.

game_stailer94

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way to make the editor run on a Mac, and if not is there any chance of making an editor that will run on a mac? I know, I'm one of the few who uses a mac, but hey that's where I am.

sure here: 

Volimance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow! I didn't expect to get a response! Thanks so much!
You rock!

My game is in the _very_ early stages, but when it gets to the first demo stage I'll make sure to let you know where you find it!

Fullereno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@gameusguyus

It works perfect with the latest update. The only thing: Trying to change some of the words in the plugin, seems not work properly.

An example below. Where it says "Steps" it should say "Objetivos", and where it says "Rewards" it should say "Recompensas":

Nervermind, found the answer in the previous page (sorry, I forgot to read that page):

Hey 

I think I had the same problem as you did. What I did is to change the Steps and Rewards word you need to open the plugin with notepad, 

and scroll down till a bit that says:

Window_QuestInfo.prototype.drawQuestSteps = function(q) {

Below that you will find a line like this:

this.questBitmap.drawText("Passos", 0, this.lineY, this.contentsWidth(), this.lineHeight());

where it says Passos, thats where I changed it. When you do It it should say Steps. So what you do Is change that to whatever you want and then save!

It worked for me hope it does for you too :D

Also, there's a way to move completed quests to another different category (for example, "Completed quests")? For the text we can edit in the plugin menu, I thought it was possible, but I don't know how to make it work.

Aaaaand this was already answered to in the previous page too:

Maybe I misunderstood this but what you mean is actually already implemented with the different filters, you can switch them in the questbook itself by pressing left / right.

Now you can see 'all', 'completed' or even 'failed' quests.

Sorry again, for bothering you :S

unknown2u

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

First of all this plugin is AWESOME! Really love the quest editor idea - great job!

Is there an option to disable rewards and steps?

That way you can write more text in the quest description and create categories like "books" and make it a fully functional Log book. 

If not, is there a chance you'll allow that?

Thanks again!

unknown2u

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Also, is there a chance to fix the quest editor so breaking a line will be shown corrected and not as a tab space?

StabYourBrain

That Dude
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So.. i just turn the Plugin off for Battle-Testing or what? I mean.. it's all great but i can't make a game without Battle-Testing xD

MadeBySaints

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
sincerely looking forward to implementing this in my game Great work OP!

stephen12235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I keep Getting Range Error Maximum Stacks Exceeded. :/ Not entirely sure why?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Westernnimbus